Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My god its a MONSTER!!!!
OS 30vg + 1/8th scale buggy = :racing: :headbang:

[Image: burnout.gif]

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/thirdgen89.../index.htm
Dude....It's a pull start...Wtf? Sure it's fast but....
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Umm....cause I don't have a starter box, and the flywheel is too small because its a HPI flywheel, that was the only flywheel that fit.
So what if it's a pull start!?! What difference does it make? It works & it's cool...end of story

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies
jebus man! get a vid!
Same 'ol Fun!
IDK I hate pull starts lol....If it has one and it's on my truck, it's getting changed.....Save your fingers the trouble and pick up a starter box asap....

Looks good overall...but it looks like you have air bubbles in your line.
Its been sitting for about 2 hours now, air is bound to leak back into the lines after a while. Doesn't have an air leak though so I'm not worried. It idles just fine, though the LSN is still a little rich, ran about 10 tanks total today through it. It already had been run was told 5 tanks, but I was just being safe with the break-in.

Tune is still not right, tends to load up at low speed, but the high-end is good enough that there is a steady stream of blue smoke.

Its not that hard to pull start if you've got your motor broken in and tuned decently. My force 26 (really crappy motor) would start on the first yank if you primed it. This motor seems to act similarly, though it acts up occasionally on start-up.

Its a real beast. It already ripped the bead of glue holding the rear tires off. This will be nearly uncontrollable at LH if I just tried hammering the throttle out of the corners and into the straights. Needs a gentle touch. Since I'm primarily a basher this works out great for me, the sheer acceloration and speed I can get out of this combo is perfect.
Rusty, there will be plenty of video of it sunday. You won't miss out, I promise.

BTW, I have those CD's for you too. You should come out so you can pick them up!:popcorn:
Revo2k Wrote:IDK I hate pull starts lol....If it has one and it's on my truck, it's getting changed.....Save your fingers the trouble and pick up a starter box asap....

Looks good overall...but it looks like you have air bubbles in your line.

People hate you and they still talk to you. Get over it. Its not your truck so dont worry about it.
[Image: mich1iy1.jpg]
:eek:

:popcorn:
Go Fast Or Go Home
Michowski Wrote:People hate you and they still talk to you. Get over it. Its not your truck so dont worry about it.

Chill out...I was just saying something to mabye help him out. I know that every big block I've owned has been a PITA to start with a pull start, and those were only .26's and .28's. He's got a .30. I recommended he get a starter box, I didn't say he had to. I wasn't trying to be an ass, just saying what I've picked up from personal experience. So chill.
Revo2k Wrote:Dude....It's a pull start...Wtf? Sure it's fast but....

That sure doesnt look helpfull to me. Looks just like you bitching about other peoples stuff
Rolleyes poor mich u run outta hand lotion or something u seem pretty edgy today hahahahahCool
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
im not trying to be mean but come on. Dont say one thing and then say you were saying another when its POSTED. His post came off like he was just bashing this guys truck when he took the time to make that motor fit and work.
who cares....

Thirdgen89GTA, sorry if it sounded like I was bashing your stuff. I wasn't. I'm just used to high-end motors being bump start.
again who cares....get over it already it didnt bother him

Revo2k Wrote:Thirdgen89GTA, sorry if it sounded like I was bashing your stuff. I wasn't. I'm just used to high-end motors being bump start.

so thats better.. calling it low end??? thats even worse than the last post... man looks like it would have a ton of power looks like it would be a great basher with that motor..
looking for something new to buy.... like a lst2 or something let me know what u got..................
wow i just took another look at those pics.... fits like a glove in thier...
looking for something new to buy.... like a lst2 or something let me know what u got..................
BottledBeast Wrote:so thats better.. calling it low end??? thats even worse than the last post... man looks like it would have a ton of power looks like it would be a great basher with that motor..

No, I'm saying it's high end. Most (but not all) high end motors though are bump start only.
Sounds like you just need to think a little more about what you write before you post. I didn't take offence, and yes a bump start would work better for break-in but I have no problems pull starting this.

Besides, as a basher, its just one more piece of equipment I have to haul around and keep charged.

My force 26 was originally a pain in the ass to get started. ALOT of compression, enough that it would rip the whole car off the ground even when you were holding it down. However after breaking it was easy to start. prime it, put the igniter on there, set the throttle trim up for a high idle and yank the cord and it would start and run every time. Still will, but its not in a car anymore! Its been replaced. This was harder originally, but the pull start handle is sized appropriately for the motor. Very easy to start.

BTW, I was a little overboard. The .30 is sitting in a Jammin BUGGY. :joy: [Image: burnout.gif]

In fact yesterday while playing the front end hit a pebel and it wheelied till I let off the gas. I have no idea how it did it with 3 differentials, but it did. I suspect it would have eventually lost momentum but for about 10 or 15 feet it did a wheel stand. Won't do it on level ground, just shreds the front tires then.
If you like the wheelies...put thicker diff fluid in the center, that will keep it loaded and it will do it more often. Big Grin

Very, very, nice man. I have always had good luck with OS motors in the past. I don't see the big problem with a PS. I ran one on my buggy with a .26 and it worked perfect. Started right up. The OS motors I have had would do the same. If you do a lot of bashing just leave it pullstart. You don't need to worry about lugging a starter box around, batteries dying, nothing. Keep an eye on the OWB and you will be golden. I can't wait to see a video of that beast.
OWB? Thats a new one for me.

Yeah, I have 30k and 50k diff oil around here, with some 3k, 5k, and 7k diff oil as well.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trinity Monster Horsepower pwnzor 11 1,957 01-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Traxxas_Junkee