Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, I finally get into the A-mains...
This past saturday, I was the only one from the boards (of the people I know personally) who raced. The whole day I was worried about no one around to pit incase I made the a-main. Luckilly, newguy showed up right before the races, so I lucked out.

My stupid self though, ran a bunch during practice. I squeezed into the a-mains for the first time, so I was pretty happy. 3 laps into the race, my receiver battery dies on me :o! I was so mad. The truck had been running great, no breakage, and this happens.

My Lesson Learned: Charge the batteries before racing!!

How about the rest of you? Ever lose a race to something stupid like forgeting to charge the batteries like I did?
The first time I raced, in St Louis, My Maxx would not run at all through the qualifiers...
Got it to the main, and it would start, but die after a few feet... Six would follow my truck around the track, and re-start me. There were only 3 Smallblock trucks in the main, but I had to get in a full lap to get a trophy... after about a half lap of Six restarting me, my truck ran it's @$$ off.. took second place...

One day at Leisure, the LST broke before racing started, and the Mach had not been broken in on the Savage. My buddy was there with his savage, so I pulled out his engine, threw it in my truck, and ran... Ran great for the first qualifier, then blew the one-way bearing before the 2nd qualifier. My shock came, when I saw that I ran good enough in the first qual. to make the A-Main, and couldn't run...

Another time, with the LST, I wasn't aware of how bad the LST devoured Rx packs... Made it to the Mains, and the Rx pack dumped on me halfway through the race.
[How about the rest of you? Ever lose a race to something stupid like forgeting to charge the batteries like I did?]

I blew a qualifier a couple weeks ago because I forgot to put my personal transponder in. :o

TRC
This one time...Mr tune was street racing his old Cobra against this kids Z. Well, John was dragging him down the 1320, had him by at least 2 cars, when all of a sudden, around 50 ft from the finish line, he lets off and the Z blows by him. As it turns out, Someone marked the 1/4 a few feet too long, and John usually crosses at a certain rpm..so he decided it was over. And he paid. Lol. just busting balls
Mr. Tune Wrote:Deruinked psosting is fun guys! Please don't follow me exwsample, I'm a bda influende.
:joy:
This one time at band camp..........nevermind

I have done so many stupid things I can't even think of one. Smile
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
My buddy with the Monster GT ( Balt for those of you who know him) He was super pumped about racing at the dirtdawg Race, He had a new body , Power stroke shocks, New Mach .26 , New radio (the silver JR).... Well I he handed me his truck i started and the qualifier began and the truck looked good. On his SECOND lap around he jumped the table top and landed wheels up and the truck died. So i ran, got the truck and tried despratley to get it started again. I start it , it die. I start it , it die. I was like WHAT THE F*@CK!!! so i tore the body off to find a perfectly dry fuel tank..... I guess he was to excited to remember to fuel it back in the pits Big Grin

Ive forgot to attach shocks at the bottom that i had just replaced the shafts on so that the second that i started the truck and took off the new shafts looked like the letter L. Then theres forgetting to tighten a wheel all the way....... The list goes on and on.
double post---sorry
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
I have doen the empty fuel tank trick a few times myself. I always like when I forget to tighten down the glow plug and it backs itself out after a lap or too, thats always fun.
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new panther shirts finally out badmojo 21 2,784 02-24-2007, 05:53 PM
Last Post: rocco79
  Finally the XXX-NT AD2 for your pleasure salsaking 6 1,447 06-22-2006, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Ponch
  New toy finally showed up!!! 7THGENDMAN 9 2,841 04-27-2006, 08:54 AM
Last Post: 7THGENDMAN
  Finally a good starting gate! satoch 64 10,167 04-05-2006, 01:12 PM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  Finally Got A New Pipe UE-Maxx 30 4,193 02-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Racin' Ranger1
  finally nitrosmoker 0 783 02-04-2006, 04:59 PM
Last Post: nitrosmoker
  Finally bandit 2 1,307 11-18-2005, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Tex
  In honor of me getting into the a-mains... Mr. Tune 7 2,491 02-09-2005, 01:56 PM
Last Post: John78
  A savage in the A-mains at LH? Mr. Tune 5 1,548 02-08-2005, 10:02 PM
Last Post: rocco79
  Finally fixed the savage! Mr. Tune 5 2,616 09-08-2004, 11:43 PM
Last Post: Mr. Tune