Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which temp gun to buy
Okay, I am needing a new temp gun. I have narrowed my choices to the Odonnel or the axial. Any others in that vein I'll consider. I have the duratrax and cant get consistent temps. I think I got some CA on the lens OUCH!! What do you guys suggest?

.jpg   867_photo_1.jpg (Size: 9 KB / Downloads: 2)

.bmp   odonnel temp gun.bmp (Size: 12.24 KB / Downloads: 97)
the O'donnell is very accurate, and cant be beat for the $........so go with that
Thats what I was thinking. I like the size of the Axial though. Not sure of quality.
OD's gets my vote. Easier to find in the toolbox Big Grin
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
If I buy one right now (so I can stop stealing my Dad's Raytec) it would be the O'Donnel one.
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:OD's gets my vote. Easier to find in the toolbox Big Grin

What more reason do I need? LOL!! But what if I paint the axial pink?
Od
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
slaytanic Wrote:.....But what if I paint the axial pink?

It gets lost in the other tool box.
He said TOOL BOX :bustingup :bustingup :bustingup :bustingup :bustingup
TEAM DENTTEK HACKING OUR WAY TO THE TOP!!!!!!

THE ANGRY PEAR IS BACK
the OD is prolly the best u can get for the money
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Okay I think it unanimous. 1 more question. Who has actually used one? LOL
I own one. (OD)
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
I just use the spit test on my T-Maxx and any other truck i've had. If the spit dissolves sooner than about 1-2 seconds, shut it off, richen it about 1/8 turn, and let it cool at BDC before running it again. If it is about 1-2 seconds to boil the spit off, you're jsut right. Any later than 2 seconds, and you could lean it 1/16 or so.
Traxxas T-Maxx Pro .15 Smile
AE RC10T3 Wrote:I just use the spit test on my T-Maxx and any other truck i've had. If the spit dissolves sooner than about 1-2 seconds, shut it off, richen it about 1/8 turn, and let it cool at BDC before running it again. If it is about 1-2 seconds to boil the spit off, you're jsut right. Any later than 2 seconds, and you could lean it 1/16 or so.

The spit test is too unreliable. On a cold day the heat sink will be much cooler than the plug will because of the ambient temp difference.

Get a temp gun, though it isn't the golden way to tune.
I use the OD. It's accurate, and you should get a small belt-loop carrying case with it (at least I did). Plus it has a stopwatch feature...........
Losi 8B - O.S. - Futaba - ACE