Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revo Bashing Setups?
My reason for posting this thread is due to the fact that I've busted 2 shock shafts so far running aluminum ends. Also, My push rod ends on the rear rockers wear out after a quart of fuel.

I was running silver springs and 55 weight on all shocks with P2 rockers. I don't know if I'm going too stiff or what. Or if the problems I'm having are just problems you have to live with...

I just tore my shocks apart to replace the shafts with Ti-Ni shafts and stock plastic ends.

In doing so, I set it up like a revo 3.3 in respect to oil/spring/rocker combinations and I totally HATE IT!!! I just got back from running 3 tanks of fuel through it and they were the 3 most boring tanks of fuel I've run... ever. Anything more than a foot or so of air and it would bottom out. Anything over 2-3 feet of air and it would bottom out so hard my header would come disconnected. So, I just meandered around the skate park for a tank and came home totally disgusted. It handled like crap, the rear end drug on the ground at the smallest of jumps, steering was totally unresponsive...

If the rod ends and snapping of shock shafts are problems you have to live with to have a revo that can jump a few feet without bottoming out, then I may be selling the thing.

BTW, anyone know if the stock shock pistons are different front to rear? I bought a set of shocks off Ebay and I think I put the rear ones on the front and front on the rear...
55wt oil is probablt too stiff and is creating binding in the suspension.
I've never used heavier than 45wt..the rear springs should be about 20% stiffer rate than whatever you run in front. (eg. Tan and Green, Gold and Orange, etc.)
What holes are your pushrods located in the A-arms?

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies
My revo ate shock shafts for breakfast lunch and dinner. I had to keep a spare set on me all the time. I never really noticed the problem others are having with the shock ends stretching out though.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
I'm using the middle holes in the RPM arms. I was using the taller holes (closest to center), but I think that's what was causing my shock breakage.

For me, even silver is a bit on the soft side, which is stiffer than tan. I think I'll throw the silver back on but leave the oil light. I know it will be a bit bouncy, but I can't stand driving it as it is now. Maybe I'll replace about 25% of the oil with 55. It's either that or 90... that's all I have on hand.
The silver springs are for the LT rockers aren't they? They are also a different height than standard. Have you tried the Long Travel rockers...that may be a little more along the lines of what you're looking for. P2 rocker geometry is better suited for racing with a lower ride height.

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies
Ride height isn't nearly as much a concern to me as jumpability. The silver springs are intended for LT, but they are compressed as much or more than my current new green ones now. The LT setup makes for much softer suspension if I'm not mistaken, which won't do me any good for jumping.

I just changed to silver and left the oil alone. If it's too bouncy, I'll add a little 55 to the 30 to thicken it up a bit.
Yeah the LT makes stuff buttery soft.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Building Revo A-Arms dnshift 1 3,286 12-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Dark
  Revo Sway Bars, Traxxas Style J-Dub 0 2,982 01-25-2008, 06:19 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  Revo Chassis MasterWolf 9 4,996 12-22-2007, 11:26 AM
  Revo Center Diff / Tire Balooning J-Dub 14 6,651 06-07-2007, 11:06 PM