Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jebus!!!!
nobody in this entire forum hs tmaxx parts???? Whats goin gon here, we have a serious problem.. You people need to realize that tmaxx's are the CHIT.. you know what i mean. let me know whats going on here...peace

Edit by Rocco
Why are you complaning about this here? Maybe people are keeping the parts as spares and don't want to sell.

Maybe they don't have Tmaxx's.

God knows Tmaxxs are known to break something about every outing.
The local hobby store has t-maxx parts.
Mugen MBX5T Prospec
RB C6bb/O.S. Speed
Hitec 5955
Futaba s9351
Jr Z-1
http://www.frontlinetec.com

Soo easy a cave man can drive it Mooooooooooogen
i dont know why im responding to this.....he is just trying to make waves like he does in all the other threads.

Bruce? is that you?!?!
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Sh1nn3r Wrote:The local hobby store has t-maxx parts.

Hey you know what's cool? Local hobby shop and leisure have the same initials! LH and LH! Coincidence? I think not...lol just go get parts from LH. No need to rant about it. Maxxes are what, 6 years old now?
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
and no one wants them cause they break every time you run them, so whats the use??

just buy the parts at LH

also i dont appreciate the heading to this thread, please dont use jesus' name in vain
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
My problem is I have a gen 1 maxx. So getting parts for that(which it needs in order to run again) is not going to be cheap because I have to upgrade like half the truck to match with the 2.5 or 3.3 maxx Sad
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
Casketman Wrote:My problem is I have a gen 1 maxx. So getting parts for that(which it needs in order to run again) is not going to be cheap because I have to upgrade like half the truck to match with the 2.5 or 3.3 maxx Sad

Slowly but surely just upgrade all of it to 2.5 or 3.3 stuff. When you bust the rear arm again, pick up both left and right sets for the rear and put them on. It'll be like $15. And mabye turnbuckles so $20 but then you save money after, because if the stuff brakes again it's more readily available and cheaper. Do the same for the front and you're all good. I know how you feel, I had a gen 1 maxx till they came out w/ the 2.5 and then I basically gave up on it lol.
Well right now there is no motor. No mount. The right front buckle is off. I saw at RPM's site that if I were to put those 2.5 arms on. I had to get the buckles also. I would think I would have to upgrade the driveshafts also due to the extra length. Or atleast it would be a good idea IMO. Dropping the old tranny for a 3.3 tranny would be nice too. Needs servos and a radio and new shocks. And that is all I can remember lol
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
A buckle? You mean bulkhead, I assume....
turnbuckle(lazy)
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
Oh-Makes sense, lol.
sounds like you need to invest alot to make it race worthy.

i installed rpm arms and power stroke shocks. did some other simple modifications and found the grey bulkheads work better than the alum.
my son races it all the time- nothing breaks. and he drives the piss out of it.
just keep in mind- they are money pits. and you will never get your money back out of it.
Gary Wright
President
http://www.midwestnitro.com
"Keeping Racing Simple"
ok ok ok , take it esy. And NO, my name is not earl or dave or even steven. They call me josh. And i was jsut kidding when i made this thread, and didnt realize people were gonna oush it to a farther level. Yes, i know that the maxx really sucks!!!! And it is very true that it breaks everytime you take it out. I dont think that i have taken it out yet, and not broke something on it. Its getting kinda rediculous. Are the revo's the same way? If not, maybe i need to get one of those. later peeps
All of my issues are driveline related. Plastic yokes and telescoping driveshafts break very easily with the OS 18cvr thats in there. UE driveshafts would fix it.
i have some parts that were left over, 2 stripped screws in a .15 chassis and some extra parts. i'll let em go real cheap if youre actually interested.
Casketman Wrote:Well right now there is no motor. No mount. The right front buckle is off. I saw at RPM's site that if I were to put those 2.5 arms on. I had to get the buckles also. I would think I would have to upgrade the driveshafts also due to the extra length. Or atleast it would be a good idea IMO. Dropping the old tranny for a 3.3 tranny would be nice too. Needs servos and a radio and new shocks. And that is all I can remember lol

I think (from my experience) you would have to upgrade both sets of turnbuckles to the ones that are 116mm to go with the extended arms... you should have to do the driveshafts also...

why do the 3.3 tranny? what does it have over the 2.5 tranny?

oh yeah, to upgrade the t-maxx to be an actual working and surviving model needs a lot of upgrades... I did mine 50 bucks a week through the winter, with a bit of thinking you can keep the truck running and get it upgraded at the same time...

Oh and by the way.. to answer the original post...
http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=216053

you probably aren't going to get any cheaper than that, unless someone builds you a t-maxx and gives it to you..
"if guns cause crime, all of mine are defective" - Ted Nugent
The revos are not that way. I beat the living crap out of mine and didn't break a whole lot considering what I put it through. Infinitely better than the maxx IMO....
I had decent luck with my maxx, I was at Berwyn multiple times TRYING to break it and couldn't, it simply wouldn't break
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
GWPHOENIX Wrote:sounds like you need to invest alot to make it race worthy.

i installed rpm arms and power stroke shocks. did some other simple modifications and found the grey bulkheads work better than the alum.
my son races it all the time- nothing breaks. and he drives the piss out of it.
just keep in mind- they are money pits. and you will never get your money back out of it.

