Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish tank crew
I just set up my saltwater tank. 45 gallon tank. 40 pounds live rock(Because I didn't wanna spend too much money today). 1 $5.00 damsel.
I am cycling it now when I look at my options for later
Now for a quick pic I snapped
[Image: untitled2copyyk3.jpg]
Smile
Where's the damsel at? LOL

I always wanted to get a salt water tank.
Cool.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
very sweet tank set up
The worst dirtbiker is always one step ahead of even the best quad rider....

Tex Wrote:WTF, racing ranger 2?????? and racing ranger 1???? #2 needs his ass kicked for taking someone elses name.
he's in there somewhere. LOL
Smile
If this is your first salt tank that you will have fish in, I think it was a good idea to just buy one cheap fish until you get the hang of things. Definately wouldn't want to buy a 40-80 dollar fish and have him croak within a few days do to tank error.
My buddy just set up a 125 gallon with all types of fish and like 90+ pounds of live rock! The back of the tank is all drilled too so nuttin hangs over the back..

I thought r/c was an expensive hobby... Salt water is way more involving!
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
No, I have had a few tanks in the past. Wanna see my 65 gal with a 2-3 foot eel?
Smile
There is a pet shop a few blocks from me that specializes in "exotic" animals and fish. They have sting rays, eels, sharks. Don't really have a spot to put a big enough tank for salt.
I wouldn't get a stingray...
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
My friend was going to buy one and name it Steve Irwin Jr. I proceeded to give him a deadleg
Smile
Now everyone is going to go overboard on how "Dangerous" stingrays are. There have only been 17 stingray attacks in recorded history, and most weren't fatal.
I'll keep my God, my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep "THE CHANGE."
Stingrays in your tank are not dangerous. I don't think they are de-barbed (sp), but after a while they will realize you don't mean harm.

When I was in Florida this Summer, there was a kid that got stung by a ray. Nothing happened.
Just picked up a used 24 gallon Nano cube from a friend of a friend at work. Got it dirt cheap with sand in it a piece of Coral in it. He also gave me 20 gallons of salt water.... Should I pour the water in andlet it cycle for a week or so before adding more live rock or fish ????
SOunds great. Nanocubes are awesome. If you ever wanna get rid of it, let me know, I may want to buy it, I kinda want to set up a nano reef. LOL, JP, enjoy it.

Make sure you cycle it for about a week and half or more, then bring in a water sample to the fish store so they can test it before adding more fish.
Best of luck!
Smile
Also, add about, as a rule, 1-2 lbs of liverock per gallon, I personally only have about a 1:1 ratio, but the more the better, it gives a biolgical, natural filter.
Smile
Thanks. My thoughts right now are to get some coral frags from E-bay or the petstore and maybe put in a couple of clown fish. Is there any fish I shouldnt mix with the clown fish that you might know of ?
I also wanted to mention that the previous owner installed "moon lighting". I thought that was pretty cool looking.
Clown fish are pretty territorial with other clowns. I would sugest getting young tank raised (like 1 inh). Try to get the largest and smallest 1 each. Sex is not determind till their a little bigger and hopefully with a large and small youll end up with a mated pair. So far its working for me.
Or you could just buy a mated pair.
Whats funny about the tank raised is they at first didnt have any interest in the anemones in my tank. i was a little disapointed and was going to trade em in. A guy on reefcentral.com sugested I put up a picture of a clown in its anemones and the next day they had a home.
Thats my fish story for the daySmile

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just got some new additions for my fish tank t to the maxx2 422 43,513 05-28-2007, 10:21 PM
Last Post: MX_KEVIN
  My newest fish t to the maxx2 13 1,892 09-17-2006, 09:38 PM
Last Post: mikeh
  Bigger tank? Ponch 4 1,048 06-23-2006, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Ponch
  Any reef fish tank guys here? t to the maxx2 9 1,848 12-29-2005, 02:12 PM
Last Post: FreeRideFrosty
  Marine Salt water fish tanks Biodragen 13 2,878 11-23-2005, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Biodragen
  One Big Fish! RCDad 6 1,626 07-01-2005, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Notochord