Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you personally think of Tamiyas?
I'm somewhat new to the upscale RC world but I was curious about how Tamiyas' are out in the world? What are they pros and cons? stuff like... share your knowledge! Smile Cool
cool cars. Tamiya is good.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
I really considered getting a TNX before getting my Revo, but no LHS seem to carry parts for Tamiya. That was my biggest concern as far as Tamiya goes. I also feel like Tamiya should be supporting the TNX a little better as far as factory aftermarket parts go, but I guess you need to sell a lot of trucks to justify that expense. I still might pick up a TNX if the price is right just for the fact that it looks cool and seem to hold thier own against the current MT's on the market.
hey 5.0, you see that new race version they have out of the TNX?
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Yeah I have seen it Tex. They are calling it the TNX pro which is a stock TNX that includes some Proline goodies in the box to make it a better racer. I believe they include Velocity rims, Bowties, Power stroke shocks with the lower threads eliminated to fit the TNX and a Tamiya blue cooling head. It might be worth the extra $$ for the pro, but getting parts is still a special order thing with Al's and Venture.
Leisure has the TNX, and I think they have a decent parts selection.
I like some of Tamiya's stuff. I have the Juggernaut and an original Blackfoot. I have to give them credit for making some of the best detailed cars and trucks that I have seen. One thing that I don't like is all the warning labels, like this part is really hot, or moving parts don't put finger in here. I would like to think that the people buying these kits already know that.
"It tastes like burning"
If you are talking about TC, Tamiya is right up there. The only problem is the price but then again, you get what you paid for.
Tamiya is very good. Very well known and respected company throughout the world. They make all sorts of stuff.
________
Zoloft Settlement News
Tamiya Touring cars are awesome....

Look at all the major races on asphault like Reedy, IFMAR Worlds, ect...Shoot checkout Tinley just about ever race weekend. Tongue
Anthony_ISLA