Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help on OS 18tz install!!!
ok im offically dumb and dont know what to do. when i was at lh the guy helped me get the stuff i need to install into my revo. he gave me a sportwerks flywheel nut and told me to cut it in half where it 'cones' so i did that and installed the flywheel. now to the clutch shoes. he told me to cut the shoes so they would fit. it seems if i cut them there would be nothing left to them.... and then when i put my clutchbell on it doesnt totally cover the clutch shoes. they stick out alot. any help would be sweet. thanks
If you could get some pics it might help.
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
i dont have a cam.....hopefully going back to leisure to straighten it out....
destroy_my_revo_15 Wrote:ok im offically dumb and dont know what to do. when i was at lh the guy helped me get the stuff i need to install into my revo. he gave me a sportwerks flywheel nut and told me to cut it in half where it 'cones' so i did that and installed the flywheel. now to the clutch shoes. he told me to cut the shoes so they would fit. it seems if i cut them there would be nothing left to them.... and then when i put my clutchbell on it doesnt totally cover the clutch shoes. they stick out alot. any help would be sweet. thanks

Sounds like you need to return the flywheel, come to my house and we put on a good 1/8 clutch setup that needs no modding to get to work. Oh and couldn't you have just used all the stock stuff on it like the clutch nut?
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
it wasnt a flywheel, just the nut. im using the stock flywheel, clutch and clutchbell.
destroy_my_revo_15 Wrote:it wasnt a flywheel, just the nut. im using the stock flywheel, clutch and clutchbell.

Ohh.. Sorry read it kinda quick lol. Won't the stock nut fit on there?

Hey, what about instead of cutting the shoes, grinding the clutch nut down? Or would that mabye throw things off balance...Hmm IDK just ideas.
the stock nut is too big... i have a few spare clutches that i forgot about and i am trying some stuff with them... it also appears that im going to need to move the tranny forward a bit for clearance... the only thing that has gone right is the throttle linkage...
Shouldn't be too hard to move the tranny. Just enlongate the holes equally and hack out some of the area in front of the tranny.
yea the drill went dead i shouldnt have to hack theres plenty of room :joy:
And the dremel is dead too?

Hey I'm going to call your house phone, pick it up!!!
naw im just using the drill... it may take longer but it will be much cleaner in the end.
use a dremel with an endmill and ull be fine
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
an endmill? never heard of it
they usually come with the dremel...its how machines make all of the parts we use lol

maybe could u get a pic? i think i know what ur talking about. does it look like metal sandpaper on the end of the bit?
my dad got me some carbide ones from work, but here is what they look like

[Image: endmill.jpg]

oh i guess i dont have one. thanks anyways mike!
lol no prob

John,
what Mike is talking about is like a drill bit that cuts sideways (instead of drilling strait through), just look for your dremel drill bit that looks different than normal bits, that's the one.

So where are you at with the motor install?
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
i now have the motor installed with the stock clutch.... dont know how long it will last but its the only thing i can get to work...
stock clutch works, hooks up fine, and doesn't wear out too fast. BUT I couldn't get a good setup going with it because of the different clutch nut that is needed. Also it needs major shimming, MAJOR
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Tex Wrote:stock clutch works, hooks up fine, and doesn't wear out too fast. BUT I couldn't get a good setup going with it because of the different clutch nut that is needed. Also it needs major shimming, MAJOR

(this is revo2k at John's house) Well we used a really short nut (mabye 3 or 4 mm long) and that held on to the flywheel once we shimmed the flywheel forward with 4 shims. Then the stock clutch fit on there fine, and there was still plenty of shaft showing, so we shimmed alott there too. But it all works fine and dandy lol, it was running pretty hot though, first tank it hit 290. it cooled down though tank after tank. It runs about 250-260 now and is pretty darn fast. Break in is done....Plug died though. We got some more on their way though. And a shim from lh too to drop the temps down.
glad you got it fixed
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
Traxxas Thrasher, I dont really know if you did it or not or have the TZ installed but when I had my Revo I had the TZ in it as well, I shaved off the fins on the bottom of the case with a metal nail file since it works so good and easy to control, then I used Traxxas part number 4144 (Traxxas Nitro Rustler Clutch nut adapter also 3281 Traxxas Nitro Rustler Split Cone) I had no alignment problems at all useing those parts. I dont know if your ever on the Traxxas forums but I used to be a guy on there named Tornado Racing (real name Tony Mofrey) hes the one that suggested to use these parts and was right on with them.

I just thought I would pass this little bit of info on just incase you would be able to use it.
"I'm always amazed to hear of air crash victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?"
your tlaking to me???? I didnt start this thread. destroy my revo 15 did. are you tlaking to him?
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OS .18TZ in Revo, few Q's! BAMF90 60 13,308 02-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Last Post: BAMF90