Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kanai II Truggy Buildup
So I spilled the beans! Some of you already knew, but now everyone will! I got Six's K2 truggy. Now it's buildup time! Here's what I started with;

Thanks Six for this pic;

[Image: truggy_03.jpg]

Here's my new way of more securely mounting the rear body posts;

[Image: 100_0978.jpg]

And attached;

[Image: 100_0979.jpg]

Here's the nice looking not zip tied on front body mount lol;

[Image: 100_0980.jpg]

And the spektrum receiver and 1200 pack;

[Image: 100_0981.jpg]

The servo's for now; 2 JR 650's;

[Image: 100_0977.jpg]

The widened wing;

[Image: 100_0976.jpg]

And how it looks right now;

[Image: 100_0975.jpg]

[Image: 100_0974.jpg]

I will be adding more as more stuff comes in the mail. Smile Hopefully will be running within 2 weeks.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
John did you give him the trophy too!! J/k Have fun with that truggy/mutt!
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PAIN; THE INK AND THE JEWELRY ARE JUST SOUVENIERS
FYI u wont be able to run the LP's at any major races
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Man, I can't get enough of these patio set pictures! Get the cushions on those chairs!

Nice build up photo's, Matt. When do we get video of it attacking the garage?
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
There was a trophy that I didn't get that this truck won? I want my money back! Naa j/p...

Czech, I wasn't planning on it lol. The LP's worked ok on my savage, but I didn't like 'em that much. I have some Boa's getting ready for this truck when I remember to buy a wheel nut wrench lol.

Dave, there's no cushions for those....They're comfy as is. Smile
No attacking houses with this one unless it's somebody elses Big Grin
well if u change tires u gotta gear up the spur gear

good luck running full size MT tires..... you will need to do a lot of gearing changes. also look at the GS STORM SUT body mounts its a much cleaner look and a lot stronger......
TEAM DENTTEK HACKING OUR WAY TO THE TOP!!!!!!

THE ANGRY PEAR IS BACK
when CMEB4DK and I ran our K2 truggys we had to run 54 tooth spur gears
and had to make some custom raido trays to move the T/B servo over.
TEAM DENTTEK HACKING OUR WAY TO THE TOP!!!!!!

THE ANGRY PEAR IS BACK
JT Racing makes a conversion. there are a couple out there.

Six said that he had switched the ring/pinion gears from the Kyosho ones to the ones from the LSP, so it would easily be able to run MT tires with no problems...

I like how smooth this thing rolls with no motor yet! LoL I can just sit it on my driveway and it'll roll into the middle of the street...
Yes there is a trophy with that truck. But it was only partly because of the truck and the rest was driver.
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PAIN; THE INK AND THE JEWELRY ARE JUST SOUVENIERS
Did you get that STS .28 motor for $102 from RcMushroom? What about a backplate?
Good luck with racing a square. It will be the same with as it is long. As I have experience with a k2 truggy, it is a money pit that will never compete. I dont mean this in any bad way just sharing my experiences. It handled much better once I got the native arm kit, but thats an additional 250 or so. The suspension geometry is just not set up to run big tires.

Good luck in your adventure, as I had fun with mine but that was 2 years ago when there where no REAL truggies on the market.

To give you an honest opinion from a guy that turned an ofna mbx into a truggy then had a gs storm then a k2 (like yours) then a k2 with native arms then a LSP and now a CRT. I would sell it as it is or turn it back into a buggy and save for a newer truggy. It will be cheaper in the long run, plus you will be much happier....
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
The above statement was one filled with alottttta truth and might make it hard to swallow.... But it is, the truth 2k....

Im not saying you cant have fun with your new truck, but you are definetly starting out 2 or 3 steps behind ...
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
I understand that stuff....

