Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting 6v to my servos...?
Hi all ,

Kevin was telling me somthing about how to run servos at 6v by powering the reciever diffrently. I forgot what it was but is anyone else running there servos at 6v? Thanks Matt
If you get a 5 cell reveiver pack, you'll be running them at 6v. That's what most of us do here.
Your revo came with a 5 cell receiver pack, your servos are already getting 6V's
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
What radio are you running? If it's a JR, you're only getting 4.8 volts to the
servos unless you put the battery plug into one of the channel slots.

I can explain in more detail if needed....

TRC
Technical RC Wrote:What radio are you running? If it's a JR, you're only getting 4.8 volts to the
servos unless you put the battery plug into one of the channel slots.

I can explain in more detail if needed....

TRC

I run a JR (on the savage). I'd like to request addition detail.
JR's use a resistor (correct me if I'm wrong) on the batt terminal to reduce voltage to prevent a short.
Thats what i've heard in the past.
If you ARE NOT using channel 3 on your receiver
plug the battery pack in there.

---OR---

If you ARE using channel 3, plug a y-adapter into channel 3
and then plug the battery and servo into the y-adapter.
You can use the Traxxas y-adapter part #2046. It's only
about 4 bucks and it's very sturdy.

TRC
I'm using a jr and im not using reverse so i will try what tech rc is saying....I'l test it with my meter both ways to see what the diffrence in voltages is. Ty
Thanks TechRC for the info. I did notice they picked up more speed. I put the FOC on the revo at the same time. No more christmas lights under the hood

Hey, your setup was On at the end of your main. I think you piched up 2 secs a lap plus much more consistant whithout those darn shocks... Rolleyes

Great time and great race
Quote:If it's a JR, you're only getting 4.8 volts to the
servos

That's the first I've heard of that, maybe I should have read the owners manuals better...

Looks like I'm going to be picking up a "Y" connector for the LST, and switching the battery location on the Savage. Hopefully this will help pick up some steering...

Thanks Tech....
put my volt meter to the reciever and its putting out 6.2 volts to the servo in either position(3rd channel and battery)...just wanting to make sure this new servo s getting the right amount of juice. Wink
ATA_Thrash Wrote:put my volt meter to the reciever and its putting out 6.2 volts to the servo in either position(3rd channel and battery)...

What receiver are you using? I just verified what I told you with a couple of
my JR RS300 receivers. It was ~5volts going to the servos with the
plug in the battery slot and ~6volts going to the servos with the plug
in the channel 3 slot.

TRC
rs 310 i have a rs 300 in the mayhem ill check that one too.
ok i checked the voltage on the rs300 and there is a 1 volt diffrence if u run power to the battery connection vs the 3rd channel. Earlyer today i swaped out the stock servos on the revo and now im using 1 hitec. So i right away used the spliter on the 3rd channel so i can run a transponder when i get one Wink So tech is right unless u have the 310 reciever which comes with the pro xs3 ure loosing 1 volt!
They must has re-designed the RS310. That's a good thing.
The reason I discovered the 1 volt drop was because it
messes with the Optidrive on the Revo making it think the
receiver battery it dead all the time.

TRC
ahh ok thats why kevins revo light was blinking red then...i ditched the opti drive when i put the rs310 in since i dont use reverse (servo went out) but i figure thats best anyway for racing.
I tried it tonight at the track it makes a huge difference
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Digital servos? hansarvin 44 5,039 09-30-2007, 06:25 PM
Last Post: allan42r
  What are some good steering servos? Traxxas_Junkee 6 1,345 12-30-2005, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Ponch
  high speed servos Biodragen 37 4,887 12-21-2005, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Eracer76
  Micro servos DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 4 1,213 12-19-2005, 03:24 PM
Last Post: t to the maxx2
  Hitec Servos!?? TowShen 5 1,935 09-23-2004, 05:15 PM
Last Post: TowShen