Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RC Track in Elgin?
I've heard the word that Elgin is tired of RC's running on the dirt bike track, so they might be building a RC track.

Anyone else heard this? If so, Hell YEAH! If not, shame on them for getting my hopes up.
That would be cool
I was talking to a few guys at Al's and they said that they heard it also......
I'd support it!
Confusedalute: Supermaxx-Emaxx w/RacerX Suspension, Gen-IV servo saver, Supershocks, UE Ti Center shafts, 6mm UE CVD's, GA Bulks & Diffs, FLM extended chassis & braces, FLM Diff cups, FLM Transcase, HSR Slipper, NEU BL Motor, MM ESC, and More.REVO 3.3 w/mild mods,[/B], a 570HP Procharged and Intercooled '92 Mustang GT. Visit http://www.rcbros.com Visit http://www.RC-Monster.com

:racing:
I'm live out towards Elgin, but haven't heard anything. I may just have to look into that.
Looks like there was some interest back a year or so ago from some searches on google. I will make a few calls this weekend and see what comes up.
I've been to the BMX track a few times... I don't know what they are complaining about. Whenever I go, there isn't anyone there and the track was no more or less bad from when I went in April then went in September. The same ruts, rocks... I don't know what they consider "maintenance", but the truck looked pretty much identical as it did when I went last year.

After 4 hours of bashing my revo, savage and mammoth there, you couldn't even tell I was there, aside from my foot prints.

It's a fun place to go...
I agree. I've been there several times with my REVO3.3 and only one time was a BMX'er there. I got out od his way before he rode by and we never had any issues. He even stopped to check out the REVO and ask some questions. No problems at all and the track looked no different after I left than before I arrived!

I would welcome an RC track in Elgin though. Bashing and big jumps are fun but I also really like making laps and dialing in my truck and my driving skills.

The jumps are big enough at "the hill" to get some serious air (and suffer soeme major carnage with a bad landing!) so it's fun but I'd rather spend my time on a track.
Confusedalute: Supermaxx-Emaxx w/RacerX Suspension, Gen-IV servo saver, Supershocks, UE Ti Center shafts, 6mm UE CVD's, GA Bulks & Diffs, FLM extended chassis & braces, FLM Diff cups, FLM Transcase, HSR Slipper, NEU BL Motor, MM ESC, and More.REVO 3.3 w/mild mods,[/B], a 570HP Procharged and Intercooled '92 Mustang GT. Visit http://www.rcbros.com Visit http://www.RC-Monster.com

:racing:
Hmmm...might have to hit that track up, its not that far away.
where is this bmx track located at? i would love to go there next year.
XRAY XB8 moved by [COLOR="DarkOrange"]RB[/COLOR]

:joy:

B Main Hobbies
off mclean behind the fire house south of rt20. you have to go all the way arround the park, to the other side. there is signs telling you where to go
RACING......because football, baseball, bowling, & golf only require ONE BALL
will definetly go there a couple times next year. sounds like it would be a lot of fun.
XRAY XB8 moved by [COLOR="DarkOrange"]RB[/COLOR]

:joy:

B Main Hobbies
The track is pretty cool, I bashed my savy there before I let her go, i will also check into the track being built there, i have a few trump cards with some of the city officials, wink, wink!!
yeah dude i hope they make a track over there cause my dads house is in hanover park

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Village RC Track mikev 13 16,117 07-29-2013, 06:17 AM
Last Post: SHYCAGO
  Track Directory of Active Tracks??? mighty_EE 7 9,740 05-28-2012, 07:41 PM
Last Post: FastCompanyRCAutocross
  New track up in Griffith Indiana rcguy8038 8 6,843 01-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Last Post: rcguy8038
  Noobie looking for dirt track/bashing Z2_Cantilever 5 5,788 10-29-2010, 06:16 PM
Last Post: firesprink281
  New Rc Track Round Lake Beach zr2berger 0 3,218 11-13-2009, 10:09 PM
Last Post: zr2berger
  Introducing " The Scrap Yard " 1/5 scale track IN looker2756 7 9,313 10-24-2009, 06:41 PM
Last Post: looker2756
  carpet track near Strickly rc??? Jetboat 6 7,099 08-21-2009, 10:45 PM
Last Post: Krosenqu
  New INDOOR RC TRACK in Elgin, IL DjSnugs 74 24,925 05-14-2009, 07:08 AM
Last Post: RaCeRx26
  Strictly RC Norridge IL - New Track chicagokenji 10 4,448 04-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  Track in Bartlett???? pitgirl 11 4,282 04-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Last Post: pitgirl