I just don't get to the track often enough to see me dumping $800 into a CRT to get it running. I'm happy so far with this, and I don't care about not having a huge advantage over everybody else. I wanted something that was going to be good all around, basher and UMT, for a cheap price (like once I sold the revo I could get it running) so that is what I did. Amazingly, I have all the parts for it already coming to me except a pipe. I have motor, mount, airfilter, flywheel, shoes, clutch bell & bearings and clutch springs. I'm very happy because I still have money left over, and I'm going to probably buy the stuff to make it a buggy again so I can switch whenever I want to (haha so if one day at the track there's not enough turnout for one class I can switch hehehe). I know that I won't probably ever get 1'st with this or even make A-Main because of how tough I'm hearing the class is. But I was getting pretty bored with the revo and decided that it was time for change, and sometimes change can be good so we'll see.

I just hope my motor mount gets here soon, it's coming from hong kong because it was 1/2 the price of everywhere else for it.

Satoch, I got the sts with the bumpstart packplate from a guy on http://www.savage-central.com for $112 shipped brand new.
And...Does anybody sell/make an extended 7.5 chassis?
Woohoo! Within 10 minutes of listing my 3.3 motor on ebay for $105 BIN it got bought! So I bought a JP-2! This truck is complete! Dam! Two days after I buy the truck, it is theoretically running! Yeahhh!!!!
Looks good!! I like the changes you made to the body mounts too.

just to verify is does have LSP ring and pinions. When I bash it around I was running huge Maxx Mashers on it with a 13t Cb with no problems and a 17t CB with the LP's.

Also the white wheels with the LP's are CRT wheels. They don't have the massive offset like the other 2 sets of wheels I sold with the truck. If you are running larger tires be sure to get the Ofna Full offset rims.

just so you know too I had it setup to really turn on power. I usually keep files with the setups but the truggy was my general basher ocasional racer and I didn't keep up with the changes.

also just so ya know.. the front shocks are K2 shocks.. rears are from a Hyper 7 and in fact I still have the K2 shocks (bent shock shaft in one) here that I'll get to ya.

check your PM's Matt.
-- John --
1:1.. 01 Z28 Camaro A4 Sure.. its stock.
1:8's.. K3, Inferno GT, and a straight line beater car
1:18.. RC18t Mamba and 3s lipo
YGPM back man.Smile
Well hey man, i wasnt tryin to dis your ride... As long as your happy is all that matters... Good luck racing/bashing1 Have fun.... Its what its all about!

Time for a new screen name though bud!
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
As was I. Having fun is the main thing.... Just offering insight. Also remember that you will need to switch ring and pinion to go back to buggy.
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
Yep...Wasn't yelling at you guys lol...Sorry if it sounded that way...

And yeah I know that I need to switch the ring/pinion, that'll be a beesh. Mabye I'll pick up some spare diffs to put them in/on so they can just drop in.
Gotta bring that thing out to woodridge one of these days.
SOLD: BCE Pro X1-CRT Truggy, Dace Predator/Unlimited Engineering towered VBS Supermaxx
Current: Nitro Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4, Nitro Traxxas Slash
I have an idea. How about we race for pinks. We have a 5 challenge event and best 3 out of 5 takes home the other guys truck. We can have offroad track racing, onroad racing, drag race, durability on a big jump, and tug of war. Anyone interested? Race what you brung and no crying if you lose.
[Image: mich1iy1.jpg]
ill take ur ass up on that

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RC Truggy Jamara Alfonser 1 13,211 01-23-2019, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Koziol
  Insane little CRT .5 truggy with modded 18tz Thirdgen89GTA 4 2,555 04-25-2007, 11:56 AM
Last Post: slaytanic
  GTA's new Truggy. :) Thirdgen89GTA 10 3,750 10-02-2006, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Thirdgen89GTA
  CEN truggy video RobH 5 2,793 06-14-2006, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Racin' Ranger1
  Inferno GT Buildup (pics) SixVi6-Camaro 22 5,913 04-29-2006, 11:02 PM
Last Post: SixVi6-Camaro
  bashed my truggy today RobH 14 4,477 02-17-2006, 02:44 PM
Last Post: squirrel