Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sound deadening!!
I just wanted to post how sweet fatt matt is! I just put 30sq/ft in my front doors on my xb. holey moley what a difference!!!! I can crank my 6.5 momo's and its super clear! just in time for the trip to campmaxx. I was going to do the whole car and put my kicker in back but I dont have the time and space right now to gut the car plus I need the space to bring all my crap to st louy! any one else a DIY kinda guy?
rusty savage Wrote:I just wanted to post how sweet fatt matt is!

You tryin to hit on me or somethingWink :bustingup
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Revo2k Wrote:You tryin to hit on me or somethingWink :bustingup

is that ur new nickname? huh huh
The worst dirtbiker is always one step ahead of even the best quad rider....

Tex Wrote:WTF, racing ranger 2?????? and racing ranger 1???? #2 needs his ass kicked for taking someone elses name.
im going to have to ghet some and wrap myself up in it when i go to work so i cant hear all the stupid people trying to talk to me all day Smile
K3- C5 rody mod, custom gears, KDZ hop ups.

soon *- TTR EB4 S3, ACE servos, RB C5BB, TTR option hop ups, KDZ hop ups.
I have been really lucky with my GTI. The only thing that rattles is the heat shield above the gas tank and my visors up front a bit. It's amazing what happens when you by a german vehicle over a japanese one. :p:
my acura doesn't rattle at all Smile

What does it have that would make it rattle though??

The GTI has the 2 W3's in it right now and will probably have a W7 or Alpine Type X within the month...
I have a camaro.. everyhitng rattles, squeaks, creaks, and makes noise. On my old V6 I went crazy with sound deadening. Doors, tailgate, floor.. all over the place and that car was very quiet. My Z28 now though I've not done anyhitng to quiet it down and I don't think I will!
-- John --
1:1.. 01 Z28 Camaro A4 Sure.. its stock.
1:8's.. K3, Inferno GT, and a straight line beater car
1:18.. RC18t Mamba and 3s lipo
two 10 in w3s with a 500 watt jl amp two jl 6/9s two 5 in jls in the door and two tweets up front, powered by a Pioneer AVH-P6400CD

Very nice... I have the 8 stock monsoon speakers with the 2 W3's powered by an MA-Audio 1200 watt amp. (Tuned waaay down LoL) I couldn't see rewiring the entire sound system to use another amp or speakers when these are crystal clear. I could really benefit from a new head unit though. If I do that I will probably rewire new speakers (Since the monsoon's are amped, and then individually amped) with my phoenix gold amp. (One of the amazing, slightly older, 4 channel, 300 watt amp. I love it...
i am getting my ready to be shipped here to me it takes so long a bunch of paper work Smile but soon i will have my baby out on the autobahn Smile

i would love to get some 13in w7s but i caught this rc desease it keeps draining my bank account lol plus i got a little one on the way so i really have no need for them Wink

I think I am getting a 10W7 It whould be more than enough for the little hatchback...
what kinda box you putting it in?

It will be sealed. Since it is more of an SPL sub and I am a fan of clear sound I figured putting it in a nice sealed box will give me the best of both worlds. I think it will still be plenty loud enough at that. If for some reason I don't like that then I will make a nice tuned ported box... I will probably use baltic birch. (If I have the $$$. If not... MDF it is.)
ya i like the seal boxes better myself i had a pair of kenwood 10s in a bandpass box they thumped pretty well

Indeed. I am working on a deal with the W7 right now. If that doesn't go through I am going to look into an Alpine type X or a pair of W6's.
alpines are great, but pricey there head units arent what they used to be though.

IMO for what yo uget they are a far better deal than JL. The type R is a fairly cheap sub and is just about on the same level as the W3... the Type X is right up there in between the W6 and W7 but when purchased new is a couple hundred cheaper. I LOVE my JL's and would like to never run anything else but them. Hopefully my wallet allows.
my friend ran a single alpine 10 i forget what model in his camaro and it sounded pretty good but he was running a big cap and all kinds of stuff.

That reminds me... I need a capacitor. Dimming lights bug me...
Nice Rusty, I am a DIY guy some of the time. More and more as I get older.+

The only thing that rattles in my VW is the front visors. If you flip them down they stop rattling.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
I noticed that. LoL What is on your Jetta Gabe?? (Have use for 2 W3's?? LoL)
tex your ride is pretty sweet with that trunk crammed!! Is it stock sound deadening or did you lone it with some thing?
all stock deadening for me.... I have (4) punch 10's (the cheap ones) with a single punch 200 mono 1-channel amp. YES very underpowered but it works ok for me.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965