Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird Problem!!!!
Well here is my problem. Today i was running my truck, and wrecked it pretty hard. I ended up stripping all the screws out of the motor mounts and broke the bellcrank in the process. Now, when i go to start the motor with the easy start. It makes a rally wierd clanking noise. I'm not sure if its the motor, or the ez start. When i take the glow plug out, and try turnning the motor over, it sounds like it normally would. But once i put the glow plug back in it, it starts sounding like crap again. The red and black wires that go to the starter managed to somehow greak off the front of it. So i just stripped the wires and wrapped them arouond the little prongs for now, untill i get a pull starter fot it. I'm hopeing i didnt jack the motor all up in this little accident i had. Does anyone have any idea what is going on here? I'm thinking it the starter, but not sure. late
Open up the motor and take pics.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
hey welcome to the boards......what did you run into??

take the motor out and put the glow plug in and turn it over and see if it makes the weird noise still.....i think its your starter when i used the starter it started to make that weird noise also.
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
well, i got a t-maxx with a 3.3 on it. I just bought the truck about a month ago. But when i was out bashing the shit out of it today. I decided to take it full speed through the grass(that had a big hole in the middle of it) and ended up flipping it several times. The motor mount had only had 2 screws holding it in the first place. But that besides the point. I will try to get some pics of the motor on here ASAP. But is it possible that when i put the glow plug in, that the starter is trying harder than what it would be with it out, and making a strange knocking noise? I will try to get some pics on sunday...Just bare with me though, i got a full weekend planned. And I'm not happy that i cant take my truck with me. Talk about addicted, i love this thing. Anyways, take it easy
Go get a pull start and glow ignitor and have fun- no more cheezy start.
I don't know how to describe the noise, but when my engine was flooded or stuck at TDC the e-z start is supposed to like "slip" and not try and turn the engine over and all you hear is the gears. Try unflooding the engine or put the piston at the bottom and then try to start it.
i have the 3.3 that i just brok in yesterday and I decided to do it with the pullstart.....BAD idea....it got stuck at TDC 4-5 times and i had to use a flat head and hit the flat head pretty hard with the hammer to get the flywheel to turn over. I cut up my finger from trying to sart it....lol

you should allways run 4 screws on the mount. how old is the motor?
[/SIZE]
Well, the engine will actually start up. It will take longer than usual, and when it starts, it sounds fine. But you never know i guess. I guess its best to assume its probably the stupid starter. That thing hasn't worked out to be the best from the very start anyways. So now it looks like I'm gonna have to have a good 100 dollars to get this thing running again. Great, now i will have an over all total of 900 dollars into this thing already. traxxas does some shotty work on some of their parts. I think if i had a choice now, i would of went with the revo. But the tmaxx is a beast and can eat some shit up. I still love it.. later
yeah I used to have a maxx until i said the he!! with it.....because i had about 900 in less than a year....and now its all parted out.....I went with the revo best thing i ever bought in MT. I barely break things on there.....great truck this truck (revo) can take way more beating than the maxx.....allthough the suspnesion wears a lot on me and i allways have to buy new linkages. but every truck has their weaknesses
[/SIZE]
Comon guys within a 2 weeks of my new truck, I spend $400 on it! lol
Revo2k Wrote:Comon guys within a 2 weeks of my new truck, I spend $400 on it! lol

Is that alot???Wink Wink Wink (j/k i know your young!)
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mugen problem motoxer4life 19 2,835 07-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Last Post: motoxer4life
  Revo rear Diff problem son1cn 26 5,239 11-17-2006, 11:08 PM
Last Post: son1cn
  Servo Problem??? maxx-breaker 0 774 08-01-2006, 08:47 PM
Last Post: maxx-breaker
  Funky Weird New Bodies in the UK chicagokenji 4 1,225 06-25-2006, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Tex
  LST problem t to the maxx2 5 1,273 05-14-2006, 06:18 PM
Last Post: thenewguy821
  Another Spektrem problem CRACKHEAD 8 1,655 01-09-2006, 11:40 PM
Last Post: UE-Maxx
  spektrum receiver problem RobH 13 2,480 01-09-2006, 04:10 PM
Last Post: MX_KEVIN
  got a tiny problem north_shore_racer 4 998 11-20-2005, 02:54 AM
Last Post: north_shore_racer
  Dang it, first problem appears with the revo. Mr. Tune 22 3,111 06-04-2005, 03:20 PM
Last Post: rocco79
  Diff Problem on my XXXT Notochord 2 1,462 05-25-2005, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Notochord