Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I stop bashing...
So I stop bashing, and start racing my race truck, and this is what happens.

[Image: cnchub.jpg]
SOLD: BCE Pro X1-CRT Truggy, Dace Predator/Unlimited Engineering towered VBS Supermaxx
Current: Nitro Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4, Nitro Traxxas Slash
Did that happen at the track? It's not like the cars aren't pushed hard on the track.
Yeah it did, about an hour ago.
SOLD: BCE Pro X1-CRT Truggy, Dace Predator/Unlimited Engineering towered VBS Supermaxx
Ouch. Atleast you will find out which parts break more and will need to keep those stocked up in your pitbag.
If I have to keep spare $80 knuckles in my pitbag, somethin up. I'm waiting till king headz releases their knuckles.
RobH Wrote:If I have to keep spare $80 knuckles in my pitbag, somethin up. I'm waiting till king headz releases their knuckles.

Nevermind on that, LOL. Do you know if KHZ is in the works of making them or you just know that they plan on it?
They plan on it. Better be out soon LOL
Keep bugging them. LOL
Maybe I should be a product tester Tongue

Noticed my rear shock tower is slightly bent. Must have been one of those backflips I didn't bring all the way around.
A bent tower can keep the shocks from working properly. When I bent my front tower at the track, my shocks wouldn't rebound at all.
maybe it was already cracked from a bash session and finally broke on the track.
[Image: mich1iy1.jpg]
Michowski Wrote:maybe it was already cracked from a bash session and finally broke on the track.

I haven't bashed in over a month.

Oh well, this is the first part on the truck I auctually have a reason to upgrade now lol
Wow wtf did you hit!
Mugen MBX5T Prospec
RB C6bb/O.S. Speed
Hitec 5955
Futaba s9351
Jr Z-1
http://www.frontlinetec.com

Soo easy a cave man can drive it Mooooooooooogen
The ground.
IMO it was damaged or weakened earlier then. If it was indoors I would have guessed wall but that shouldn't be normal outside.
I bet it was the triple that did it, just came off squirrely and landed on one wheel.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Revo2k Wrote:I bet it was the triple that did it, just came off squirrely and landed on one wheel.

exactly.
I broke mine in the exact same spot. It happened the same way landing a triple on the left front wheel. That part is of poor design. If you look at the break in the picture (the white areas) there is support going perpendicular to the bearing but paper thin on the parallel edge. This part should not break. The c hubs or the arms should break first.
Hopefully King Headz fixes that flaw.
RobH Wrote:Hopefully King Headz fixes that flaw.

Are the King products more expensive than OEM stuff?

If you are going to race you'll find the track will put your vehicle thru things it never had happen before. Another poster mentioned another possible problem with something else in the suspension.....find out.....

Setup is huge when racing. If various parts of your vehicle aren't working properly or setup properly you are going to have breakage and poor performance.

Your truck/buggy was put thru a rigorous product development phase before it was manufactured. My guess is the part that broke on you can withstand regular racing.

The hobby industry wants you to spend tons of money on upgrades, and the little secret is that more often than not an "upgrade" isn't going to make you win races.

There's racing...there's bashing....there's bling factor......equipt your vehicle for what you want to do with it.
chicagokenji Wrote:Are the King products more expensive than OEM stuff?

depends on what parts.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Noobie looking for dirt track/bashing Z2_Cantilever 5 5,786 10-29-2010, 06:16 PM
Last Post: firesprink281
  Bashing Rawkfist_02 15 2,402 05-11-2007, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Michowski
  Micro t bashing grounds t to the maxx2 4 1,057 01-10-2007, 11:17 PM
Last Post: xxxnt with trx 2.5
  Bashing tires? Beeeech 10 1,875 05-06-2006, 12:19 AM
Last Post: Beeeech
  Bashing in -20 degree weather Apie 10 1,817 02-24-2006, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Apie
  Good bashing session 09/04 RCDad 4 1,383 09-05-2005, 02:11 PM
Last Post: RCDad
  Some light bashing caught on tape... DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 0 1,154 06-13-2005, 02:44 PM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  What a great bashing spot!! RCDad 12 2,475 06-04-2005, 12:31 PM
Last Post: RCDad
  Todays Bashing Results NitroNoob 12 2,919 10-14-2004, 08:05 AM
Last Post: NitroNoob