Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
boost bottle?
hey whats this boost bottle thingy I'm seeing on ebay? What does it do? And how do you hook it up. I think I have one That came with my t-maxx when I got it.
LOVE AMERICA OR GET THE HELL OUT!
www.Suburbanchicagorockcrawlers.com
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
rc crawling headquarters and great customer support!
like a mini nos...send a pic to [email protected]
The worst dirtbiker is always one step ahead of even the best quad rider....

Tex Wrote:WTF, racing ranger 2?????? and racing ranger 1???? #2 needs his ass kicked for taking someone elses name.
its garbage. It does absolutely nothing. Your better off just getting a bigger engine if you want more power.
[Image: mich1iy1.jpg]
gotta find it. looks like a little red alum bottle about 1 inch long kinda like a fuel filter but with only one opening. Where do you tube it to?
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
you have to drill a hole in the motor by the intake. You gotta seal it air tight. I would highly suggest you spend your money else were. Your better off giving me the money because thats about all your doing. Just giving free money away.
ha ha ok
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
Mich, why does my novarossi t21bf motor have the hole there with a cap in it if it does nothing?

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio
he's talking about a little bottle of "nitrous". Thats different that what you got im guessing
Nitrous doens't really help all that much considering we are already running nitro methane in these engines. Also, one of the main advantages of Nitrous is that it cools the intake charge before it enters the engine, however the intake tract in a 2stroke RC nitro engine is so short that the intake charge does not get a chance to heat up very much before it enters the combustion chamber.

Also, because these are 2 stroke engines most of the increased combustion pressure and tempuratures due to the nitrous is lost out the exhaust. This is the same reason that forced induction is ineffective on 2 stroke motors.

If we were running a 4stroke engine then nitrous and forced induction would be much more effective.
all it is is a little c02 cartridge that when your carb is poened WOT it turns on the switch which pokes the hole and then it sends a boost of air for more top end, they actually work but are a waste of money theyre like 15-20 dollars for a refill and they only work once and only last a few seconds, so just spend your money alsewhere
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
There is a cap on the side of the motor. If i wanted, im suposed to remove cap, install a nipple, then hose to a small bottle. Boost bottles is what I thought they were called.

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio
I wouldnt if I was you. Just run it as is. GTA summed it all up in his post.
THIS is the type of Boost Bottle I think he is refering to. It has nothing to do with Nitrous. What the Boost bottle is SUPPOSED to do, is store up a small amount of backpressure, which helps on low end acceleration. I don't know if I would say it DOESN'T work, but I have never seen before/after effects when one is installed. There are some High end engines that have a Boost attached. On an old Picco O-1 comp engine I had, there was one from the factory. Rather than use a seperate bottle, they used the opening in the backplate (The hollow spot on Bump-start engines) as the boost bottle. The nipple that attached the hose to the backplate area broke off, so I plugged the line to keep from having an air leak, and did notice a bit of a difference.

I would suggest that if your engine doesn't already have this installed, don't hack up a perfectly good engine to add one. Unless you are confident with your engine modding abilities. It is too easy to mess up a working engine if you make a mistake, and it WILL void any warranty that your engine carries.
I'll keep my God, my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep "THE CHANGE."
I know exactly what it is.... a waste of money
I thought he was tlaking about this.....

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/rc_nitrous.htm

^^^^^^^ thats what i was tlking about ^^^^^^^
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
Its not worth the money. As it has been recommended in the past few posts. Just buy a better engine. You'll probably get more run time, and have way more power on tap.

Hell, I had a Force .26 in my first buggy and I couldn't run for more than 7 or 8 minutes a tank. When I swapped to the OS .30vg it was insane as far as power is concerned, and it also lasted a long time. I ran nearly 1 1/2 hours at a fest straight and only used about 700cc of fuel during the whole time. Most of the time spent on high speed runs and drag racing.

Buy a better motor, thats all I can say. When the power is on tap instantly there is no contest.
It's not a matter of power on tap. The boost bottle does NOTHING to affect speed. It is to smooth out the idle and the transition from low to high RPM's, making for a smoother throttle feel.
I'll keep my God, my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep "THE CHANGE."
thanks guys if I get a pic I'll post to clarify but I think thenewguy has what i got. sounds like a lot of hype for notta.lol
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
When I wrote "power on tap" I wasn't referring to top speed, I was basically referring to torque and throttle response. A good motor won't need time to build RPM and get in its power band, its powerband is everywhere! A good motor will generally have a flat torque curve from idle to peak power. Throttle response should be snappy.

A car shouldn't need a boost bottle to make the low-end snappy, it should be there, on demand, whenever you pull the trigger.
the OS RZvo1b came with a boost chamber. A number of engines had this at the time about 3-4 yrs ago, it was the big thing, there was a hole with a nipple near the front bearing on the side of the block, and an apparatus coming out of the back plate that you would string fuel line from one nipple to the other. It didnt really do anything, but was a good idea in theory. Most people ended up capping off both ends after getting a hole in the fuel line and sucking dirt into their new motors lol
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Too bad they didn't cast a pressure line into the block and route it to the front. Then it wouldn't be a problem.

I've seen those boost lines, thought the idea was good but the implementation poor. There are more reliable ways to use it.