Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
track going up in huntley
there is a new track that is going up in huntley off of kruetzer road. this would be between 47 and huntley rd. they were talking of making an indoor track also but have yet to hear what they are going to run yet. i know the guy is really gung ho about getting this track in great condition. he also said that he would like to make it as good or better than leisure. i am not sure if that will be possible but will have to see.
XRAY XB8 moved by [COLOR="DarkOrange"]RB[/COLOR]

:joy:

B Main Hobbies
cool!!!
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Got an address to mapquest?
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
no i don't have an addy to the place. huntley is not all that big though so if you were to mapquest huntley it would give you an idea of how long it would take you to get there.

B Main Hobbies
Is it a non-profit track? Are they going to use those damned hoops? LOL!!!!!!
here we go again
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
I think its just his sense of humor mike... But i do have to ask ... What do you mean non for profit? Like is this guy gonna build a quality facility and then not charge?!
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
Yes Rocco is right, it was just a joke not a jab.

By Non-Profit I mean "club" like Dirt Dawgs, Nitrofarm, Thunder RC, River City Raceway, Dirt Burners or Rockpile. While technically "Non-Profit club" tracks, some on public park property, they can be more successful than actual businesses. The deciding factor seems to be a strong local base of "members".
I see what you mean. Thank you for explaining.
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
sounds good, hopefully they can pull off a track as good as LHR
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
yea i agree ^^^^ it'll be pretty hard to beat leisures.
GOD BLESS YOU JOEConfusedalute:
nice and close for me!!!
RACING......because football, baseball, bowling, & golf only require ONE BALL
Property value is pretty high out there! Especially with all the expansion. I can't imagine someone being able to open a track on a piece of land, and it last very long. In a year or 2 he will be offered an amount he can't refuse to build something else on the land he is occupying!

I live in Naperville, and think all the time, man, I wish there was some land I could buy to build my own local track. And sure, there is land available around here, but just to pay the property taxes for the place, I would have to charge $40 a person to race! And that still wouldn't cover them and all my other overhead! And even if I could afford it, I woudl bet a few years down the road someone would want to by that land to develope something. And I bet the offer would be way more than i would be making running the track!

So I would imagine if it is opened as a business, it will be difficult to make it! And if it does, it won't last too long. That's why most of these tracks are out in the boon docks! Wasn't there one in DeKalb? Now it's goine I think, I don't know why, but with the developement out there, I bet it was getting too expensive to run the place!
E-REVO [COLOR="Gray"]Brushless[/COLOR]
Orange / Gold + 50 wt.
Aluminum Pushrods [COLOR="Black"]/ Turnbuckles[/COLOR]
[COLOR="DimGray"]Liquid FX[/COLOR] Airbrushed Body
http://www.liquidfxairbrushing.com
i really don't know his intentions as far as business or non-profit. it is all in the making right now but will keep everyone informed as i learn more.

B Main Hobbies
good info Tim... keep us up to date
TEAM DENTTEK HACKING OUR WAY TO THE TOP!!!!!!

THE ANGRY PEAR IS BACK
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?for...mbiguity=1

Here's a link to Kreutzer road in Huntley. The building is right off Dundee road on the left hand side. I was going to stop a talk with the guy a little this week. Nothing really going on right now, but I will find out and keep everyone up to date.
its about 5 min from my house
RACING......because football, baseball, bowling, & golf only require ONE BALL
Yeah, I'm about two minutes down the road. Should know a little more this week.
That would be really great. I would actually be able to get to that track. LH is just to dang far to be realistic for me.
[COLOR="Silver"][SIZE="1"]Silent... But Deadly[/COLOR][/SIZE]
damn thats about 1 hour and 5 minutes from my house
[/SIZE]
I have been considering re-entering RC. The fact that tracks are now 2 hours from me instead of 1 hour is a big damper on the idea. This Huntley track would be good. Otherwise, I was going to have to build one of my own. Who is the guy building it?
Before Leisure had an outdoor track, I drove 2 hours minimum, one way every weekend to race. If you want to run your car or truck you'll drive to a track.
Or, I was thinking of just putting one here: (hoping a picture posts here)...

Attached Files
.jpg   backyardSmallest.JPG (Size: 90.76 KB / Downloads: 59)
it is over an hour for me to get to LH, one way.....worth every minute of the drive.

GS RACING, TQ FUEL, FASTLANE GRAPHIX, CZECH-IT-OUT
yeah takes me 40 mintues to go to the track, but its definately worth the gas money.( which i dont pay for....hehehe)
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Village RC Track mikev 13 16,157 07-29-2013, 06:17 AM
Last Post: SHYCAGO
  Track Directory of Active Tracks??? mighty_EE 7 9,770 05-28-2012, 07:41 PM
Last Post: FastCompanyRCAutocross
  New track up in Griffith Indiana rcguy8038 8 6,877 01-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Last Post: rcguy8038
  Noobie looking for dirt track/bashing Z2_Cantilever 5 5,811 10-29-2010, 06:16 PM
Last Post: firesprink281
  New Rc Track Round Lake Beach zr2berger 0 3,226 11-13-2009, 10:09 PM
Last Post: zr2berger
  Introducing " The Scrap Yard " 1/5 scale track IN looker2756 7 9,331 10-24-2009, 06:41 PM
Last Post: looker2756
  carpet track near Strickly rc??? Jetboat 6 7,116 08-21-2009, 10:45 PM
Last Post: Krosenqu
  New INDOOR RC TRACK in Elgin, IL DjSnugs 74 25,039 05-14-2009, 07:08 AM
Last Post: RaCeRx26
  Strictly RC Norridge IL - New Track chicagokenji 10 4,478 04-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  Track in Bartlett???? pitgirl 11 4,307 04-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Last Post: pitgirl