Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Hitec Servo
Hey was shopping for servos what do u guys think of this?.....[http://www.hitecrcd.com/Servos/HS5998TG.htm
Does that require a digital radio? :confused:
No, it won't require any special radio. I wonder why they went with
bushings on this servo instead of bearings? Seems kinda weird.

TRC
I've never really researched this and this thread raises a question for me.

Generally speaking, there's anolog and digital servo's. I do know of the performance gains when switching to digital and that they're more power hungry than the their analog counter parts. What I do not know, is there a special requirement for recievers or radio's to use them? Or can you simply drop them in and use them with existing electronics?
From my experiance with my servo the manual pointed out by model name the 2 recievers it was not compatible with. And with a Digital RX/TX you can adjust more stuff with more accuracy then with an analog one. But that is my Hitec servo I'm not sure with other Mfg's. Hope this helps..
--------------------------------
"Work hard! Play Hard!"
--------------------------------
HPI Savage SS stock
+Ofna Servo Saver
AE RC18T RTR stock
+Trinity Micro Monster Motor
+Losi Mini-Smasher Tires
I dropped my digital Futaba servo right in my truck with no changes to the radio system. I have since used a Air Blazer sport (am) radio and a Futaba t3PDF (fm) radio, both worked fine.

They do definitely drain your receiver batts faster. I was running two digitals on my truck, one on TH/Brake, one on steering and I was only getting about 5 tanks before a fully charged pack would dump on me.

I have since switched to a analog servo for TH/Brake and I get about 8-9 tanks before needing a recharge now. BIG difference
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
I think il opt for a analog servo then I have a 645 mg i think in my t maxx, its turns the wheels with authority, so 2 of those in my revo should be quite nice. Just though maybe this one might have sounded like it might acutally be reliable. but its probly double the price would be guess.
One note with digital servos.

You must make sure you turn your radio on before turning recvr on, and also turn recvr off before radio off. Otherwise you will fry your servo instantly.
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
Wow I never knew that, I've turned them on/off backwards alot of times. I'll remember that tip though. I do usually turn the TX on first.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
digital servos have much better and stronger centering. They center so fast and recheck their position soo many times a second they make buzzing sound instead of a kind of grinding sound that analog servos make then they are centering. basically digital servos are much more prescise and powerfull the main drawback is the huge amount of power they take.

I run a digital servo for steering and use just a regular servo for throttle/brake. Using a digital servo in throttle brake sucks a ton of power because of the amount of power the brake side uses so I find it better to use an analog servo instead. you don't need any special RX's or TX's or anyhitng to run a digital servo. Digital and analog only refers to the way the srervo interperts the information it recieves from the signal wire commign from the RX.

oh yeah Hitec's most powerfull standard size servo is this one.

http://www.servocity.com/html/hsr-5995tg...orque.html

I believe its the most powerfull standard sized servo on the market right now with 333oz of toruqe!
-- John --
1:1.. 01 Z28 Camaro A4 Sure.. its stock.
1:8's.. K3, Inferno GT, and a straight line beater car
1:18.. RC18t Mamba and 3s lipo
Good info guys.... Smile
Ohhh my god!!! A sevo with 417oz. of torque!!!! Thats sick!!!
yeah I saw that servo at the Ihobby show. Awesome
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Motor, ESC, servo for on-road? mikeh 6 2,030 06-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Ponch
  Bad day to be a servo son1cn 21 2,718 01-21-2007, 08:28 PM
Last Post: kevinF
  Servo Problem??? maxx-breaker 0 774 08-01-2006, 08:47 PM
Last Post: maxx-breaker
  1/8 scale buggy steering servo?? cjmaxignasze 11 2,518 04-05-2006, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Tex
  Mini-T ESC/Servo Question BJoe 4 1,203 03-29-2006, 09:52 PM
Last Post: BJoe
  LSP Dual steering servo setup??? Ponch 13 2,496 02-17-2006, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Ponch
  Attn servo return/exchange experts... Eracer76 11 1,919 12-30-2005, 11:50 AM
Last Post: BlackWolf42
  Steering servo Traxxas_Junkee 15 2,469 11-26-2005, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Traxxas_Junkee
  New Hitec 645 was bad! RCDad 20 2,770 08-22-2005, 11:43 AM
Last Post: ATA_Thrash
  Steering Servo? Fast or strong? What's better? DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 15 3,167 08-07-2005, 12:44 PM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4