Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
safe to drive?
Realisticly how safe is it to drive these nitro cars outside when it's cold as hell? I really like to get a tank in here and there. I know the engine has to be warmed but when you go outside it's darn 30 degrees. lol
LOVE AMERICA OR GET THE HELL OUT!
www.Suburbanchicagorockcrawlers.com
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
rc crawling headquarters and great customer support!
Doesn't hurt them. It might be easier to start if you heat the block up, and try to keep it dry. You will have to richen it a little bit to keep the temps down though.
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
Just avoid curbs, and keep out of snow unless everything is waterproof. Make sure the engine gets up to temp even if that means putting a sock or alu. foil around the head.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
if it's colder out wouldn't you lean it out a little cause the coldness will make it run cooler?
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
Nope, more dense air will make it run leaner. More+less fuel= hotter temps. I thought the same thing when I first ran my stuff in the cold.
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
hmm learned something new
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
Traxxas_Junkee Wrote:Nope, more dense air will make it run leaner. More+less fuel= hotter temps. I thought the same thing when I first ran my stuff in the cold.

not allways, when i ran my traxxas motors i had to richen it, but with my RB when it gets colder out i have to lean it out more.....so it depends on motor i guess
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
no it depends on the air its in and the air it was tuned in before hand. generallly speaking u should have to richen it and ur motors should run like 20-30 degrees cooler with the same amount of power. Cold air is usually drier aka less humidity which means more air so more fuel. like TJ said
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
yeah thats what i thought it was, but how come as the weather gets colder I have to lean my motor then??
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
Colder = Richer no matter what. Here is where temps get decieving because it may be so cold the head just doesn't heat up, even if the motor is starving for fuel.
ok so I just need to watch my smoke then right? It's a new os 18 so I really don't want to ruin it with about half a gallon on it lol
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
colder doesnt always mean richer dan, reread what I just posted. you dont want your motor to run at 260 outdoor then 260 indoor when its 80* colder it will be starving for fuel. tune for smoke and power not temps
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
I think you repeated what we both said....
If you do run it in that cool of temperatures, it may not run right when the temps do warm back up. I keep a winter and summer engine on hand for my trucks. My savage and mammoth will both probably be shelved for the winter since I don't feel like putting in a weak OS 21 RG just for snow. But, my revo will see some snow since I have the original 2.5R that still runs just fine. I ran the 18TM in the warmer months.

Although, I am thinking about getting a new era BB kit to install one of my extra OS 21RG's. But if I remember correctly, I had a harder time keeping the BB engines tuned last year than my SB engines. The smaller head/engine has less surface area so the temps stay more consistent. At least that's how it seemed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  looking for a front drive shaft assem for a mbx5 eraser 17 4,126 11-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  chain drive??? BottledBeast 29 5,433 07-13-2006, 08:12 AM
Last Post: salsaking