Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
would this work?
[Image: jatoplow.jpg]
no, we dont get snow in chitown anymore
[Image: mich1iy1.jpg]
When was the last time we got snow here? 1996?
Smile
Now in Seriousness...

A few people have put plows on their trucks with the thought of making "Winter chores" easier, but in reality, it is not very functional.

First of all, the Jato is only 2WD, so it will not get much traction. Even if you go with a 4WD truck (T-Maxx, Savage, Revo, etc.) It still would be limited by the weight of the truck. A 10 lb. truck will only push about 5 lbs of snow or less. Not to mention all the extra stress that would be put on the drivetrain and engine.

In a VERY light dusting of snow, it makes a kinda cool video, but it definately will NOT make shoveling the sidewalk or driveway any easier.
I'll keep my God, my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep "THE CHANGE."
you could probably spread mulch with it.
chase cats
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Chicago Local 281, protecting lives and property for over 100 years.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass, Fire sprinklers save your a$$
Chase little siblings >=D
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Well what if you put that on a crawler
Life is like Beavers, One Damn thing after another- Unknown
If your not breakin parts your not going fast enough-Biodragen

NTC3 RTR assoc .15
NTC3 OS .18

Losi 8T, JR8611a ST servo, Futaba 9350 Th\Brk Servo, RB-C6BB Motor and Novarossi 528XR.
A crawler generally has more Torque, and Theoretically could push more weight, but it would still be limited because of the light weight of the truck. There is minimal Downforce for the truck to dig in and get traction. Rather than Push the snow, it would just climb up it. Pulling would be a different story though. When Pulling, the resistance causes the the shocks to compress, putting more weight (traction) to the wheels.

Watch when a Truck Pushes something, the resistance causes it to raise up. This results in less traction. When that same truck tries to Pull something, the resistance pulls the truck Down, causing the tires to dig in better.
I'll keep my God, my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep "THE CHANGE."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Got something new at work today BJoe 12 3,235 11-15-2008, 11:04 PM
Last Post: BJoe
  What I see on my way to work RCDad 20 3,119 04-11-2006, 03:31 AM
Last Post: RCDad
  Revo re-work Obsessive R/C 15 2,749 01-21-2006, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Obsessive R/C