Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DpS or PiccO? help me decide plz
ok, Im in a huge toss up for my first "real" engine, as most of you know, I talked to Rob at Nitro House, he says the new Picco Jammin line is good stuff. He also stated that they are NOT re-badged p7evo or p3-.28.......It is a new design by Jay himself, made exclusively to Jay's specs, I am thinking about getting this or the new DPS.28, this Picco is only $20 more........honestly, what do you think about these two.....which would you buy? Plz dont mention engines out of my range, if I had $$$$$$$$$$$ it would be a Modded V-spec no doubt, but I am dirt floor poor Wink

Jammin Picco.28 - $199.99
Displacement: 4.50cc
Bore: 19.0mm
Stroke: 16.8mm
Practical RPM: 3,000 - 36,000 RPM
Power Output: 3.5 ps / 30,000 RPM
Weight: 350g
[Image: jamminpicco1.jpg]

OR

Dyanamite DPS.28 - $174.99 ( heard great things about this engine, the Weatherholts are on like 5 gall on their first one, and still running strong )
Displacement: 4.57cc
Bore: 18.50mm
Stroke: 17.00mm
RPM Range: 35,000
HP: 3.8
# of Ports: 7
Carb Type: 2 Needle with Inserts 7.5, 8.5, and 9mm
Crank Type: SG
[Image: DynamiteDPS.jpg]
I'd go with the jammin .28.

I have a regular picco .28, and its a bad ass motor. All the power I need, and its got 7 gallons on it still getting stuck TDC. The Jammin picco .28 can only be better.
SOLD: BCE Pro X1-CRT Truggy, Dace Predator/Unlimited Engineering towered VBS Supermaxx
Current: Nitro Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4, Nitro Traxxas Slash
are you running a p3.28? I have heard they run well, just a tad picky when it comes to holding a consistent tune, apparently that is something Jay addressed himself, along with some timing issues and crank tolerances, he was completely behind this new design from what I hear, Rob @ Nitro House knows his stuff, so I believe him when he says they are COMPLETELY new. The rumor is the Jammin.21 is a re-badged p7evo.21, and the Jammin.28 is a re-badged p3.28, not the case from what I hear, I think I may go with the Jammin, it just seems like a "wiser" investment then an SH based motor....as Mike stated in another topic, they run great, then they go BOOM! As you stated, Picco's run forever, and I can actually get support on this mill vs. the DPS. Any other opinions floating around out there? plz share, and ty for the advice Rob Wink
pwnzor Wrote:are you running a p3.28? I have heard they run well, just a tad picky when it comes to holding a consistent tune, apparently that is something Jay addressed himself, along with some timing issues and crank tolerances, he was completely behind this new design from what I hear, Rob @ Nitro House knows his stuff, so I believe him when he says they are COMPLETELY new. The rumor is the Jammin.21 is a re-badged p7evo.21, and the Jammin.28 is a re-badged p3.28, not the case from what I hear, I think I may go with the Jammin, it just seems like a "wiser" investment then an SH based motor....as Mike stated in another topic, they run great, then they go BOOM! As you stated, Picco's run forever, and I can actually get support on this mill vs. the DPS. Any other opinions floating around out there? plz share, and ty for the advice Rob Wink

If/When you get the jammin .28, take pics of the internals.

Heres the sleeve for the picco .28 p3

[Image: picco8.jpg]
[Image: picco9.jpg]
[Image: picco10.jpg]
[Image: picco7.jpg]

Then we'll be able to see if its a whole new design.

I haven't had a problem with tuning, except this motor really hates running rich.
SOLD: BCE Pro X1-CRT Truggy, Dace Predator/Unlimited Engineering towered VBS Supermaxx
ok.........will do Rob, what if it were the same? lmao
pwnzor Wrote:ok.........will do Rob, what if it were the same? lmao
It costs the same as the regular P3 picco .28, so its not like you got ripped off if they were the same.
RobH Wrote:It costs the same as the regular P3 picco .28, so its not like you got ripped off if they were the same.
true man, I am just hoping for a better engine since Jay designed it Wink
pwnzor Wrote:true man, I am just hoping for a better engine since Jay designed it Wink

It looks better with that cooling head Smile
yeah, it does, Im just hoping it is more efficient by cooling, what kind of run time do you get out of your .28? what pipe do you use with it? It says JP-2 or 3 is good pipe for engine, Im sure thats what Jay tested them with......I have a brand new JP-2 I will use Wink
pwnzor Wrote:yeah, it does, Im just hoping it is more efficient by cooling, what kind of run time do you get out of your .28? what pipe do you use with it? It says JP-2 or 3 is good pipe for engine, Im sure thats what Jay tested them with......I have a brand new JP-2 I will use Wink

more efficient by cooling? My motor runs at no higher than 220-230F on Platinum 30%, and around 200-210F on Werks 30%. I wouldn't want it to cool anymore, but it does seem like the Jammin head is a little larger.

I'm not sure exactly how much run time I get, but I was getting more than FreeRide w/ his picco .26 at the pizza party.

I use a JP-3.
oic.......thanks for the info Rob, I will be using Sidewinder 30% Wink
RobH Wrote:more efficient by cooling? My motor runs at no higher than 220-230F on Platinum 30%, and around 200-210F on Werks 30%. I wouldn't want it to cool anymore, but it does seem like the Jammin head is a little larger.

I'm not sure exactly how much run time I get, but I was getting more than FreeRide w/ his picco .26 at the pizza party.

I use a JP-3.

You can't really use that to compare. The thing was SUPER rich. I was contemplating putting a return fuel line on the stinger back into the tank. I was getting almost twice as much run time when I re-tuned it at the next practice. Iwould say that robs motor is on par fuel wise with just about all of the other .28 sized motors.
so roughly 8/9 minutes u think? or better, or worse?
Probably around there. No shorter for sure.... maybe a bit longer.
werks fuel man, dont even put that trinity in a new motor! lol just try it and u will be amazed. Im sure both those motors will be nearly identical with possibly a few excentricities here and there to make it a little better mill.
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
sidewinder is made by Morgan Fuels isnt it Mike? dude, send me a gallon of Werks, I would be glad to try it..........lol j/k....I cant get Werks locally, or I would try it Wink
id send u a gallon if i could lol, if you give them a call i bet they would be more than happy to send you a quart to try

does Horizon carry Werks Mike?
nobody does yet, thats why there is an availability problem. Leisure is going to start carrying it, al's does now

Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:nobody does yet, thats why there is an availability problem. Leisure is going to start carrying it, al's does now

Leisure is a negative. Scott couldn't get it cheap enough so he didn't, he said it would end up being $5-$10 more per gallon because of shipping costs alone.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
it says great planes is a distributor, im gonna look there Wink
Amain has cases for $115 shipped for 30%.......I will have my buddy go in on it with me half on it Wink
werk is really good fuel i ran it in my tmaxx and it was great
pwnzor Wrote:Amain has cases for $115 shipped for 30%.......I will have my buddy go in on it with me half on it Wink

Its $138.35 shipped.
So Rob you did order it. Haha.... what else did you get?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  picco .26Max Edward Rc 1 2,997 12-20-2009, 04:27 PM
Last Post: mikeh
  picco ft 26 Meatwad 8 2,601 03-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Tex
  Picco .27 t to the maxx2 3 1,782 05-14-2006, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Tex