Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I swap it?
Should I swap this motor in:popcorn:

Well, Waddya say, should I go 3.3 in my Pro.15 N4T and :racing: or am I just :crazy:

If I do, got any good high speed, good down force body suggestions,I'm thinking Viper SRT Coupe, C-6 Vette, Intrepid or Charger Oval body, HPI "Stocker", one of the HPI Lambo's (I'm still liking that Countach body:drool: ), or maybe the ProLine 200mm Lola.
I say go for it, just make sure you have a vid! And go for the Vette body. Smile
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
i hear that the pontiac G6 body has a ton of down force
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
do it! and get a good body. the enzo farrari bod was good and so was the the z06 vett.
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Chicago Local 281, protecting lives and property for over 100 years.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass, Fire sprinklers save your a$$
Mazda 6 from Protoform or HPI Stratus are also good racing bodies.
I've been thinking that the C-6 would be a great body from the first time I saw the real one. I've also got a painted and cut out original style Protoform Dodge Intrepid (one of about two dozen at Aurora when we took over!), but I have to wonder how well this body will do...........................
[Image: HPIM11312.jpg]

No I'm not expecting much, but I just had to askBig Grin :p:
If you're going drag racing, you should be fine. Otherwise, turning those fronts might be an issue!
It won't be slammed when I run it (or should I say destroy it)
you wont get any down force. i was running a '06 mustang body on mine for a while. and that was tough.you could also ask newguy how much a body matters. he had a nascar body on his ntc3 and i let him try the enzo body, huge difference.

i put one of those 3.3 in my jato. its very hard to keep that thing on the ground.
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Chicago Local 281, protecting lives and property for over 100 years.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass, Fire sprinklers save your a$$
Thats crazy fast. Lola T-530 body will provide the most downforce and is an outlaw class body for 1/10th scale. Now if the 3.3 qualifies then run it at the track. I think with that kind of power your gonna want a body with ample downforce. I am planning on getting the protoform vette body for my R40. I like the way it looks and it doesnt seem like alot of people are using it for a lid.
If you are racing a Nitro or Electric TC there are really only 2 bodies I would recommened.

Stratus or Mazda6 styles.

Someone mentioned the G6...that's more of an indoor foam tire body to compete vs. the Parma Alfa.
Anthony_ISLA
No competition for this car, it'll just be a high speed basher. I'll probably look for places like the stretch of seal coated asphalt behind the St. Charles store to run the car. When I had the car running a couple of years ago I just ran it like a Bonneville or Maxon (SP?) "land speed" car with occasional bouts of powersliding thrown in for grins.
Joe, I'd go for it! I would try the Saleen S7 body I think we have on sitting in the Naperville store.
We've got a few sitting over here at StC too, but I may have to put that on hold now. Dad and I were working on my Jeep yesterday and as Dad was swapping on new front brake pads he noticed the LF tie rod end boot was torn so I need to replace those first. I'll still send in the Pro.15 for an ERP though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Revo motor swap - Sirio 23 DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 5 1,514 01-11-2006, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Tex
  Motor Swap / HPI Dash NitroNoob 5 2,356 12-16-2004, 08:19 PM
Last Post: NitroNoob