Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pullstart or No Pullstart
As many of you guys know I bought the Novarossi 528 3 port off of Obsessive R/C. Now.... currently the motor is a pullstart motor. Should I just leave it and not worry about it? Or should I get the non-pullstart backplate for it? Am I going to notice any big performance gains or losses either way? How about fuel efficiency?

Thanks guys.
Ditch it ya basher...Wink

Your motor will thank you, less stress/drag on the internals because then there is no starter shaft one way bearing etc.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
You're just pissed that you won't be able to beat me anymore because you won't walk away down the straights like I am going backwards.... ;-)
wow dan u newb did u really just ask that?
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
I am just curious as to how big of a difference it makes. I know it makes some.... just wanted to know if it was something I should do right when I get the motor. Hell I have never even rebuilt a motor, new con-rod anything, I don't even know how to get the crank out to file that pin off..... not gonna lie. :-\
You know my take on it. I've actually had good luck w/ pull starts...put it in & run it.

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies
Obsessive R/C Wrote:You know my take on it. I've actually had good luck w/ pull starts...put it in & run it.

I value your motor advice.... I just won't ask about CVD's. :p: (That thing up and running again??)
ya dan hit him when hes down lol

Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:ya dan hit him when hes down lol

Shut up mike. :p: I know that stuff happens with new, virtually one-off vehicles like that.
It's fixed...got a couple of spares too (just incase) Wink

And yes I am off-topic in my own post. Haha

Same CVD's or did you switch? Did the guy say it was a defect or whatever??
Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:wow dan u newb did u really just ask that?

Second that!!!!!!Confusedmash: :o:
Damn.... I got burned by Bruce. Someone post a link to the backplate that I need and tell me how the hell to get the crank out so I don't eff this up. I am mildly retarded so speak slowly.....
lmfao
Do you know what a crank is??
a crankshaft of course i know what that is i was laghing at the part where you called urself mildly retarded.(im off my a.d.d. meds and its late not good)
Take the cylinder out, then the piston, then push the crank out. Not hard, just take a look inside.
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
ADD is no excuse for anything.....
not saying that
dan take off the flywheel and im sure that engineering degree will help u finish up the rest...

Wheeeeeeeeee!!! Hahaha. I'm sure I can figure it out. And I can skip the "take the flywheel off" step. It's brand new. Haha.
just don't install the piston backwards when putting it back together. You'll kick yourself later.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
yeah make sure the oil thing on the connecting rod points toward the crank
FreeRideFrosty Wrote:And yes I am off-topic in my own post. Haha

Same CVD's or did you switch? Did the guy say it was a defect or whatever??
Factory defect...replaced w/ new parts, but I'm still working on possible alternatives. No other reported incidents like mine, so I'm pretty sure it was a freak thing.

I can get you a backplate & do the mod for you before I ship it out...lmk

FreeRideFrosty Wrote:I am just curious as to how big of a difference it makes. I know it makes some.... just wanted to know if it was something I should do right when I get the motor. Hell I have never even rebuilt a motor, new con-rod anything, I don't even know how to get the crank out to file that pin off..... not gonna lie. :-\

Hmmm.... You sure do give alot of "advise" for someone who admits hes so green.:moon:

Here is the part you need...
http://www.amainhobbies.com/shopping_car...ter_id/161

All you must do is remove the 4 head bolts, the 4 pullstart screws and the 4 backplate screws. Remove the p/s ( noting its direction in the block) and push the crank out the back of the engine....

Then you simply remove (dremel) the small nipple that the owb locks into and your done... Clean the crank throughly with brake clean and reassemble ...Confusedalute:
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune