Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which tires?
Hello,

I am going to be running LHR during the indoor season. What I will be running is a Revo. The Revo will be running either a .21 or a .27. What I am trying to decide is if I should run Traxxas Hurricanes mounted on Response tires, OR running Thunder Tiger 17mm Black rims mounted on Proline Crimefighters. Two things I am worried about is the hex strength of the Traxxas 14mm hexes with .21-.27 power with the Hurricanes. The second thing I am worried about, which set up is going to handle better for the indoor track conditions?

Let me know,
Joe
You could always upgrade away from the plastic hex's. Are the TTR rims offset or stock?
I have yet to run indoor at LH. But either one of those tires should do well IMO
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
get the holeshot MTRs and u will be set for the season
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
get the boa c compound and you'll be set for the season
[Image: mich1iy1.jpg]
lol mich tire of choice at RCPS in the A for all the non panther sponsored buys was the MTR

I know the buggy's use those holeshot's. I just dont know about MT's or truggy's. Are they really the real deal? I have been thinking about a set. But seeing proline just came out with the bowtie MTR,how far behind are the CF MTR's?
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
there isnt a holeshot for buggies. The bowtie MTR is good for smoother outdoor tracks etc, im sure there will be a CF MTR soon, but the hole shot is made for indoor and blue groove tracks

MIkey

Just got some holeshots I know you have been running them, you think the proline gray would be better than the stock for LH indoor....
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
ya i would say, the thing with these is that since the tire is smaller the stock foams are actually stiffer cuz they are bunched up more, so the greys maybe too stiff intially but once they wear in they should be perfect

I would be using these with the ofna molded foams. Thinking med.
And buggy's do have these types of tires. But they are not the same name.
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
you will have to cut the molded to get it in the tire. These tires are narrower.

Cool Mike, thanks I am going to go with the grays then. The stockers break down to fast IMHO
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
Well staying cheap right now and going to test out some Maximizers with the set of CF's I have here.
I am not ruling out bowties either. I had some great runs on my 40's with the ties on at my old clay track.
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
ur prolly thinking of inside jobs for the buggies which are very different

Might be it
But those would different how?
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
well the basic tread pattern is alot different, they are more similar to the switch 2.0 but they have a lipon the outside edge so u can it either way for different traction etc. the hole shots started off as 1/10th scale tires and they were made in R3 compound which was awesome indoor, they stopped making the compound cuz it was to expensive. the inside jobs had a good bit of push too

Well with this new line with the MTR's. Those ofna molds will have to be trimmed down on all you think?
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
well im really not sure,the foams are bigger to fit the tire with the bigger sidewall, it may be beneficial, providing a firmer sidewall or it may jsut mess it up lol mount them up and see how they look before you glue em

Dont have to glue with bead locks lol. Which I plan to do anyway.
But back to the dudes question. Did we answer those questions for him? lol. Hijack the thread.
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
eh we answered good enough

lots of tire choices.
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
Crazy Phantom Wrote:Hello,

I am going to be running LHR during the indoor season. What I will be running is a Revo. The Revo will be running either a .21 or a .27. What I am trying to decide is if I should run Traxxas Hurricanes mounted on Response tires, OR running Thunder Tiger 17mm Black rims mounted on Proline Crimefighters. Two things I am worried about is the hex strength of the Traxxas 14mm hexes with .21-.27 power with the Hurricanes. The second thing I am worried about, which set up is going to handle better for the indoor track conditions?

Let me know,
Joe

Do not get responses, they will blow up on you with that much power.

Get the holeshots or the boas in clay, and those TTR 17mm rims.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
No need for a .21 sized engine in a revo for indoor IMO. All that is needed is a set of responses and a 2.5R and you can be very fast and competative.

If you have to have a big block, go get the boa c's. Those tires are dialed indoor too.
As for what foam to use in Holeshots.....

I narrow glued a set of crimefighters . inside bead and outside bead and OFNA foam fit perfectly. It bunches just like a stock foam but feels qay better!
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
crimes do not work indoors, been there done that.

panther boa C's with stock (white) foams are great

holeshots with stock foam should lasts 2-3 gallons at least in a revo, a truggy is different because the fronts balloon so much

bowties work good indoors also but they tend to traction roll the truck if your not carefull, they hook so much
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
George, try uing the stock Panther whites in those tires. The PL greys just break down too fast. This was told to me by Aaron Walker and he even gave me a set of Panther foams to try it.
T-T-T Confusedalute:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Different tires for the Slash Classic? PedeBasher8507 5 5,300 04-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Last Post: PedeBasher8507
  Tires And Rims allan42r 9 2,792 08-30-2007, 11:36 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  tires for outdoors cheesecake 11 3,087 08-24-2007, 05:05 PM
Last Post: allan42r
  tires and foam Slowstang93 29 5,309 08-29-2006, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Ponch