Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
god save the hobby...
hasbro( a division of tiger toys) has made a line of toy grade nitro r/c's that will be carryed at hobbytown usa.:ugh: :puke: heres a link---> http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/showt...p?t=222411
I've known about this for a while now, wasn't too thrilled when I found out about one being made, even less thrilled now that I know who's making it. People are going to buy these things for their kids even if they are too young to have one, then I'd bet we're going to get as many complaints as Target and Walmart on the things.
Someone on Ultimaterc.com posted that too.
They said Hasbro will do for nitro R/C what Nylint did for rock crawling LOL!
You're never to old to be immature
I haven't heard of this until now. I'm not thrilld either but it may be a good thing. if hasbro introduces basic beginner nitro rc's, it could hype up the hobby quite a bit if they catch on. It could bring rc into places that don't have anything of the type (like my area). It could be god, it could be bad. We'll just have to wait and see.

The Ace Racer
"to the ends of the earth i wll travel for you. sense the earth is a sphere that means it will never end" me, June 2006.
Stock E-Maxx, named Elanore. B4, novak gtb esc, no motor at current, and lots of carbon, named Buddy.
I think it could be a good way to get people into real Nitro RC. Traxxas and others should get there national TV ads ready for this Christmas. They could capitalize on the awareness that Hasbro will create with their larger ad budget.
im mixed right off the bat about it...

good exposure, BUT, I can see it now... these things will be everywhere, cops will be called for noise and property damage...thats the way it happens now a days with most underground sports/hobbies... it could run wild and then you end up with a bad publicity for nitro rc as a whole. i know one track for sure that got shut down by the city for noise...

maybe im putting to much thought into it...
Slim might be right on that too, and I selfishly just thought of it from the perspective of a current HTU and former Toy's "R" Us employee (esp the later!) Plus to make matters worse, not only could it affect Nitro owners bu it could spill over onto electric as well. I'm kinda suprised the Go-Ped/Pocket bike fad hasn't screwed us over in some way either come to think of it......
i think slims got it right. either that or i know that if peoples little brothers staarts getting these all of a sudden they wil think nothing of any other gas trucks because they will just figure its the same thing because they dont know jack about the hobby. although...this coud be a good opprotunity to make some money when all the little kids cant get em running and whatnot. need fixes. hehe i think i have sprung an idea...

one question?
what about breakin? because some of us cant even do it right (myself included) so how do they expect kids or parents that know very little about the hobby to be able to break in the truck? i kinda wanna see one just so i can make fun of it, or notice how it actually coud be something...which is a long shot.
well I think slim is right thats what I think is goona happen....but if hasboro comes with instructions like traxxas or other models do and they include a vidoe on how to tune it, break it in, and where to get parts then maybe younger kids wouldnt have a problem,....but then you got the neighbors lawn damage and the cops. so I dunno whats gonna happen
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
they look so cheapo and very weak....what about servos...what kinda steering will you get........hopefully the guys that get those find the REAL nitro r/cs and get into the REAL r/cs
[/SIZE]
Wow... This sucks I think...

What about that one that looks as if you can drive on either side? Won't it flame out? Geez... Next year there's gonna be another f'in class for these things at LH.... God I hope not.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
I might pick on up to see what a waste of money they are
[/SIZE]
That's it, I'm going to start flying airplanes.
Watch out for the new radio controlled superman toy...
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
I think they will be good for the hobby, more exposure. I can just see when a muffler comes off and the kid thinks it's cool because it's "LOUD" now. hehehe
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Revo2k Wrote:Watch out for the new radio controlled superman toy...

LOL I seen those at the mall today.

Dave, I would love to fly planes. It would definately have to be electric to start out because the nitro planes are so dam expensive, but then again so are these things.
If it's being released by Hasbro all of your questions/concerns have most likely been addressed by their focus groups prior to the decision to release the product.
so it's self tuning and tough as hell! sounds like a winner!
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
LMAO!!! I bet at the survey things it was kids playing with toy scale RC's who though gas ones would be cool. I highly doubt they got ahold of people from the hobby grade RC world.....
i can see it now, blown motors cuz little jimmy doesnt have a temp gun, burnt fingers, kids go blind cuz they think the fuel is kool aid, and a whole bunch of borken parts and dented cars...6 months later a fox news special report on the dangers of nitro rc....LOL
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Any RC that can run upside-down.....I'm getting one! No more marshalls!
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
LMFAO at the last 4 posts !! I couldnt agree more!!!!!!!

Just cuz a big corperation Thought it up doenst make it safe! LOL! Have any asbestos in your house!?!?! LOL!!!!

Seriously though I can see this doing two things.. Moving nitro r/c to more of a mainstream and then moving it backwords, i can see it turning into disgruntled parents who can keep them running. People upset that the engines are fragile if tuned wrong, burns on hot parts, SPINNING FLYWHEELS !, ect.....
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
Yes, I think it will probably be very easy to tune, have huge heatsinks that can't be touched, go pretty slow, and have an ez starter.

From what I've seen RC cars are not very kid friendly presently. I sure see the younger guys having a lot of trouble at LH with their vehicles. This might be a better entry vehicle. If early Traxxas models couldn't destroy the future of RC then I surely doubt this will.
On the link, it does say the cars will go about 25 MPH, not bad for a "Toy R/C", nowhere near what "Hobby R/C's" go, but for a starter, not too bad.

Also, it does say "For 16 and over". Not that MOST parents will pay attention to that, but it provides a little safety for the company when someone tries to complain that "My 5 year old son got hurt while running your product".
I'll keep my God, my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep "THE CHANGE."
thenewguy821 Wrote:On the link, it does say the cars will go about 25 MPH, not bad for a "Toy R/C", nowhere near what "Hobby R/C's" go, but for a starter, not too bad.

Also, it does say "For 16 and over". Not that MOST parents will pay attention to that, but it provides a little safety for the company when someone tries to complain that "My 5 year old son got hurt while running your product".
After hearing a woman say that she and her were suing Tonka because her kid fell off a Tonka Truck and needed stitches, that worries me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spring Fling May 9th Harbor Hobby - Winthrop Harbor IL chicagokenji 0 1,742 04-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  A Main hobby coupons!! - 07-02-2007 Mnster 3 6,787 06-26-2008, 09:42 AM
Last Post: Bostak
  Getting back in the hobby! TowShen 5 1,412 02-18-2006, 06:59 PM
Last Post: rocco79
  Power Hobby More Juice 2 1,234 02-15-2006, 03:23 PM
Last Post: More Juice
  A Main hobby coupons!! Sh1nn3r 6 6,175 02-09-2006, 09:59 PM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  Good Hobby Shops in Chicago Warmac 16 3,078 11-25-2005, 10:24 AM
Last Post: Nexus
  new hobby town firesprink281 29 4,481 09-30-2005, 08:59 AM