Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Some Guidance....
Allright.... so the racing bug bit me again, and I am going to try and not be too stupid about getting out this time. I picked up a Hyper 7 for a pretty good deal but realize that if I am going to get back into racing I will need a more current RC.

Now... I am thinking of going back to truggy. I think that was the most fun class for me and probably the best all around RC since I will want to bash a bit every now and then.

If I sell the Hyper 7 for roughly what I got it for I will have $450-$550 to work with. I probably will not need a radio, but probably servos, motor, pipe, etc. What is my best option (New or Used) to get into a raceable truggy. I would also like some buggy options as there is a possibility of me staying with that class.

Thanks in advance,
Dan

And PM me if you are interested in the Hyper 7. Thank you.
I am only suggesting this because it will most likely come in a RTR form, not because I have the buggy.

The 8ight T will be out within a couple months and will more than likely come in a rtr form. Even if it is not, I think I remember reading that they are going to come prebuilt.
Mugen 5T Big Grin
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
well for a truggy i would say get the ST1 best package u can get for the money just dump the motor and electronics and put in ur own, u can get 150$ back for that stuff. If you are getting into buggy, go with an X5R off ebay if u get one with no motor pick up a VG or a B3 and ur set
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Casketman Wrote:Mugen 5T Big Grin

But how much would it run me to get it RTR. I would need a starter box also. Anyone know of anyone selling one off?
UE-Maxx Wrote:I am only suggesting this because it will most likely come in a RTR form, not because I have the buggy.

The 8ight T will be out within a couple months and will more than likely come in a rtr form. Even if it is not, I think I remember reading that they are going to come prebuilt.
They will be pre built, but not rtr. not as of yet anyway.
Release date is set for feb 18.
[url][/url]

IN GOD WE TRUST, ALL OTHERS MUST PAY.
Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:well for a truggy i would say get the ST1 best package u can get for the money just dump the motor and electronics and put in ur own, u can get 150$ back for that stuff. If you are getting into buggy, go with an X5R off ebay if u get one with no motor pick up a VG or a B3 and ur set

All TTR chit aside..... how competative is that truggy when compared to the Jammins, Kyoshos, and Mugens? How would it compare to a well setup LSP?

Thanks Mike.
Well make has a point. The ST-1 is a good place to start. But I am sure you can find plenty of other trucks like a CRT on the bay. Maybe even mugens on there too. A brand new 5T would be $400ish for the stock truck alone.
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
Plus getting some track time with the trucks your interested in will help. Try that,see if that will narrow it down some.
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
The ST1 is a really competetive truck, i have done better with it outdoor but this is my first season indoor with it. the truck doesnt break its solid, i have yet to replace a thing on mine that has broke and i started running it in june.

Psssssssssst.... Pimped Lsp that will keep you in the thick of things and is almost RTR...
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
ya might as well buy roccos turd hes got about 4 grand into it and will give it to u at 90% off LOL

Thats a very sad truth! LoL!!!!
No one runs them.... so I might as well. LoL I think it would probably be my best option.
How much you want for that thing rocco?
Mugen MBX5T Prospec
RB C6bb/O.S. Speed
Hitec 5955
Futaba s9351
Jr Z-1
http://www.frontlinetec.com

Soo easy a cave man can drive it Mooooooooooogen
FreeRideFrosty Wrote:No one runs them.... so I might as well. LoL I think it would probably be my best option.

Lance still runs his LSP outdoor and beats nearly everyone with it so they can't be that bad.
Interested in a ST-R ?? Pm me
I have a Kyosho Inferno ST US that is in roller form and I am trying to sell it. I have it on Ebay, but I would sell it to you for $215 if interested. Best thing is, you can upgrade it to ST-R status as you go if you want to go that direction.
Matt Fanke
Shes calling your name dan...
[Image: LSP015.jpg]
Servos, Wing, Body?
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
No, Yes, Yes....
that thing is nice roc...bce chassis=pimp.

GS RACING, TQ FUEL, FASTLANE GRAPHIX, CZECH-IT-OUT
Thanks ! Think i have enough sh!t for it?
[Image: LSP014.jpg]
damn!
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
lance beats everyone with his lsp huh?

Possibly Related Threads…