This thing has been sitting here for about 3-4 years now I think. I already race a Revo and spending well over $1200(truck,upgrades,tools). I understand the money pit part.

Q: Are the revo's the same way?
A: No,I have heard of 'lemon' revos. But the one I have(2.5R) has been strong. Only thing that I can remember that has broken on mine are the skid plates. The rear broke due to a very bad landing on the crest(top) of a jump and my front,well I dont know how it broke but it did(maybe the same landing as the rear). Other then that,no problems besides the normal lose screws and pillow ball cap and wheel nut. I know a couple of guys that have had diff problems. But racing with them and I dont have those problems so it might be their racing style or truck setup. I was told there are areas on the truck that are made to 'let go' to save another part. I thought one was the spur gear,or maybe the slipper. Not 100% sure. But they are tough trucks,and they will break if you dont watch what your doing,but the same for any other truck out there.
Myspace.com/Mtdrew24
maxx-breaker Wrote:nobody in this entire forum hs tmaxx parts???? Whats goin gon here, we have a serious problem.. You people need to realize that tmaxx's are the CHIT.. you know what i mean. let me know whats going on here...peace

Edit by Rocco

What parts are you looking for??? I have a box of spare parts taking up space. Maybe I can help. let me know.
Confusedalute: Supermaxx-Emaxx w/RacerX Suspension, Gen-IV servo saver, Supershocks, UE Ti Center shafts, 6mm UE CVD's, GA Bulks & Diffs, FLM extended chassis & braces, FLM Diff cups, FLM Transcase, HSR Slipper, NEU BL Motor, MM ESC, and More.REVO 3.3 w/mild mods,[/B], a 570HP Procharged and Intercooled '92 Mustang GT. Visit http://www.rcbros.com Visit http://www.RC-Monster.com

:racing:
And to the guys that say maxxes break every time you use them,...... Maxxes don't break all the time unless your a lousy mechanic, lousy driver, both, or an extreme basher with a totally stock truck!
Confusedalute: Supermaxx-Emaxx w/RacerX Suspension, Gen-IV servo saver, Supershocks, UE Ti Center shafts, 6mm UE CVD's, GA Bulks & Diffs, FLM extended chassis & braces, FLM Diff cups, FLM Transcase, HSR Slipper, NEU BL Motor, MM ESC, and More.REVO 3.3 w/mild mods,[/B], a 570HP Procharged and Intercooled '92 Mustang GT. Visit http://www.rcbros.com Visit http://www.RC-Monster.com

Procharged5.0 Wrote:And to the guys that say maxxes break every time you use them,...... Maxxes don't break all the time unless your a lousy mechanic, lousy driver, both, or an extreme basher with a totally stock truck!

I had a maxx, and I had a revo. I am making a straight across the board comparison between the two. I fell that I did pretty good maintainence on my truck, and was a pretty damn good driver. I bashed both trucks hard and in box stock form the Revo was stronger, faster, and handled better, hands down. Having the maxx upgraded and the revo race prepped (even when it was stock) the Revo was still a better truck.

Don't get me wrong I love the supermaxxes, but for most people getting a bomb proof truck like that is just not practical. I know maxx owners love their maxxes and there is nothing wrong with that. Run and love what you have, but don't be naive and try to say that it is a better truck and that the problems people have are their own faults. If that were true they would have never soaked more money into production of the revo.....
FreeRideJunkie Wrote:I was a pretty damn good driver.
:bustingup Confusedlap: :moon: Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink (Just messing with ya Dan-o!)
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
FreeRideJunkie Wrote:I had a maxx, and I had a revo. I am making a straight across the board comparison between the two. I fell that I did pretty good maintainence on my truck, and was a pretty damn good driver. I bashed both trucks hard and in box stock form the Revo was stronger, faster, and handled better, hands down. Having the maxx upgraded and the revo race prepped (even when it was stock) the Revo was still a better truck.

Don't get me wrong I love the supermaxxes, but for most people getting a bomb proof truck like that is just not practical. I know maxx owners love their maxxes and there is nothing wrong with that. Run and love what you have, but don't be naive and try to say that it is a better truck and that the problems people have are their own faults. If that were true they would have never soaked more money into production of the revo.....

The first part:
Yes a REVO is better out of the box than a T-Maxx. No question about it. I also have a Revo 3.3 so I know first hand. I've owned a T-maxx (mildly modified) and a E-Maxx's (stock & mildly modified) plus my UE Supermaxx which has virtually no stock parts making it "not really a Traxxas E-Maxx". No arguments.

The second part:
I am not saying the Maxx is indestructable and any failures are the fault of the owner. You mis-read my response. It is true that many maxx owners are not the best mechanics (although there are some excellent ones as well) and some crash into alot (my step son hits everything in site and then some, he's just not a great driver) much of the breakage I've seen can be associated to hard crashes and a smaller amount due to poor installation or adjustment.

And yes, one again. The REVO is a superior truck out of the box as compared to a Stock T-maxx (or mildly modified on).

I'll try in be more delicate in my wording for those like you that are particularly sensitive.

I hope there are no hard feelings as no offense was intended.