Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hooray! Hop-up's for the Jammin CRT.
Thanks to a few people on the boards and Amain for having the parts around.

Sold my 1st 1/8th scale buggy to pay for the parts on the truggy.

Picking up a few things for down the road.
Dace rear skid plate
Khz front/rear braces
Z-brace
CVD's for the rear
CNC toe plates in 2.5*.
spare parts.
BCE chassis and Z-brace courtesy of Cemeb4dk.Big Grin

Anything else to add to toughen up the truck to some severe bashing abuse? Going to a Monster Jam in january with RCMX and we'll be running with the real Monster trucks in the stadium so there will be some big, sick air and even greater chances for mass destruction. So little tips/tricks/upgrades are very welcome.
Three words; Tony's Screw Kit.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
I just head over to McMaster Carr's website and place a will call order when I need screws. Its probably where Tony gets his stuff from. Smile

Talking like $10 for 100 m3 screws, so you spend a total of $15 and you've got a lifetime supply of them. Bash away to your hearts content knowing you'll always have whats needed inthe tool box. Confusedmash:

Still, a good thing to have.
http://www.mcmaster.com/

http://www.mcmaster.com/nav/framework.as...A122&t8=PN
M3 stainless steel 318 screws in 20mm lenth, $7.80 for a pack of 100. They are located pretty close buy so I can just pick them up. Smile
You got most covered... Just for added security if your going to be bashing and big air. I would go twith the cnc upper and lower b blocks. Not sure if your rtr has the cnc lower one.
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
stainless steel screws blow
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
the crt stock screws are fine.. I have had no uncommon problems with them
cemeb4dk Wrote:You got most covered... Just for added security if your going to be bashing and big air. I would go twith the cnc upper and lower b blocks. Not sure if your rtr has the cnc lower one.

I'm pretty sure most people here have seen the shit I manage to break, but I run plastic upper blocks, and have yet to even crack one.
SOLD: BCE Pro X1-CRT Truggy, Dace Predator/Unlimited Engineering towered VBS Supermaxx
Current: Nitro Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4, Nitro Traxxas Slash
Tony's screws are nice, but for the same price I can do a bulk order at McMaster and get like 10* as much.

The Stainless are fine. Good grade steel.
stainless is to soft IMHO

Look at those cheap rc screwz they just strip if you look at em
cemeb4dk Wrote:stainless is to soft IMHO

Look at those cheap rc screwz they just strip if you look at em

I wish I could find a girl like that.
[Image: mich1iy1.jpg]
RobH Wrote:I'm pretty sure most people here have seen the shit I manage to break, but I run plastic upper blocks, and have yet to even crack one.

I understand that, alot of hop ups are not necessary but are more like insurance. Especially if someone is going to a monster jam event and getting some major air
Mich you need to go to Jimmy's right by your house,. Good times there.... My Bachelor party ended up there at some point
dont you have to be 21 to get in?
back on topic... ( i dont know)
I've never hard a stainless steel screw strip out when using a good driver. I've had problems with crapy drivers stripping screws, but as soon as i bought a good driver had no problems.

For me they work great and I can get them by the bucket load. I've have yet to bend a screw or strip them. You can pay the premium but I don't see a need to really.
stainless are garbage. Good drivers or not they will strip easy. There fine for a 1 or 2 time use but after that they turn to butter and just randomly strip at will. Never go stainless for rc screws. Worst idea everrrr.
Like i said, I've never had one strip on me Through out this entire year on any of my cars I've never had a stainless screw strip when using a good driver.

So, you can tell me they are soft and strip easy, but I've never had problems with them and I'm not gonna switch till I start stripping stuff every time I have to tear the truck apart. If it hasn't happened in a year on the stainless I don't think I'm going to have problems just start appearing with them.
http://www.hexcrews.com/HexHeadsAP-FactSheet.htm

Read here why stainless screws suck ass!
Thats all wondeful and everything but like i said, I can't justify spending the money on something I've never had problems with. So no-one on this board can change my mind about that. I see no reason to move away from them when I don't have problems with stainless steel.

I'm not saying that the Tony's kit isn't made of a better material, its just that I've never had problems with Stainless so I see no reason to pay the premium on it.
dude were just trying to help you from experience. I guess you wanna learn the hard way so good luck. And its a fact that there isnt a stronger screw then what tony gives ya.
ok, just tellin you if your tryin to hop it up and bullet proof for big air stainless isnt the way too go. But hey whatever dude
And I'm not arguing that Stainless is the strongest out there, its just I don't have problems with it at all so why bother to change it. Why pay twice as much when I don't even strip or break them.

I'm not discounting your opinions, or that the Tony's screws are a better grade, but I'm not stripping or breaking them so there's no need for me to pay the premium. It just isn't nessesary.

You can argue your points all you want, but in the end its my choice to listen to them. And I don't see a need for them.
jeez man... Fine!
thats fine, I can respect that. Just trying to steer you in the right direction but since you dont want to listen then you can learn the hardway. Good luck with em.
plastic screws rule.... LOL

Just do what works for you...... I would look into the upper and lower blocks for added secrity and some aluminum rear hubs... The KHZ are a little cheaper than the jammin ones and are just as good if not better

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  setup help needed (Jammin) 1armed1 7 2,873 02-28-2007, 01:04 AM
Last Post: 1armed1