Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IS 2 classes 2 many...
Man guys I have a dilmea. Raced a Leisure Hours today, and ran scale and AT. There where 7 heats today. SO I races 2 and marshalled 2, so that left three races to try and fix or adjust anything, and that is if you dont have to pit for someone else racing.

So I am contiplating on going down to 1 class, the bad thing is which one. It is like every other week I do well with the other one. Last time it was the buggy, to I really like driving the AT.

It just makes me think woudl I be better if I just race one class, more time to try out different things, and maintain the vehicle better.

Anyways just kinda venting and wondering if anyone else felt this way, and if they did/do what did you do.

(Let the ripping and smart ass comments begin!!! 8^) )
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
race buggy only for club races, and race both at big races, It is a real bitch to try and figure stuff out and fix anything when u only have a race or two in between. but hey i run TTRs so they dont need fixing right??? LOOL
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
pussy.......
TEAM DENTTEK HACKING OUR WAY TO THE TOP!!!!!!

THE ANGRY PEAR IS BACK
why buggy only?

I am B main racer as I was today. In both truggy and buggy. I do better with truggy, especially lately the CRT fits me better than the lsp. So today I contended and bumped to the A, with Rich. Btw we had a killer duel going would have loved to watch it on the sidelines. And with Buggy I am a B racer on a slow day, big events D or E main if I am lucky....
stop it John or I will sell one of them.....
because u will never get better just racing truggy, buggy will make u faster in both classes

how was the engine today george

I think do what Mike said but change it a bit- do whichever you like best at small events, and run both at the big stuff...

Really it's up to you though.

I know that it was hard for me, the 15 y.o. unemployed american to support 2 trucks, with maintence and all. That's why I went down to 1 truck a time.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
I know racing should be fun, but so is winning lol I think that buggy is harder to drive, If u can be good in buggy u can be great in UMT just IMO tho

Radical ran great, super smooth. I added a shim in the pipe and it woke up the top end. Temps are still in the 23-240 raange though with pleanty of smoke and zero flameouts all day...
WTF lol why wont mine do that!

How about leaving one home onc in awhile. Today's turn-out wasnt really the average. 7 heats @ LH isnt the norm is it ? Switch'um around once in awhile. I think you'd regret selling off one of them later down the road. Big races, would be bored off your butt sitting around.
Mike you still having probs with your engine.

The Ninja ran awesome today to once I changed the dead glow plug....
ya but i found that i have had a small hole in my airfilter neck, dont know for how long, that may explain the dirt in my motors Sad

On days when it's less busy, say less than 10 heats, run only one. Remember rockpile a few weeks back? That why I didn't run the LSP. I would have had to run around crazy trying to get my stuff ready, plus we already had a shortage of pit guys helping out.

Today, I ran 2, and thank god I didn't break (well, at least until the end). I had no time to wrench between marshalling, racing, and helping pit others.
George. my 2 cents. Mikey is right the buggy is harder to drive so if you drove the buggy more you would or should get better. On the other hand if you drove two classes you would have more track time which also would make you better. So now you have to look at. what is more fun? If you run two classes and nothing breaks you had a good time. and if you won both of your classes you had a better time. but add a broken axle on one and a bent shock shaft on the other. your day has gone dog poo. Now we look at just running one class. you have your buggy in front of you. its running good nothing has broken. you look at the clock and you have 35 minutes before your up again. so now do you want to sit and wait or do you go watch your friends run their trucks and wish you had run your truck also. that is fun. Right?
you should keep both. run what you think you can handle on that race day If it's a slower day with less then say 8 heat. run what you do the best at practice, truck or buggy. If it's more then 8 run them both because you'll get board waiting with just one class.Big Grin
I say keep both but pick and choose what you want to race and when....
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
way to preach the truth reverend Bernie...... 8^)
If I had to choose one it would be 1/8 scale because that is were most of the competiton is and will only make you faster. Bernie is right thou, if there are a lot of heats or you go to a big race, you are going to want to run multiple classes so you don't have so much down time.

Try running 3 classes with only 7 heats, now that's fun!! LOL
Was yesterday fun running two vehicles? Would it be just as fun with only one? Once doing this isn't fun it's time to make some changes.

A few years back when me and the two boys had just started racing I asked myself "why is this fun?". My answer to myself was that we all enjoyed racing RC vehicles. So I created a goal. The goal was:

Do whatever it takes to keep all three of us in all qualifying races and main races.

So that meant keeping three vehicles up and running for a whole day.

It's gotten a little easier now that Coop the 14yr old can wrench on 70% of problems.

The biggest things that have helped me reach the goal:

1. knowing the vehicle...what parts and systems fail regularly, and keeping those parts in stock.

2. vehicle upkeep.....mainly done during the week, not at the track

3. practice time.....running the vehicle and tuning it for best track performance, hopefully during the week.

4. Having your whole race kit and vehicle ready to go and organized before going to the track, so that once you get to the track you have maximum practice time before racing begins.

5. Only make a change to your vehicle's setup if you can get 5 minutes of practice track time with the new change before having to race.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Classes at LH FreeRideFrosty 10 1,662 06-07-2006, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Tex
  Buggy classes? spdrcr999 1 777 01-23-2006, 01:49 PM
Last Post: RCDad
  Quick question on Classes at LHR bandit 18 2,570 01-08-2006, 04:13 AM
Last Post: db302