Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grrr.....Not again!!!!
Today, I was bashing at the BMX track, sadly I got there way early and was bashing by myself. The track proved to be muddy and I didn't feel like fishing the car out of the mud if I flipped it.

So I mainly stayed in the big open grass field near the track. Just tooling around. Didn't even take any huge jumps. About an hour into bashing the engine started to idle high and sound lean, so I richened it up a bit, and it took a whole hell of a lot of richening before it sounded normal again. Power was down a bit, but not that bad and it still had plenty of umph. But it was drinking nitro like crazy.

Well, I had a family emergency so I left the bash early.

Just got home not too long ago and started tearing the car apart for cleaning.

I was undoing the enginemounts and the engine came out of the car no problem.....then the mount flopped off the engine with the mounting tab still attached....

SonovaB...................!!!

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/thirdgen89...nr-001.jpg
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/thirdgen89...nr-002.jpg

That explains the high, lean idle and missing power.

I don't know how this one happened. With the OS i figured cause I was jumping on concrete, but this blows my mind! I was just tooling around in a open field.

The engine was running fine for nearly an hour before the high idle and lean problems started up.

How's NR on warrenties? Is anyone selling a 2nd hand NR 528xr block?
what truck? see if you can find a 1pc engine mount for it.
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Chicago Local 281, protecting lives and property for over 100 years.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass, Fire sprinklers save your a$$
Wow, had a few people offer to sell spare engines.

Gotta say this though, I already have about 3 spare engines. Two Team Infinity .27's, and a Picco .27 8port so don't need spares.

Was looking for a used 528x block to drop the internals into.

But I'm actually going to try the warrenty route first, see if NR will do something for it. The engine has about a gallon on it, and has been running fine all week when I've gone out for tuning sessions. I didn't even do big jumps at the BMX track today, just tooling around in the big grass field near the top of the track.

Guess I'll be buying my next NR 528xr sooner than later, I was going to buy one for the buggy, but was putting it off, I guess I'll just buy it sooner and drop it in the buggy while I try and get the LSP's NR528xr warrentied.
Before sending it in, open it up and spray any crap that got in there through that hole out with some nitro motor spray, and clean up the outside alot too.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Wow....
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
oh my, that hurts...........bummer dude, gl with that warranty Wink
Jim Hottinger at Fusion Motorsports is fair with the warranty service but I can't tell you if that will be covered or not. To me it seems like the case was over heat treated at the factory or the motor was abused in some fashion.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Ive read of the lsp's breaking motor mounts like that before.... But with the stock cast mounts not the upgraded ones.

Send it in, as long as the head isnt beat the piss you should be covered...
I really don't know where this one came from. It wasn't running hot at all, plenty of smoke then suddenly it started acting really lean, high idle, overheating, stuff like that. So I shut it down, backed the high and low needles out a half turn and tried again, but no matter how rich I went it didn't run right.

I finally got it to idle and run right but power was down from what it used to have.

The funny thing is I've been testing and tuning all week long with it and its run fine every day. I'd usually go do 3 or 4 tanks of playing around the grassy area by my apartment complex. But after an hour out there it just started acting funny.

I didn't realise the block was cracked till I went to remove the engine from the car to clean the chassis and one of the mounts just fell off. It still has compression, but I hope it didn't screw the sleeve and piston up, I don't want to replace it so soon, its only had a little over a gallon on it. I will likely send it in through the hobby shop. The head has never taken a hard hit like that.

I was going to buy a 528 for the buggy, and probably will too.
528 in a buggy?!!!!!!!!!!!?????!?!?!?!?????????????????!??!?!????
hey man i know sh1nn3r on here has a brand new one he might part with for a good deal.

GS RACING, TQ FUEL, FASTLANE GRAPHIX, CZECH-IT-OUT
http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=143127

GS RACING, TQ FUEL, FASTLANE GRAPHIX, CZECH-IT-OUT
Well, the broken NR528xr is going in for warrenty tonight.

And I have another one in the mail for the Jammin buggy. Big Grin Confusedalute:
rocco79 Wrote:528 in a buggy?!!!!!!!!!!!?????!?!?!?!?????????????????!??!?!????
+1000000000000000000
dude are you nuts!!!!!! thats alot of engine for a lsp
way to much for a buggy
TEAM DENTTEK HACKING OUR WAY TO THE TOP!!!!!!

THE ANGRY PEAR IS BACK
He's a basher.... no such thing as too much. Haha
gear shredding power right there

ttt
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Thats fine by me! I want the power to nail ramps at insane speed. If I want less power for the day I'll put a smaller spacer in there. Smile

I still am not sure what I'll gear the buggy at, but I was running a 17t with the 30vg, I can probably run the 17t again. Need heavier shoes though to make it engage easier.
You could always use less than 100% throttle servo travel to limit power output. It's like the Valet Key on the old Corvette ZR1.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
I do that for my little cousins when they ask to drive one of my cars. Sometimes I pull out the slowest car and limit it to like 10mph. They still crash it.

"The only difference between Men and Boys is the price of their Toys."
Hey B ...I happen to have a 528 block that could use a new home ...hit me up on AIM and we can figure out a price ...

Hey ...who gets the deer ....me or the dog ?????

Torn
Drive it like ya stole it .....
Engine is already out for warrenty, so I'll not know whats going on for a while. I probably won't need a block.