Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nextel Phone Owners
Does anyone put their own backgrounds and ringtones on their phones? I downloaded MyJAL to do it but it was only a trial version and I don't want to pay $20 just to be able to put backgrounds and my own ringtones on their, does anyone else use a different program?
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
What phone do you have?

When I was using nextel, I used a hacked version of webjal to upload rintones and background images. It was my kind of software, lol, free.

I might still have the software lying around in the pc somewhere at home. I'll take a look when I get home from work.
I have an I710, I think I'm going to be getting a new one soon cuz the buttons on this one are starting not to work and stuff. Thanks for looking.

i used a hacked one too...
I'll get you ALL the info you will need in a bit. I have to find the right links. It is a Hacked version of Webjal, with the patch. I'll also give you the names of a couple programs to DL. To convert audio to the right format, to edit your own music/sound clips, etc....
I'll keep my God, my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep "THE CHANGE."
CLICK HERE

Scroll down to the steps. There is a file to save to your computer. Once you save the file, click on it to install. (This is an optimized version, His original version was a 3-5 step install.)

Once it is all loaded, double click on the icon to start Webjal. Click "Login", leave the name and password fields blank, and hit enter. You now have Free Webjal.

Look for a program called "Acoustica wav to MP3 converter" and another program called "Cool Edit Pro". Acoustica will let you change ANY MP3 (or other audio file) to a wav file so you can use it on your Nextel. Once you convert it with acoustica, you can edit out the section you want. Once you have done that, open it with Cool Edit, and convert the file to 8000Khz, 8 bit mono. It is now ready to load to your phone...
OK, I'm trying it now.

OK, I got everything installed, and I went to go download a background and it goes but it is completely white, I made it smaller so I know it isn't the size, and then I went to go put a ringtone on and it says that a general communication error has occured. HELP! Plz!

What format is the ringtone? Is it stereo or mono? Where are you getting the ringtone?

If it is a sound clip from your computer, you have to convert it to a wav file first, then change it to 8 bit Mono 8000Khz.
its a .mid ringtone. so should i just look for a .wav one?

OK, the applications and ringtones go fine, I still can't get the backgrounds to go.

OK I got it all to work. Thank you all who helped!

Yeah, Nextel phones have to have .wav files for ringtones. That's why I told you about the other programs.
Anybody still use webjal? I lost mine and I can't get it downloaded again. If someone could send it to me that would be awesome.

The above link still works. Save the file in step 4. When you install it, the login for webjal has changed. You now have to put in "webjal" as user name, then leave the password blank.
I can't even get it to install though. I download the file, then it says to install webjal, I hit enter and nothing happens.

When it takes me to the command prompt it isn't downloading anything from the internet.

What OS are you running?

Did you try to run from the link, or did you Save the file to disk first?

It installed perfect for me.
worked fine just now and hes running the same OS as me XP sp2.

how do i asign ring tones for certain people?
The worst dirtbiker is always one step ahead of even the best quad rider....

Tex Wrote:WTF, racing ranger 2?????? and racing ranger 1???? #2 needs his ass kicked for taking someone elses name.
depends on the phone... i might have webjal on a disk at home ill have to check in the morning.
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
figured it out i have the old sim card (i90 era) and need to get the newer sim card

Tex Wrote:WTF, racing ranger 2?????? and racing ranger 1???? #2 needs his ass kicked for taking someone elses name.
anyone know what the program to import contacts to another phone is?

nevermind found it, link incase someone else needs it

Organizer Updater

I got it to go. I had to run the program that downloaded everything on my mom's laptop, then I copied the system files from that to my comp. I don't know what it wouldn't go. Thanks for the help.

Travis, there is a program on Harry Thompson's page that does the same thing too.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cell phone f/s...Just kiding, Ihobby wants: Gene 2 1,548 10-26-2009, 09:41 PM
Last Post: firesprink281
  Time for a new phone wich one should i get? cheesecake 3 1,605 09-06-2007, 07:51 PM
Last Post: motoxer4life
  New I-phone CHEAP! mikeh 17 3,095 07-10-2007, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Racin' Ranger1
  Phone Company Help? Hoobajoob 0 1,045 04-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Hoobajoob
  Question for Pet owners cemeb4dk 31 5,578 04-14-2007, 03:58 PM
Last Post: cemeb4dk
  Need a phone number ASAP SEEKandDESTROY2 1 1,010 04-06-2007, 06:57 PM
Last Post: SEEKandDESTROY2
  Cell phone GPS Tracker Hoobajoob 7 1,983 03-28-2007, 06:11 PM
Last Post: Obsessive R/C
  Cell phone do not call list!!! mikeh 13 3,513 12-20-2006, 11:38 AM