Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No reverse with Novak GTB brushless ESC?
I bought the Novak GTB 5.5r combo today and have not been able to access reverse.

I reset all of the travels for throttle to full travel on my Tx, I also moved the throttle trim to the middle. The trigger is at 70/30, thats the only setting it has, no digital or mechanical way to change it.

Basic setup. When I first plugged it in I held down the "one-touch setup" button and flipped the power switch on. This put the ESC into programming mode with a red LED.

I held the throttle at full forward till the green light came on.

I held it at full reverse till the green light blinked.

Once done I let the trigger return to neutral and it did a fancy blink and then the amber light came on.

The default programming is mode 1, no reverse there are 5 mods. Since i wanted reverse that left modes 2 and 5. Mode 2 is 100% reverse, mode 5 is 25% reverse.

Set it to mode 2 by holding the button down till all 4 LEDs came on. Then I pressed it once and the light blinked 2 times. 2 blinks followed by a long pause. I held the button down for 3 seconds and it set the mode.

I have full forward but no reverse. Tried the whole setup again. Same deal no reverse.

I then tried mode 5, which is 25% reverse. Same deal, no reverse at all.

Anyone have any tips?

[Image: novakgtb55r01.jpg]
[Image: novakgtb55r02.jpg]
Call Novak....
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Should I try exchanging it at my hobby shop for the same model. Maybe I got a bad one?

Either way its going to the hobby shop tomorow with the instructions to see if I am doing something wrong.
Novak replaced my old BL unit, out of warranty, for free. It took two weeks total.
You're never to old to be immature

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Novak syn rec, where to buy them? bubbaracing 6 2,448 03-25-2007, 09:00 PM
Last Post: bubbaracing
  found novak bl esc chips rusty savage 8 2,850 10-14-2006, 12:49 PM
Last Post: AddictedtoNITRO