Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone in the NW Suburbs want to to go LH for open practice on sunday?
Basically, I'm looking for someone from the Elk Grove/Schaumburg/Bloomingdale area to go out there with because its a long haul for me and I'd rather not drive 1:15 minutes by myself to go out there. I'm in Buffalo Grove, so if your up this way that works too.

If you are interested hit me up with a PM.

*yes. I know about the typo, I meant Saturday.
I will be going on Sunday but doors open at 8am and racing starts at 11am.So I dont think there is practice that day unless your racing.

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio
+1 on that...saturday is the day to pratice.
oopsies, I meant saturday. Open practice and all, I really don't want to race yet. My cars and I are all too slow. Confusedmash:
Hey! I grew up in Buffalo Grove! I'd be interested in joining you but I'm not sure I can make it this saturday.
Confusedalute: Supermaxx-Emaxx w/RacerX Suspension, Gen-IV servo saver, Supershocks, UE Ti Center shafts, 6mm UE CVD's, GA Bulks & Diffs, FLM extended chassis & braces, FLM Diff cups, FLM Transcase, HSR Slipper, NEU BL Motor, MM ESC, and More.REVO 3.3 w/mild mods,[/B], a 570HP Procharged and Intercooled '92 Mustang GT. Visit http://www.rcbros.com Visit http://www.RC-Monster.com

:racing:
Maybe if enough people from this area wanna go we can car pool each week or something like that so its not so bad.

Cause the drive out by yourself if you hit traffic is pretty nasty. Makes the whole day seem like it sucks.
Any pics of the TA? Have you run it at Union Grove or Rt 66?
Confusedalute: Supermaxx-Emaxx w/RacerX Suspension, Gen-IV servo saver, Supershocks, UE Ti Center shafts, 6mm UE CVD's, GA Bulks & Diffs, FLM extended chassis & braces, FLM Diff cups, FLM Transcase, HSR Slipper, NEU BL Motor, MM ESC, and More.REVO 3.3 w/mild mods,[/B], a 570HP Procharged and Intercooled '92 Mustang GT. Visit http://www.rcbros.com Visit http://www.RC-Monster.com

:racing:
I'd go and actually live in Schaumburg but on Saturday I'll be in buffalo Grove most of the day because I have to work. Sad
-- John --
1:1.. 01 Z28 Camaro A4 Sure.. its stock.
1:8's.. K3, Inferno GT, and a straight line beater car
1:18.. RC18t Mamba and 3s lipo
So you work right where I live then. Big Grin

Microsoft just released a large patch for XP/2k. Now we have to upgrade ALL of the servers. The servers at work are two 16TB SGI arrays.

16,000gigabytes.:eek: And I thought i had alot with about 540gig of storage.

BTW, we need to get a drag race of your Inferno GT against my Jato. They were pretty damned close. Though i wouldn't want to take that GT on if we had a road race. Jato = fast in straight line, no handling though.
Yup.. I work right next to Aptakisic Jr high actually at a company called LifeWatch.

I have to put dual disk brakes (even better a fiber disk brake or craddock actually) on the inferno GT before I do any more drag racing like that.. lol. I had to stop last sunday becuase I lost brakes. I temped the brake rotor at 280 deg and that was a couple minutes After I had shut it down!
-- John --
1:1.. 01 Z28 Camaro A4 Sure.. its stock.
1:8's.. K3, Inferno GT, and a straight line beater car
1:18.. RC18t Mamba and 3s lipo
Damn those things got hot. I never bothered to temp the brakes in the buggy after a hard run.

LoL, I can now call my cars Modified. Big Grin

[Image: tunedpipes01.jpg]
[Image: tunedpipes03.jpg]

Too bad that shiny, polished look will wear off the first time I run the jato. Sad
Let us know how those pipes work...Mainly the JP3 lol
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
I was told it was inbetween the JP1 and JP2 in terms of power band. Didn't know exactly what I wanted out of the buggy so I went with the JP3.

From Ofna's site.
Quote:After many months of testing, Jammin has released the JP-3 inline Hard Coated pipe to the world. This new pipe is a 3-chamber design with all round performance, very simular to both JP-1 & JP-2 combined. Made of thick aluminum which is then Hard Coated, the pipe features include Jammin signature CNC outlet, smooth flow manifold, and flexible pipe mount. OFNA has this pipe currently in-stock under the part number #10051. With the addition of JP-3 inline pipe to the JP-1 & JP-2 product line, the current market leader is now better!

They market it as similar in performance to both the JP1 and JP2 pipes. Not quite the low end of the JP1, or the highend of the Jp2 then but a happy medium. I don't have a Jp1, or a Jp2 so I don't know what I'll compare it to other than the stock OFNA pipe on the LX2. I'm sure it'll have more power everywhere so my review will be glowing.:joy:

As for the Pipe on the Jato, Dual resonator ROAR legal. My Jato doesn't need anymore low end. Big Grin. I am thinking of a OS 18TZ for my Jato or a 3.3 conversion. I want SPEED. But I'll also need brakes. I wish they had a brake kit for the front wheels to help this thing slow down. Rear brakes just aren't enough!
NO on the 3.3. 18TM or TZ or TZ EB modded. It'll rip.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Well, I'm happy with the JP3, but its just too much pipe for my little force .26, acceloration is great, but I hit a rpm wall within 70ft or so and it just won't pull any more rpm.

The Jato and the Tmaxx are gonna go up for grabs, and possibly the Ultra Comp2 roller. I want to put a monster motor into the Jammin X1 CR pro I picked up. Big Grin

Need to feed the buggy addiction and the Jato and the Tmaxx are on the chopping block.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looks like Busse Woods is open again. Thirdgen89GTA 1 13,819 01-21-2014, 04:30 AM
Last Post: magan
  Racing and Bashing every Sunday in Bedford Park gmkiller 6 3,180 10-31-2009, 04:09 PM
Last Post: grim digger
  mud racing... open discussion on rules etc Jetboat 23 11,705 10-14-2008, 03:10 AM
Last Post: Mnster
  Sunday, December 17th at Balstrode RobH 10 2,084 12-17-2006, 10:45 PM
Last Post: HAGASAN
  Skokie Test and Tune this Sunday chicagokenji 6 2,099 08-14-2006, 12:49 PM
Last Post: johntc3
  Intense Raceway Park now open for offroad... Nexus 22 4,646 05-08-2006, 09:36 AM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  whos going to Coreys sunday? slim 11 2,061 05-06-2006, 05:30 PM
Last Post: dentguy92
  Anyone in the northern suburbs? iluvtruenos 9 1,949 04-28-2006, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  Tomorrow Sunday (02-12-06) Bash Traxxas_Junkee 12 2,172 02-11-2006, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Ponch
  CASH RACE!!!! Dec 4th sunday. newberrys! slim 351 39,889 12-12-2005, 01:09 PM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4