Poll: VINTAGE RC - WHAT IS IT WORTH TO YOU?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No interest - it's all old garbage that needs to go.
13.33%
2 13.33%
Some interest - it's a curiousity. Neat to show the kids.
66.67%
10 66.67%
Definate interest - the past RC stuff is valuable and going up.
20.00%
3 20.00%
OMG, I can't get enough old RC stuff, sell me yours NOW!!
0%
0 0%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much interest is there in Vintage RC?
I know most of us have current, if not the newest, RC technology to run and race with, but how much interest is there in the older, vintage RC's?

Do people want to hang onto the history of the groundbreakers? Or are these older cars and trucks just outdated clutter that nobody gives a hoot about anymore? I see them as collectors items, not items to be used, as most of them can't hang with newer stuff.

Your thoughts, please and thank you.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
eh i wouldnt go dumping a ton of green into it, but some of it is cool to have for just the hey "i have one and u dont" factor
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
I think there is definite interest in vintage RC. There is a whole array of Vintage enthusiests in this hobby. Usually it's the seasoned older guys that are into it, not the kids. The older dudes appreciate/relate to it more because they remember when it was the hot thing out or they may have had one back in the day.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
My first was a Tamiya Frog. I wish I still had it ! I do still have the Lunchbox van I traded the frog for back when. I got the Frog in like 1985. I also have a couple of other oldies. They are more to show the technology differences in the new stuff. I don't run the oldies any more. Just keep them as a history lesson !!
I had a Tamiya Hornet and a 4wd Kyosho Optima way back when...I think the nostalgic stuff is making a comeback, if nothing else a good flashback.

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies
no interst here in old crap! lol!!!!!!
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
i have an old tyco that runs on AA"s that i got when i was 5! LOL

+1 rocco hahaha
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
In working on the old B2 I'm restoring I was surprised to learn that ESC's haven't been widely available for all that long....the old B2 used a giant resistor that burned off battery power to control the speed. That had to be great for battery runtime on batteries that already were undercapacity!

This stuff has come a long way in 5-6 years, for electrics anyway.
Dave, Speed controls have been around for a long time. It's just that back then none of the car kits included them. My Tamiya Boomerang Came with a mehcanical speed control (sucks), 17 years ago. My first mod was a Novak T4 speed control ($79.00) and a Trinity Monster mash motor ($34.99). I do agree that electrics have come a LONG way. Smile
yep, I had a Futaba ESC, circa 1990.....worked great!
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  U.S. Vintage Trans Am Nationals: April 12th, 2008 Nexus 0 1,596 02-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Nexus
  Interest in off-road club track in Elgin area? NuVision Mike 4 2,429 04-17-2005, 10:07 PM
Last Post: NuVision Mike