Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking For Starter Box...
The thread was for a REVO starter box but I haven't found any offers for used equipment. So I have become adventurous and decided to build my own Revo box out of parts from anything I can find.

So anything that has is in working condition will be a good donor. Bad paint or rust is no big deal, as long as the thing spins.

Call me cheap, but this type of thing is fun for me.

PM or Post any info.....
Umm... I built one.... it didn't work. Best of luck.... but I would reccomend going with the RD racing one.
dan that thing was ghetto as hell hahahah
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Made a greeaattt screaching noise at the bash.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Hey.... it worked..... It just had a bit of a temper. After swearing at it it fired right up. LoL
Any pictures??
You don't even want to see it.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Please......
Revo2k Wrote:You don't even want to see it.

No... he's right. I rushed through it though. If I had taken my time it would have been fine. I milled a block of aluminum to raise the motor up. What I needed but never made was a new belt tensioner. After that I cut the lid to leave clearence for the motor/wheel out of the top. Like I said.... if I would have taken my time, made a tensioner, and cut the lid with a dremel rather than the available tin snips.... it would have worked fine. It probably wouldn't be hard for me to do again.
I've got a few ideas that could work. Like you said, do it slow and elimitate all of the mistakes. Best thing to do is get the donor first then start fitting things together.

Have you ever used the 2 stick pack battery config? Does it last the whole day or pooop out right away? Figure this would be the best way to save weight.
Don't look at me for saving weight. I ran that first box off of one of those car jump start boxes. It was major ghetto. My 1/8th scale box was run off of a gel cell.
the 2 stick packs will last u atleast an entire day

Hey if you buy one of my bikes I will fab one up that will work. :-p
I dunno,

Buying one ready to use verses making one from scratch that may not work right and weigh more---in the end it could cost more too.
Oh and the issue like stated above---is it really worth it?

Mark, just break down and buy one. There is more places than here to find one used.
Life is like Beavers, One Damn thing after another- Unknown
If your not breakin parts your not going fast enough-Biodragen

NTC3 RTR assoc .15
NTC3 OS .18

Losi 8T, JR8611a ST servo, Futaba 9350 Th\Brk Servo, RB-C6BB Motor and Novarossi 528XR.
Mark, when are you gonna learn being cheap doesn't pay? Buy a new RD box and a gel cell and be done with it. Oh yeah, and break down and get rid of that TQ3 and cheap servos on that 3.3 and you might finish the race. :-)
I have two starters boxes, one that uses two 7.2v battery packs(primary) and the other uses a gel cell(Backup). Only difference I've found between the two, is that I can charge the sticks in 30 minutes on a peak charger(if I have too), oppose to over night with the gel. Oh and the weight difference is noticable when your hauling over a hundred pounds. Don't skimp out, get a good box.Smile
I concur.
I have the gel cell in my box and I use a charger that does not charge it over night. Besides if you charge it the night before---you should have no problems then.
This same charger I use, I can run off that gel cell to charge my Lipo pack or any other type of battery.
Yeah it may be a bit heaveier but from what I see you bringing to the track...go gel cell in my book and definalty don't cheap out on the servos either along with that radio.

Like Bruce said---it doesn't pay to be cheap and this is one of those times.

NTC3 RTR assoc .15
NTC3 OS .18

Losi 8T, JR8611a ST servo, Futaba 9350 Th\Brk Servo, RB-C6BB Motor and Novarossi 528XR.
Biodragen Wrote:I have the gel cell in my box and I use a charger that does not charge it over night. Besides if you charge it the night before---you should have no problems then.
This same charger I use, I can run off that gel cell to charge my Lipo pack or any other type of battery.
Yeah it may be a bit heaveier but from what I see you bringing to the track...go gel cell in my book and definalty don't cheap out on the servos either along with that radio.

Like Bruce said---it doesn't pay to be cheap and this is one of those times.
So.... how long does it take to charge your 12v cell?
It's Marke, not Mark guys...sheesh...j/k

Marke has built a one-off t-maxx from scratch (literally, each part he made), I think a starter box would be easy for him. Like stated though the time and money spent will probably equal the cost of a ready to go box, like RD Racing
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
When I first got it---it still had some what of a charge.
It took about 2+ hours.
Now after a few days of use and using the glow starter also
it takes about 60 to 75 minutes on my Multiplex charger

Thanks tex
I knew that

NTC3 RTR assoc .15
NTC3 OS .18

I was only using the TQ3 radio for the time that my Hitec receiver was in for warranty work. I actually had good luck with that radio over the years - just a back up. i don;'t really knock the 2 625s either. I actually need one more for the T/B. The trucks new. I'll upgrade as I go.

My father and all of his friends were machinists when I was just young. I learned quickly that building stuff from a piece of bare metal was a good way to get just what you need. Designing and building gives you a way to get something you just can't buy.

Bruce - take a look at the Revo Clutch thread of mine. Maybe you have something to add. The clutch could be why the Revo wasn't all there last Saturday. Maybe the motor is actually OK. I hope you at Thunder RC on June 104th.
Check out this one that i found:
[Image: 19_12.jpg]
Hollllllyy @#$&#)(&!!

Where did you get that one from????
ghetto baby....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mugen/Novarossi/Proline/Panther/Tmagic/Starter boxes/TONS NEW parts/Airtronics PICS! rocco79 16 5,531 01-09-2011, 10:12 PM
Last Post: snakebite46
  Wtb..1/8 Th Scale Buggy Tires For On Road And Starter Box eraser 4 1,554 07-31-2007, 05:35 AM
Last Post: pwnzor
  WTB starter box in good condition eraser 1 959 07-16-2007, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Tex
  ofna starter boxes chickenfarmer3 21 3,439 06-07-2007, 06:35 AM
Last Post: chickenfarmer3
  WTB (ASAP) : Starter shaft for Picco .26 or cheap big block to buy ! R.F.D 2007 3 1,282 05-27-2007, 09:36 AM
Last Post: R.F.D 2007
  RTR Starter car willitbme15 5 1,387 05-26-2007, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Rawkfist_02
  Mugen 1/8 Off-road Starter Box - (SOLD) UE-Maxx 3 1,363 05-26-2007, 01:50 PM
Last Post: chickenfarmer3
  FS OFNA 1/10 & 1/8 Stainless Steel Starter Box - (SOLD) MX_KEVIN 3 1,499 05-26-2007, 12:46 PM
Last Post: MX_KEVIN
  FS, Mugen offroad starter box, SLOW REVO 8 1,547 04-25-2007, 07:15 PM
Last Post: SLOW REVO
  mugen p0230 starter boxes SLOW REVO 1 894 04-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Sh1nn3r