Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
aaargg! Newbie rant.
So here I am at practice at LH trying to get my POS TTR running. The effin thing will run all day on the bench but as soon as I get it on the track, it will die on me. The longest I was able to keep it running on the track today was a single lap. Please remember, I am a newbie to nitro and have no clue when it comes to tuning nitro engines. I had some help on it but since this is only a 2 needle carb they were having a tough time getting it set right.

So anyway my final run ended in disaster. I made it all the way to the back straight and then it decided to die out dead center. ALong comes a MT going full speed and blasts my poor old decrepid TTR right in the ass-end. Busted wing, busted rod end, bust wing extension. Ouch!

And now not one of the parts I need are available or the part #'s have changed. The only two places that have parts listed for this car have part#'s that do not match my part # list. Nor do they show pictures of the parts. How the hell am I supposed to know which parts to order? Talk about screwed. So the car is busted up and I can't keep the motor running on the track. F me! I am gonna make a run to Als tomorrow and see if they have anything that might be compatible.

So now I am considering going with a RTR Kyosho Inferno.. A-Main has a killer deal on them right now. Does anyone have experience with them? Whats the difference between this and the mp777 Inferno?
Originally Posted by Gforce
Quote:I did it cuz the chicks dig it!
Is this a buggy or truggy? There are a few TTR owners here who can help you thru the parts ID issues.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
Its a buggy. TTR mirage v-spec
Ok, sorry but I have an ST1 truggy. Can't help ya on the Mirage.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
Its a realllly old TTR...

Gforce-
I know that any rtr kyosho shares little with the 777 line. There are a million differnces . Id save the money and buy a little higher up the food chain bud. I think an rtr inferno would be nothing more than a latteral step.
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
Just a tip-when you die on the back straight, walk off the stand briskly, but make sure to SCREAM AT THE TOP OF YOUR LUNGS "WATCH THE BACK STRAIGHT, DEAD ON THE BACKSTRAIGHT" Just so that everybody knows to actually watch out. I ended up breaking a front arm on a kyosho truggy when I smacked into him on thursday.

Of course the 8ight was fine :leghump:

Went up to the guy later to apologise though.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
lmao...I did, just not quite loud enough.
If it is running ont he bench and not on the track, it might be the clutch hanging up or something. Does it die right away or does it struggle a little bit and then sputter then die?
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
Thats just it it doesn't stuggle at all. Hell, The time I actually got around the track, I goosed it over the small jumps and damn near landed in the back straight. She's got power.

Never right away. Hard to tell if it sputters or not. Its usually too far away from me when it happens.
Ok, is it when ;

You are idling for a short time (no gas at all) but the wheels are on the ground that it dies?

Or is it when it's on the ground and you tap the gas and it dies?

Or is it when you hit the brakes?

Or is it when you're on the gas and it bogs down or leans out (either alot of smoke or none at all)?
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
rocco79 Wrote:I know that any rtr kyosho shares little with the 777 line. There are a million differnces . Id save the money and buy a little higher up the food chain bud. I think an rtr inferno would be nothing more than a latteral step.

Ok then, I have a line on a Hot Bodies Lightning Pro 2 for well under 200 with no motor. Would this be a step forward? I don't know if this is an older model or not. I want to move to something with good parts availability.

If I can find the parts for the TTR, I think I will fix it and then throw it back up on ebay and let some other schlub deal with it.
Ponch Wrote:Ok, is it when ;

You are idling for a short time (no gas at all) but the wheels are on the ground that it dies?

Or is it when it's on the ground and you tap the gas and it dies?

Or is it when you hit the brakes?

Or is it when you're on the gas and it bogs down or leans out (either alot of smoke or none at all)?

Alex, I'll take Option number four for $500.00.:joy:
Thats isnt the best but it is basically a copy of the kyosho k2 which still has a strong following .

I raced an lsp for 2 years so HB isnt all that bad
Gforce Wrote:Alex, I'll take Option number four for $500.00.:joy:

Motor maybe spent? when it gets up to temp it losses it compression and dies???
rocco79 Wrote:Motor maybe spent? when it gets up to temp it losses it compression and dies???

That is definetley not what I wanted to hear:mad:
its just a guess bud!
One thing I did notice when I pulled the head off, was the spacer that goes between the head and the motor was missing. Maybe when it gets hot its losing compression there. Weird thing is it restarts instantly. I think I found the missing washer too. Gonna re-install it and see what happens next time I run it.
It sounds like it is the clutch to me. Once it is started, put it on the table or the ground, hold it and give it gas, see if it dies.

My guess would be a combination of clutch and poor tune (which would be inconsistant because of the clutch).
Traxxas_Junkee Wrote:It sounds like it is the clutch to me. Once it is started, put it on the table or the ground, hold it and give it gas, see if it dies.

I had done that a couple of times to check for that. Had no problem with it dying at that point at all.
its the clutch
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Well, if its the clutch...no way I'll find parts to fix it. This suckers headed for egay.
Why would you not be able to get parts?? It's just a clutch.... You probably wouldn't get anything for it selling it with a fried clutch or whatever anyway....
FreeRideFrosty Wrote:Why would you not be able to get parts?? It's just a clutch.... You probably wouldn't get anything for it selling it with a fried clutch or whatever anyway....

Yeah your right. Luckily I just found a parts list with updated part numbers and I can get all the parts I need. So I guess I will stick with this for a little while. Maybe just long enough to get the RC8.
Before you buy a new clutch make sure everything is tight, the screw that threads into the crank that holds the CB on came loose on me one time and it was doing the same thing your is.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OK newbie question RC10Medic 8 1,826 03-06-2007, 07:23 PM
Last Post: RC10Medic
  Newbie Question Chicagojoe 9 1,586 07-23-2006, 10:45 PM
Last Post: cemeb4dk
  Newbie GT RaCeR 5 1,284 10-23-2005, 02:20 PM
Last Post: Blown5.0
  Newbie to this site ricrush 17 3,358 01-29-2005, 07:14 PM
Last Post: ricrush