Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
User Beware
I talked at length with the owners of The Hill BMX Track in Elgin last week.

I called them to find out if it was OK to go there with the RC trucks and got bad news from them. Didn't want any trouble from anyone.

The were very clear to say that no-one is allowed to bring their RC trucks out on the track.

The police will help you leave if they find you there.

"Not on Race day or any other day..." This group leases the property from the Elgin Park District and have all the rights to its use / and mis-use.

Sorry to end everyone's plans early but I figured ya' all should know that it's not allowed there.

Sorry for the bad news.:confused: :confused:
I can't say that I am surprized. They probably fear the place getting overrun with buzzing nitros and all.
You're never to old to be immature
It's more of a liability insurance issue than anything, no doubt.
I wouldn't have called and asked, I would have just gone. Why bring it to their attention?
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
On the way out last year a buddy and I passed a cop who was on his way back to the track. We broke early and left there after about 45 minutes. Never did know if he was going there to chase us out. So, I guess you could figure about 30 minutes before anyone actually told you to leave. Plus, there isn't anyone actually there at the park on off days - racing on Saturday and Tuesday nite - so you could have some time before any trouble came in.

The main reason for the big "NO" was because the nitros mess up the track and it costs them time and money to repair it.

Technically, the lady was really nice. She said they concidered building an RC Track where the forest is now. But never really put it into motion.
yea i woundnt have called eathier then they will look for us..
looking for something new to buy.... like a lst2 or something let me know what u got..................
Well... that blows. I had a blast when I went there. I was planning on taking some time off this summer and driving over just to bash there.

Figures...
I would still go.....
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
It's definitely worth the trip. I was planning on going there alot this summer. They won't know me anyway because I told them I wanted to know if I could bring my kids there to have some fun - and I don't have any kids that I know of.

Figure a 30 to 45 minute window at least....
And then just have a different body for your truck and a change of clothes, go to wendys, eat, get changed, and go back out!
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
i wanna go to....they cant do anything to us if thier is no damage
looking for something new to buy.... like a lst2 or something let me know what u got..................
Well they can have you removed for trespassing on private property... or if that is nothing then you are right. The thing is that they can do something but if you are respectful if/when they ask you to leave I doubt there would be a problem.
There should be no reason for a forcefull removal, unless your ignorant.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
The police have every right to do whatever is necessary if you refuse to move....ignorant or not.

If you refuse to move they can do what's necessary to remove you.

---

At that point why not just head up to Leisure or IRP...both have large outdoor tracks. The outdoor track at IRP is open this Saturday weather pending.
Anthony_ISLA
Anthony,

Is IRP going to prep the dirt for racing. I thought their forums had some info about the dirt track, saying it wasn't for sure if they were going to run a dirt racing schedule?

Dave
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:Anthony,

Is IRP going to prep the dirt for racing. I thought their forums had some info about the dirt track, saying it wasn't for sure if they were going to run a dirt racing schedule?

Dave

Dave,

They plan to race if the weather is nice enough and people show up. It doesn't look like it will be some "blue groove" high traction track like Leisure....but hey it's offroad Smile

Here are the latest pics someone took of the track
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hartmanbli...e2&.src=ph
Anthony_ISLA
Nice that looks good for elec Smile
Go Fast Or Go Home
That looks like they put a lot of work into it! Might have to get out there. It's the same time to go to DeKalb as it is to Joliet, for me.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
Nexus Wrote:The police have every right to do whatever is necessary if you refuse to move....ignorant or not.

If you refuse to move they can do what's necessary to remove you.

---

At that point why not just head up to Leisure or IRP...both have large outdoor tracks. The outdoor track at IRP is open this Saturday weather pending.

I believe you misunderstood what I was saying. I meant if the owners ask you to leave, then leave, they shouldn't have to call the cops on you. If you struggle to leave when asked the first time then your a bit ignorant IMO.
We on the same page now?
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Yea Smile

I thought you were saying something else. Tongue

Anyway if I'm there and cops show up it's all good...

Most who know me know I'm a 'donut eater' too
Anthony_ISLA
What is IRP?

I've gone to AJ's here in dekalb a couple times over the past 2 years. Whenever I go, they tell me the off road track is closed. They also don't seem to be all the friendly... especially after I told them all I do is bash.
olds97_lss Wrote:What is IRP?

I've gone to AJ's here in dekalb a couple times over the past 2 years. Whenever I go, they tell me the off road track is closed. They also don't seem to be all the friendly... especially after I told them all I do is bash.

IRP is Intense Raceway Park.

AJ sold the place to Shane and Mike who were regulars there. The place is completely different now that racers are actually running the place.

The offroad track is indeed open and the indoor and outdoor tracks have been reworked. Shane is pretty friendly and would be glad to have some bashers running MTs, Truggys or whatever.

http://intenseracewaypark.com/
Anthony_ISLA
I had plans to go over there to the Hill since i use to race my BMX Bike there a long time ago when i was like 12. It looks like it would be fun with a truck, but i know they don't like them there. If you want some huge jump the McHenry Zone Bike/Skate Park in McHenry is great for that. They have cement and wood sections to the park, and they have a bowl. I had my revo out there once and the bowl is amazing in second gear lol.
-Pete
Do you have a street intersection for that? I'm going to watch the hill's website for the season close date and then go there a week or two afterwords.
I don't have it, but its on Route 31. Its right by a huge bank, i'm sure if you just type it into google maps you can find it.
-Pete