Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monster truck racin?
What trucks are allowed to run in the monster truck class beside revo's t-maxx's? Savage's ok to run in there w/them? Just curious cause I just picked one up!:headbang: Any info would help, cause I need to build another 10th scale GT now that I traded mine off for this savage!:crazy:

Thanks Matt:headbang:
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
Hoobajoob(Greek hillbilly!)Racin' Ranger1(Lil' hillbilly)
Yes you can race a salvage. Ask Rocco.... he kicked all of our asses with his $25492 salvage.
Nice, I take it Rocco had a little a cash stuffed in it! What about engine limit?

GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
I don't know about all of the engine rules in SMT. Rocco had a buttload of cash into his but the thing looked like a truggy on the track. I'm sure if you talk to him he could at least give you a couple tips to make it more raceable....
I don't belive they have a limit at LH a decent .21-.28 for the Savy would be fine.

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies
Sweet! I'll have to pm him or something? Thanks for the help Dan! You back down at school now?

GIT-R-DONE racin team
Thanks for the info Jerry! I finally started working the GT that ya painted the Dirt Oval body for!! Soon it'll be done:beer:

Thanks again!:headbang:
GIT-R-DONE racin team
Yep. Back down at school. Don't worry though.... I'll be ready when I come up. Here is what has been purchased or is being purchased in the next day or two:

Novarossi 528XS
Jammin JP-3
King Headz Knuckles
White dish wheels
Panther Boa C's
9.5 Violater Tank
Hot Bodies Hub Carriers
Shock fluid
Diff Fluid
Charger
Screw Kit

I think that is it for now. The LSP will be blinged. LoL
Charger

Finally! Celebration! lol. Which one'd you get?
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Ponch Wrote:Charger

Finally! Celebration! lol. Which one'd you get?

I'm getting the same one you have. Seems great for the money. I will need leads for a glow starter and receiver pack though.
Sweet, ya know ya keep shoving money into it you'll be like Rocco!:poke: j/k Hope to meet ya one of these times at the track, along with a buncha other guy's, I was gonna come to the pizza party but no thanks to work for that one!Confusedmash: Confusedmash:

Matt:headbang:
GIT-R-DONE racin team
Ive been out of the savage/SMT racing scene for the better part of a year but to make a capable savage racer isnt the most economic route , but with the RIGHT upgrades i see no reason why you couldnt dominate the current MT crowd! (No offense to anyone buddy but thats my Opinion)

My experiences are with the 1st gen savages not the "X" so heres what i can suggest...
- any sh motor (xtm 24/7pro,mach 26 or 28,sh 28) they make a huge difference
- go with 7k oil in the front diff and 3k in the rear
- LOWER YOUR RIDE height and center of gravity (bones level) if you get and "X" the chassis is already lower but if its a 1st gen. savage you need a twisted toys chassis! Super tough and will make your savage handle like a truggy
- AND CUT OFF ALL THE PLASTIC YOU DONT NEED LIGHTEN LIGHTEN LIGHTEN!!!!!!!!! Take off the bumpers roll bar and anything else you can to cut the excess weight
that will get you on the right track...
Heres a pic of my savage winning the race for the cure A-main race
[Image: eafd4fc9.jpg]
[Image: FinishedSavage005.jpg]
[Image: czechitout001.jpg]
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
beat the current mt crowed huh. i havent had enough time behind the wheel of the revo to unlesh this bottled up beast. akathe darth revo
Yes dude.. No offense but the thumping you'd receive would be Uglyyyyyyyyyy!Wink Wink Wink
well see after a few more times at the track :eek:
rigggggggght.......

I dont race mt anymore anyways... best of luck Ruling the waterhead class if you can!
hahaha, i think hes calling you out rocco...lol

I say break out the savage
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
rocco79 Wrote:Yes dude.. No offense but the thumping you'd receive would be Uglyyyyyyyyyy!Wink Wink Wink
there is no way in hell i would beat ur savage. but some of these other people maybe
Roc....Twisted Toys is no more, they stopped making stuff about a year ago Sad you can still find some of the stuff floating around in BST forums at savage-central.com though.

Vantage makes a decent looking chassis, similar to the TT ones.
inferno st Wrote:there is no way in hell i would beat ur savage. but some of these other people maybe

IDK man...You guys got stomped last weekend by an LST with a rainbow body :o: :o: :o:
traxxas thrasher Wrote:hahaha, i think hes calling you out rocco...lol

I say break out the savage

Yeaaaah im gonna have to go ahead and say no... LOL
Ponch Wrote:IDK man...You guys got stomped last weekend by an LST with a rainbow body :o: :o: :o:
yeah and that guys been driving rc's most of his life
It's now kicked behind the couch, collecting dust and rust...
Thanks a ton Roc, you still got the Savage? If so bring it out and we'll see how bad inferno st thinks he is, I was there Sun watching some rounds and i'm with what Roc said:moon: What's the site for twisted toys? Or where did you get the chassis thru?

GIT-R-DONE racin team
Screw it.... If I win the raffle I think I am taking the 3.3 revo. I'll leave it stock until I break something I need to upgrade. I would do rockers then, pushrods, FOC, and steering. I want to play i nthe basher class again.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Losi Desert Truck Astro 18 8,867 01-29-2009, 04:43 AM
Last Post: GeraldRisch
  19 turn truck? jhautz 7 5,057 11-11-2008, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Rob Kass
  Mini Truggy and 1/10th gas truck Racing Wed. 3-12-08 Rob Kass 4 2,391 03-19-2008, 09:28 PM
Last Post: motoxer4life
  10-1-06 who's racin? Traxxas_Junkee 49 8,331 10-02-2006, 03:56 PM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  Stadium Truck Requirments SEEKandDESTROY2 22 3,868 09-12-2006, 07:02 PM
Last Post: mikeL
  Sunday the 27th... post up if your racin. slim 59 7,346 08-30-2006, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Mr. Tune