Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone planning on racing electric this winter?
Im planning on dusting off my T4 hit the track on sat nights. Id like to run brushless w/ a lipo battery.I'l have to wait and see if there will be a class for it. :racing:
Yes brushless I think is going to be the hot ticket this year. I may dust off my t4 also
What's a good electric offroad class for someone just starting to race? Any suggestions on either a buggy or stadium truck, 2wd 4wd etc... I wouldn't mind going to the indoor track this winter, but I currently don't own any "race" type electrics (mini-t & Emaxx) and the electric indoor dates appear to be a better fit into my weekend schedule vs the nitro dates. Also, I'm not looking to spend big $$, so the brushless/lipo route probably isn't for me at this point. Any good RTR's on the market or is everything good in a kit form?
Heck, I think a 1:18 class would be a blast! Slow and steady wins the race, right! 5 minutes qualifiers would be like 3 laps for my Mini T, but it would still be fun!
when the track was in crest hill bernie and myself had are minit's going faster than the 19 turn trucks
Leisure hours last year ran 19 turn truck and a Mod class. 19 turn truck is the most popular. Mod is where u would run a buggy or truck against people with faster and more expensive motors, generally around 12 turn. A stock motor is around 27 turns. Consider this if looking at rtr's and try to get a motor size to suit the racing u want to do. The associated or losi both have nice trucks. the associated is the most popular at leisure.
Right now I'm looking at the Associated T4RS as my first choice.
Git-R-Done and start racing the "novice" class. Once that becomes easy for you...sell your truck and move into a FT ride and run 19T. After that move to mod.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
FT?? All I can think is Factory Team.
Blown5.0 Wrote:FT?? All I can think is Factory Team.
Yep Smile
That race spec looks good for the money Blown. U can alway upgrade it L8r if u want to. Its definatly better than the previous rtr motor and ESC
Bernie , is there gonna be a novice class this year for either electric or nitro , i wanna get Kayla on the track , she wants to race .
Tex you race elec too dude. I'm coming out sat night in the future after I dust off my T4. Probably run 19 turn since thats all i have. hope to bring another little dude to race novice. He's never raced and is dyin to get his losi out that i gave him last year for xmas.
RC HOBBIES
1550 n. rt.59 suite 170
Naperville,Il.60563
I might be interested in running a 19 or mod class. heck even stock. I know i'd never win or anything shoot I'd be runnin a supped rusty lol
LOVE AMERICA OR GET THE HELL OUT!
www.Suburbanchicagorockcrawlers.com
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
rc crawling headquarters and great customer support!
I was thinking about runnin a Drake and a T4 FT, getting out of the revo all together. Not sure though, I may run a truggy, the new Mugen looks good Smile
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
So what Tex you would get out of gas all together then?
"I'm always amazed to hear of air crash victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?"
naw I would have a Drake Smile 1/10 GT and a T4
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Forget the Drake man go with the GT2
"I'm always amazed to hear of air crash victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?"
tex, kevin and eddys mugen's look dialed. all you dude, you should tell santa...

GS RACING, TQ FUEL, FASTLANE GRAPHIX, CZECH-IT-OUT
parts are interchangeable with the T4 and GT2 and the GT2 is cheaper by almost like 70 bucks
yeah but I'd be getting this one used as a package deal, motor, servos, tires, bump box.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
I vote u get the T4 Ad2 deal! Smile
Brushless motor and li-poly batterys are the future of electric rc racing. The ability to run a 20 min main is just awsome. Bernies planning on running like a 10 minute main for the brushless class. that would give a driver time to come back from a mistake or getting taken out. Im looking at getting the novak 4300 and super sport for $160 even though theycall it stock it runs about like a 19 turn then add a lipo battery and it accelerates probly 1/3 faster. Sounds good to me.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti...XGDP6&P=ML
i'll go with my mini-t lol
GOD BLESS YOU JOEConfusedalute:
ok yea you guys have stuff I've never even heard of lol I probably wouldn't race it would be just ridicoulous to get lapped like 10 times or something. With all that high stuff people have my rustler wouldn't even be fun anymore lol
LOVE AMERICA OR GET THE HELL OUT!
www.Suburbanchicagorockcrawlers.com
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
rc crawling headquarters and great customer support!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1/5th scale racing.... moliver 4 4,241 12-08-2008, 08:23 AM
Last Post: J-Dub
  Wednesday night racing bubbacola 0 3,016 11-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Last Post: bubbacola
  1/8 electric on electric night cheesecake 4 4,242 10-26-2008, 07:21 PM
Last Post: cheesecake
  Nitro conversion, Nitro or electric? PedeBasher8507 22 12,733 10-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Evil3
  Looking for info on electric classes AddictedtoNITRO 23 10,530 09-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Last Post: chris arnold
  Racing Wednesday 6/11/08 Tex 7 5,035 06-18-2008, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Tex
  Wednesday Night Racing golferdude1971 2 2,415 04-03-2008, 06:35 AM
Last Post: motoxer4life
  Mini Truggy and 1/10th gas truck Racing Wed. 3-12-08 Rob Kass 4 2,388 03-19-2008, 09:28 PM
Last Post: motoxer4life
  Mini Truggy Racing Wed. Rob Kass 11 4,334 03-14-2008, 10:15 AM
Last Post: J-Dub
  Who is racing tomorrow 3-4-08 JoeRocket33 5 2,507 03-05-2008, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Rob Kass