Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water cooling for motors
Have any of you guys ever tried water cooling for your motor it seems like it would work i want to try it but iono if it will mess up your motor have any of you guys tried it.

Noto
[Image: whocares2.jpg]

j/k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You ain't gonna be my judge, cause my judge will judge us all one day. You do your thing, I'll do mine.....-MG

Cause it's songs about me, and who I am. Songs lovin and livin and good hearted women and family and God.....-TA

Son I am a RED WHITE and BLUE blood graduate of Honky Tonk U.....-TK
I wouldnt bother... Everything ive read is its too much of a hassle/weight issue and there is very little to gain from it. Just tune your motor right and let the head do its job
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
no im talking about like actual motor for electric cars i figured you guys had no idea what i was talking about. its like where you take like a towel or shammy and sew it into a cylinder so if fits around your motor then you put like water or rubbing alcohol on it and when you run your car the water evaporates off of the towel it works like a canteen. but iono if that will mess up the motor
water and electric cars? Doesnt sound good to me.
When I raced electric cars 10 years ago I made a custom aluminum motor heatsink/cooler that wrapped around the motor. It had a 3/4" x 3/4" x 1 1/8" box with a hinge that I packed with dry ice to cool the motor. It worked amazingly well and the dry ice simply evaporated leaving no mess at all. I'm totally surprised no one has mass produced it. Hmmm......
i was thinking since the motor gets really hot the water will just evaporate and not go into the motor.
a water soaked rag would act like an insulator
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
no but you know how a canteen works right lol (i learned about this in science) the water evaporates into a gas and since the gas has a higher energy it takes the heat and uses it as energy to turn into gas and since all the energy is gone from the motor it gone its cooler lol iono if that makes sense thats the best explanation i could do

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Breaking in motors and tuning Biodragen 9 1,886 01-10-2006, 04:43 PM
Last Post: destroy_my_revo_15
  megatech motors? Traxxas_Junkee 8 1,692 01-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Last Post: RCDad
  Water/Mud proofing the Revo FreeRideFrosty 36 4,262 11-16-2005, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Tex
  Quick! How Do I use "Red Devil Lye" to de-ano parts? (like powder:water) Ponch 5 1,327 10-22-2005, 07:22 PM
Last Post: rocco79
  Replacement motors DO-U-MAXX 16 4,445 07-20-2004, 01:45 PM
Last Post: DO-U-MAXX