Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Evolution of the Uber-T!
Hi!

As everyone knows, Micro Scales have a real tendency to be a bit brittle to your typical abuse...I found that out about three minutes after I bought my first Mini-T! "Great platform for fun but...how to make it more solid?!" I thought to myself.

Anyhow, after getting a bunch of alloy and mounting a Mamba 8000(came in the original sale from a member at XMW) I said "let see it go!"

[Image: mini-t.jpg]

Well, that lasted until I did a bit of underground car park bashing and hit a concrete pillar doing 35mph...

[Image: mini-tdamage003.jpg]

So right around Christmas last year I decided to buy another roller off eBay with a CF chassis and a bunch of other alloy to reinforce some other areas...it also came with the original stuff so I built a mostly stock roller, sold that and funded half the cost!

[Image: mini-tupgraded002.jpg]

I don't know if it was a good or bad idea but I also switched to a mid discharge 3 cell li-po...more on that later.

From there I tried a bunch of different modifications and went and worked on the highest stress area of the truck...the front end. Her are photos of my 1/10th scale wheel mod(didn't last long...tires blew off the rims at speed) and my various creations to solidify the front end from bending/breaking. The alloy one is version1 and the one piece CF is the creation i use now:

[Image: Mini-Twheelconversion008.jpg]

[Image: mini-tworks002.jpg]

[Image: mini-twurks2004.jpg]

As it stands now, I've pretty much replaced/repaired everything you can think of on a Mini-T. I've even broken the Magnet/Rotor stacks in the Mamba 8000 on a particularly bad crash backflipping at the skatepark. It runs a Mamba 6800(replacement motor from CC) a new three cell li-po from ThunderPower and has my other Spectrum RX. I've got the top speed marked at 54mph by the local Law Enfocement...they saw me playing one day and had to hit with their radar equipment!

Keep an eye out for my upcoming modifications...I have a thought to change the screw size holding the front end together and a BigOlBumper to add a little more shock absorbing....since I can't seem to keep any of the off the shelf alloy in one piece.(I wonder why,lol)

Here it is in all it's glory...roller and full build:

[Image: Mini-Twurks3004.jpg]

[Image: mini-Twerks001.jpg]

Thanks for looking.
I am the Stig.
that is pretty cool
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
can you custom make me some diff gears for a rc18mt that mamba 8k and lipo combo won't rip apart lol
LOVE AMERICA OR GET THE HELL OUT!
www.Suburbanchicagorockcrawlers.com
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
rc crawling headquarters and great customer support!
We need some vids Bro Smile
Addicted- did ya try the MIP diff's? Might help ya some?

Matt
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
Hoobajoob(Greek hillbilly!)Racin' Ranger1(Lil' hillbilly)
Sweeeeeeeettt!
Originally Posted by Gforce
Quote:I did it cuz the chicks dig it!
nice lookin' ride man
The worst dirtbiker is always one step ahead of even the best quad rider....

Tex Wrote:WTF, racing ranger 2?????? and racing ranger 1???? #2 needs his ass kicked for taking someone elses name.
I'm working on a top speed 18t right now that uses the MIP super diffs...they are bomber once you set them just right.

Picture a dual brushless 18t with an upper deck for a 14.8 volt li-po running 1 26/52 gear ratio...with a lot of front ballast i hope to break 90mph.

Either that or have an epic meltdown.Big Grin
I am the Stig.
man dude something the size of a shoe was not made to break the sound barrier lol
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
54 mph wiht a micro!!
FreeRideFrosty Wrote:54 mph wiht a micro!!
You mean mini right?
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PAIN; THE INK AND THE JEWELRY ARE JUST SOUVENIERS
Indeed.
pretty cool
Very nice work!
that's a very cool looking mini-t
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
hey guys...long time no see!

Long story short, my Uber-T has seen some progression/evolution to help it hopefully survive 30 foot triple backflips at the Whistler skateboard park.

Check out the reinforcements made:

double thick top deck
[Image: Uber-T002.jpg]

t-nut top bulkhead(attachs to chassis top plate)
[Image: Uber-T003.jpg]

front shock tower brace
[Image: Uber-T007.jpg]

rear shock tower brace(upside down wing mount) and CF sandwiched tower
[Image: Uber-T008.jpg]

DP mini-t draglink
[Image: Uber-T012.jpg]

roller
[Image: Uber-T013.jpg]

Mamba 6800/11.1 volt li-po(1400mAh/20C discharge) and Spectrum under all the ghetto tape
[Image: Uber-T017.jpg]

I gave it a bit of a shakedown recently and had it land wheels down onto flat concrete from about 20 feet or so. Broke the front shock end(plastic) and broke the pivot block(plastic). Needless to say those parts are on order(alloy replacements).

The truck was unhurt other than those plastic parts...I don't think i know of any other mini that could survive that impact.

Stay tuned for a full test...in a couple weeks I should have a video of my triple back at another forum I frequent that has vid hosting capabilities.

Thanks for looking.

btw, can some moderator move this to the bashers forum? The last time I was here there wasn't anything specific...thanks.
I am the Stig.
moved.........
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thunder King, The next Evolution team3six 27 5,863 03-18-2008, 06:28 PM
Last Post: team3six
  the evolution continues firesprink281 7 1,698 09-27-2007, 01:22 AM