Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sh.28 (que the playing of taps)
I HAD (key word) My sh.28 in hb stadium pro till the other night at lh. I was runnin it around just practicing . The sh was just makin that truggy SCREAM!!!!! I brought it in to re-fuel and i temp gunned her. She was runnin a nice 210 - 225 f.!!! Ohhhh yeah no bog, lotsa smoke tons of power!!! Looked good.... Well the receiver pack was going so i was done for the evening so i sucked out the fuel that was left and restarted it to run what was left outta the motor( somthing i never do and shoulda kept it that way)... I plopped it down and the track for resistance(never wound it up into the rpms high ethier) and blipped the throttle to run the fuel outta the line. thats when it just quit waaaaay to abruptly for just being outta fuel....Hmmm? thats werid i thought, maybe the plug took a dump. Thats when i picked her up and put her on the pit table and i noticed it would only roll freely forwards and backwards a few inchs.... Yup, you gussed it, the con rod let go Sad :confused: This motor was just getting to the sweet spot too (the 1 1/2 to 2 gallons of fuel mark) Needless to say i pretty sad. I broke the motor in nice and easy when it was still warm out, never ran her lean.... Oh well.
I called hobby people and told them what happened. They told me to send it in and they'll look at it. The guy on the phone said he hadnt heard of too many sh.28's blown con rods. Ive heard hobby peolpe treats ya well so will see what they say. This happen to any of you guys!?!??!!? I treated this motor really well. Its always been in light weight truggies. I guess its time to drop a 24/7 pro in the PRO!!!!
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
So Roc, what's the news on your motor? Have you heard anything from Hobby People yet?
"It tastes like burning"
Dude, that sucks. What are the chances you'll get a free replacement motor?
Havent heard anything yet... I sent if off friday, and its like 5 days shipping to cali. So im sure once they get it they'll let me know what they're gonna do (fingers crossed Cool )
This just in !!!! I got an email saying that hobbypeople ups'ed me a brand new sh.28!!!!!!!!!!!!! Helllll Yeah!!!!!!!!! Never a question asked they just replaced it!!! Awesome customer service!!!!!
Beautifull. Don't break it this time!!
I'll give you 25 bucks for it!!!!
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
make it 26!
Mr. Tune Wrote:Beautifull. Don't break it this time!!
Ill try not too
thats a good deal roc. see every now and then things can go your way! haha
"It tastes like burning"
Hell yeah buddy!!!! I guess things work out somtimes!!!!
Glad to hear it worked out for you Roc. Now just take your time and break it in right and it will last a LONG time.
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
I plan on it bud! Thanks for the kind words!
Now the real question are you going to run the fuel out and oil the engine at the end of the day???
That's what he was doing last time, running the gas out and the conrod snapped.

Good deal on getting a new one bud!
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
MaxxGS Wrote:Now the real question are you going to run the fuel out and oil the engine at the end of the day???
Maybe if it were a nova rossi or a rb motor. I'll never stray from whats worked for me in the past again!! I might squirt alittle wd 40 in there itf its gonna sit for a lonnnnnnnnng time but thats it!
Tex Wrote:That's what he was doing last time, running the gas out and the conrod snapped.

Good deal on getting a new one bud!
Thanks tex! Im glad this worked out!!
I don't use after run oil.....ever

If your run your cars once a week or so ARO in not needed, it's takes longer than that for corrossion to build.

If my motors were going to sit for a month or more, I'd put some in.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Yup, I never oil my engines either. Never had a problem because I didn't, so I'm not about to start now.
i always use aro on my engine if i know im not gonna use it in a day or 2. Never had a problem with using it and it only takes a minute to take the glow plug and put a few drops in.
you also risk getting dirt in the motor everytime you drop ARO in.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
how am i doing that? I always clean the area around the glow plug and i use my compressor to make sure any dust and dirt it blown away before i take it out.
I don't have a compressor so I'll just leave the glow plug in.

It takes more than a few weeks before corrossion starts anyway. (unless you have sitting water in your motor)

Basically your wasting your time.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
well before i started using aro every time i took the motor apart there was rust or the presence of rust. Since i started using aro whenever i took my engine apart for maintaince everything was nice oily looking gold tarnish look which im told is exactly how any motor should look. Not saying your wrong and im right but whatever works for you i guess. And since i started using aro ive noticed my engine also starts a lot easier wether its in tune or slightly off. Before i could be trying to start it for 5-10 minutes, Now its about 5-10 seconds max.
Yeah I always start my motors right up for the most part and they last ungodly amounts of gallons so "to each is own"
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965