Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to drive a crawler around here
All i have right now is a almost stock traxxas revo and i wanted to build a crawler, but i don't know what to get, and i really don't know anyplace i could go with it around here. Anyone know any good crawling spots in the Arlington Heights vicinity?
Garage:
8ight w/ OS 30VG and JP-3
Revo 3.3 with OS 18TM
I'm not sure about a place, but welcome aboard!
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
ok, so you don't know the place, but what kind of truck and what brand should i get? Any crawlers in this forum?
Garage:
8ight w/ OS 30VG and JP-3
Revo 3.3 with OS 18TM
There not many crawlers on here. Mnster is a member that comes to mind but I think he's NW in Byron. At least he should have an opinion on which truck. Sorry, I dont know much about them.

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio
Nitro trucks aren't the best crawlers out there. They don't have the instant torque capability like the electric stuff has.
TXT or Clod Axles is the basic starting point I've seen people use. Then either make your own chassis or buy a pre-fab'd one off of somebody.

If you haven't yet, check out http://www.rccrawler.com
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
When I wanted to get into crawling, I looked them up and fell over from the sticker shock! You can spend 300 to 1000 on one, even used! So I went to Wal*Mart and got myself a Nylint crawler, and had a lot of fun with it for a few days.
Then I got completely BORED! It was so slow! Sure it could crawl, but we dont live in the Rockys. Now it sits in my basement. Boy was I glad I did not drop 500 bucks on a toy I would be bored with in a week!

I am not saying crawling is boring! I am just saying it definately is not for me, and I was glad I didn't spend a lot to find out.

If you want my Nylint, it has a brand new battery, 1/6 scale, perfect shape in the box, for 50 bucks.
You're never to old to be immature
Yeah, I'm not much into racing just crawlers.Big Grin

TLT kits are currently the best way to get into pro grade crawling. Many chassis kits are out to allow better performance. The TLT's are smaller then Clods making it easier to find challenging terrain.

I'm not real familiar with the Chicago area so I don't know of many places near you. There is not many places around me either. I usually drive out of state to get to a really good area on the weekends. Going to try and start a comp series next year, we currently have 5 locals from Rockford. You may have seen us at the expo.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthrea...hobby+expo

Here is my website
http://www.MWRCA.net

This is the website you need.
http://www.RcCrawler.com
dude the only place i find are rock piles inthe woods by beck lake or other forest pers. so if you get one let me know we need some thing around here to do
I managed to find a decent wheeling area between home and work, so just look around. It works well for crawling as well as general rc off roading.

Here's the cell phone pics of where I've been going with the WK
[Image: BashingGrounds1.jpg][Image: BashingGrounds2.jpg][Image: BashingGrounds5.jpg]
[Image: BashingGrounds6.jpg] [Image: BashingGrounds4.jpg][Image: BashingGrounds3.jpg]
and here's some pics of it out there
[Image: WKFlexing3.jpg][Image: WKFlexing2.jpg][Image: WKFlexing1.jpg]
[Image: BWWK10.jpg][Image: ClimbingatSundown.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where is the best (safest) place to drive R/C in Chicago? starguard 11 4,044 07-27-2008, 10:05 PM
Last Post: maxximum_44
  Project Tlt crawler (general lee lol) Chuck Norris 14 2,493 01-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Chuck Norris
  Clod Crawler Jeepguy 1 958 01-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Chuck Norris
  Clod Rock Crawler Jeepguy 3 1,482 02-08-2006, 05:00 AM
Last Post: Jeepguy
  MR.Tune's Crawler in RCCA snakebite46 18 3,228 01-05-2005, 11:21 PM
Last Post: ATA_Thrash
  new crawler tires Tex 1 1,542 11-01-2004, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Mnster