Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
obvious 'x' flaw
i was just lookin through pictures of the savage x
why does the gas tank hang off the side? any way to rig it so that it's protected? or add a peace of something under it...b/c it looks like it will split right in half if i don't land perfectly or drive over a rock
thanks
IMO that's a flaw in all Savages. The answer is a mid-tank conversion.

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies
Dude...That works fine for all the other savages. I think over the year and a half I had mine I broke mabye 2 tanks. If you look, it's an upside down L shape. Plus you can just buy a tank guard (like $10) if you're that worried about it. Mine never cracked from the bottom.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
man dude i have never broken a tank on any car lol!
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
screw the savage and go for the tmaxx, lol. doesnt it take a long time to do the midtank conversion?
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
i think the tank guard looks fine, ill see when i get the truck if it will be a problem, but where could i get the mid tank converstion thing at?
No need for a mid tank conversion. Just run it as is! The tank is fine where it is. It would have to take some super freak accident to break it.
I've only had one Savage tank break. It was due to the vibrations from big air jumps. I put a small O-Ring on each of the 2 tank supports (before putting the tank on), and never had another tank problem.
that actually sounds stupid...but it would work pretty good...are these just normal o rings like this?
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti...XN166&P=ML
Yep.
It comes with O rings....

They make tank protecters...

... In 3 years with my savage the only tank i broke was when i forgot to put on the clips that hold it in the truck and then jumped my truck off of a huge dirt mound( you know the ones that they make when they start building a new subdivion!) The tank came loose and the lid snapped off.
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
all tanks on buggies come with o-rings or tell u to put fuel tubing underneath the tank in b/w the tank and the supports it helps cut down on the bubbles in ur tank as well

I do recall reading about how the top shock mounting screw can puncture the tank in a hard crash, because the mount can flex forward. The fix was to install the screw from the other side, so the screw head was nearest the tank.

FWIW, Revo tank can get damaged when a stock right rear arm breaks and get shoved into the back of the tank.
I cracked a tank on my Savage once, you really could not tell except when it sat for awhile. I bought a Vertigo tank guard. On my 2nd racer I plan to do the mid-tank with the FLM setup.
dirtguy90 Wrote:that actually sounds stupid...but it would work pretty good...are these just normal o rings like this?
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti...XN166&P=ML

There is nothing stupid about that... o-rings give because they are made out of silicone. If you need a small damper it will work fine.
I use fuel tubing slices.
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:I do recall reading about how the top shock mounting screw can puncture the tank in a hard crash, because the mount can flex forward. The fix was to install the screw from the other side, so the screw head was nearest the tank.

FWIW, Revo tank can get damaged when a stock right rear arm breaks and get shoved into the back of the tank.

That was on the originals .21 savages. The newer ones don't suffer from that problem because of the tank redesign and shorter shock tower screws that they put on them (starting with the 25 savage).
Thats right tune! ... No longer a problem
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
Not to say the stock design doesn't work but...Mid-tank just seems smarter to me....better balance (weight distribrution) even though it's some extra work its, worth it.

[Image: 000_1034.jpg]

Love the LST shocks Smile
wow dude those are nice ass shocks!

so, all that does is move the gas tank so that it's in front of the motor..where can i get one? how much are they?
does it just have a new braces that goes on the chassis and then you just screw the tank into it?
Custom. No kit.
Mine is a complete custom w/ a Ofna 9.5 tank but there are many different set ups that can be done. Depends on your skills.

Basically everything I did was to allow the tank to sit as low as possible for better CG and to eliminate any 1/2 tank leanout issues associated with L-shaped tanks (T-Maxx's have this problem also)

-relocated throttle servo w/ custom brackets
-relocated steering servo w/ custom brackets
-custom CF plate for steering asssembly
-(2) modified stock chassis braces
-RPM reciever box
-relocated Rx battery
-modified throttle/brake linkages

Here's some pics...
http://www.chitownrc.com/showthread.php?t=1757

rocco79 Wrote:Thats right tune! ... No longer a problem

I am happy for the Savage owners! yay