Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wasp .28
Will the Wasp .28 be fast, and torquey, in a X-1 CRT?
Is the Wasp a good reliable engine?/last how long?

Pullstart Version - $189 Canadian
Non-Pullstart Version - $189 Canadian

If I got the Pullstart version for now, what would I need to do to make it bumpstart for the CRT?

Lastly, (quoted from TowerH's description) "Turbo Type Head Button For Turbo Glow Plugs"

Does this mean I HAVE to use Turbo Plugs.....or just have the option to?

mLoopie
Jammin' CRT, BCE j2pro, Nova p5x, Fioroni pipe
I was born under the hood of a 68 FastBack, Synthetic 10w-30 in my veins, 120 octane in my bottle, Nitrous Oxide for adrenalin and a Blower for a soother
For best performance you should use a turbo plug, not sure if you HAVE to.

I haven't heard great things about Wasp motors, mostly bad, but I have never personally tried one.

I would say look into the STS .28 or I have heard good things about the XTM 24.7.
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
get the werks b7 .28 its got tons of power and is smooth
inferno st Wrote:get the werks b7 .28 its got tons of power and is smooth

Dude.... No offense.... but how do you know?:confused:
.28 wasp motors are notorious for being a huge untunable turd... Look on savage-central.com There is multiple threads about them!
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
i seen dimo's
Scratch that idea then.

Apparently the STS .28 has 1.54hp.........so I'm kinda' leanig away from that.
I was born under the hood of a 68 FastBack, Synthetic 10w-30 in my veins, 120 octane in my bottle, Nitrous Oxide for adrenalin and a Blower for a soother
IMO, don't look at the HP numbers on these things. It doesn't mean much as everyone uses a different method, plust it comes on at different RPM's.
Look into the xtm 24/7 pro, sportwerks .26, or mach .26. These are all are pretty much the same motor. They are all made SH a company in tiawan. I had very very good luck with the xtm 24/7 pro.
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
Whats the Picco .28 Factory Team like?
I think that is the motor that RobH has in his CRT. Seems like a powerhouse, and he says that he hasn't had to touch the needles in months.
Well that IS the engine I was wanting before I started getting talked to about a STS .28

I see in his Picco .28 FT Reveiw thread on TRCZ that it still gets stuck at TDC after his 7th gallon.

Sounds like a decent engine?
Quote:
see in his Picco .28 FT Reveiw thread on TRCZ that it still gets stuck at TDC after his 7th gallon

wtf
micro Loopie Wrote:Whats the Picco .28 Factory Team like?

FreeRideFrosty Wrote:I think that is the motor that RobH has in his CRT. Seems like a powerhouse, and he says that he hasn't had to touch the needles in months.

micro Loopie Wrote:I see in his(his = RobH) Picco .28 FT Reveiw thread on TRCZ that it still gets stuck at TDC after his 7th gallon.

Sounds like a decent engine?

That might make it easier to understand.
damn that thing will prolly go 12 gallons
Is it only the .26 Force that needs a new crank shaft to go from bumpstart to pullstart/roto start?

Or would the Picco .28 need a new Crankshaft to go from Bumpstart to pullstart?
You could buy the new motor in bump start form.

Also in your $180 price range, LRP Z28 spec 3, Axial .32

Cheaper options would be an Axial .28 which makes decent power.
stay away from the wasp, I have never owned/ran one, but I have read TONS of negatives in regards to that mill
micro Loopie Wrote:Or would the Picco .28 need a new Crankshaft to go from Bumpstart to pullstart?

?

And, $180 isn't my price range. I'll spend $250 on an engine. It's just what engine? Wink

The Picco Factory Team is $240 Canadian. ($200US) So around 200-230 US is what I’m aiming for, and I could add a little bit if it's a kick-ass engine, know what I mean?

But I want something that's going to last awhile too.
Well for $230 you can drop a OS30vg in your CRT. I was very happy with both the engine itself, and OS's customer service. Its a full 2yr warrenty and that includes the piston and sleeve itself! The bump start version is $230us.

As for how the 30vg compares? The carb is a dream, no problems tuning it and it holds it forever. Power wise its right up there with a Picco .28 P3 and a Novarossi 528xs 3port, more rpm than the NR though. It is a .30 so its at the limit for truggy rules and will drink more fuel than a good .21 motor. The power band (I had mine in a 1/8th scale buggy) was very strong in the mid-range. I ran 17/46 gearing in my Jammin buggy and it would pull to 50+ no problem. But for a track you won't need gearing like that. A 14t would probably be perfect. When I finally sold mine I still had to heat up the engine with a hair dryer or crack the glow plug open a bit to get it to start on my bump box, I had a little over 6 gallons on the engine at that point

There are plenty other engines out there in that price range that are good though. Best reccomendation I can make is see what people are running in the truggy class. Get a list of the engines, then start comparing prices.

Unfortunately there is no SAE net standard for engines, no truely reliable dyno numbers. Seeing what people are running is pretty much the only way to get a good idea of what matches your needs.
man you can put a os vspec in there for that price range.

GS RACING, TQ FUEL, FASTLANE GRAPHIX, CZECH-IT-OUT
(this is Ponch) Get the V-spec for that price range.
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
As far as brand new motors go where do you find a V-spec .21 for $230? The only OS .21 in that range is a Hot/CEO mod .21vg, which does not have a warrenty at all. no modded motor does.

Why lose out on a 2yr warranty that gets you piston and sleeve replacement for 2 years? If just about anything happens the warranty from OS covers it.

Can anyone point out a new Vspec for that much? A Vspec is $280, which is $50 higher than his $230 range.

Sure, you could find a used Vspec for that much, which might be a better route as you can just send it in for warranty work if it needs anything. But I was speaking of new engines, and not used engines.
ur nuts if you pay that much for a vspec, those things are all over ebay at under 250$ NIB
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Thirdgen89GTA Wrote:Well for $230 you can drop a OS30vg in your CRT. I was very happy with both the engine itself, and OS's customer service. Its a full 2yr warrenty and that includes the piston and sleeve itself! The bump start version is $230us.

As for how the 30vg compares? The carb is a dream, no problems tuning it and it holds it forever. Power wise its right up there with a Picco .28 P3 and a Novarossi 528xs 3port, more rpm than the NR though. It is a .30 so its at the limit for truggy rules and will drink more fuel than a good .21 motor. The power band (I had mine in a 1/8th scale buggy) was very strong in the mid-range. I ran 17/46 gearing in my Jammin buggy and it would pull to 50+ no problem. But for a track you won't need gearing like that. A 14t would probably be perfect. When I finally sold mine I still had to heat up the engine with a hair dryer or crack the glow plug open a bit to get it to start on my bump box, I had a little over 6 gallons on the engine at that point

There are plenty other engines out there in that price range that are good though. Best reccomendation I can make is see what people are running in the truggy class. Get a list of the engines, then start comparing prices.

Unfortunately there is no SAE net standard for engines, no truely reliable dyno numbers. Seeing what people are running is pretty much the only way to get a good idea of what matches your needs.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti...XLGH7&P=ML < This be the one you're talking about?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti...LXLGH6&P=7 < Or this one? < This one looks to be bump start ready right out the box?

Btw, whats the (P) mean?

No racing for me.....(atleast not untill next yr)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wasp 28,but what kind? Casketman 3 1,332 08-20-2006, 11:41 PM
Last Post: BottledBeast