Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how old are you? how'd u get into rcing?
how old are some of you guys? how'd you get into rcing? what cars/trucks do you have?
im 14, got into it from a friend and i have a t4 (that doesn't work cuzz i literallly blew up the esc) and im getting probably a savage x

what about you guys?Smile
im 13 and my friend got me into this hobby and I have 2 maxx's and will get the revo 3.3 in the summer
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
im gonna be 16 on monday and a freind got me interested it was about 5 years ago. then i heard about the track and i was pretty nervous to go but me and revo2k went and i had a blast. i loved it. then when lhr reopened after x-mas i decided that i was going to start racing. i was also nervous about this but i went out there and did my best and i ended up dead last and i kept my pride and tried harder the next weekend. i just kept getting better and better everytime i went. i had alot of help from people here on the forums like tex and sh1nn3r. these are great guys and if you have any ?'s there pretty good about answering them.
i was 11 when i started, I started with a duratrax maxximum st, then to an emaxx, then to a nitro rustler and mini t, then to a tmaxx and rc18t and now im at a revo and the same tmaxx
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
I'm 18. I've been in and out of the RC hobby as a whole for a few years. I was a hardcore basher for a while and now love to race. I have really started racing since the new LH track opened...
I started when i was 13 and i saw some stuff at the hobbytown USA that was formerly at Oak mill mall. I went in there to buy paint for a model car i was working on and walked out with a super nitro RS4. I have since ended up with an Mp6 a k2 and a k3 and now a TTR S3 and I am a hardcore racer at 16
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
well lets see i started when I was 12 I think I started off with a kyosho sandmaster mk11 buggy i drove that into the ground, then i got an e-rustler and raced that for a while then a b3 then 2 xxx's then a rc10gt then a t maxx and a couple other cars but i forget what then i took about a 3 year brake to fly planes now im back stronger than ever. i got my maxx up and running, also i got a xxx-nt that im racing now. my grandpa got me into rc's but I got myself int cars, but my recent inspiration was cuz of freeride. its sad all that time and money on rc cars and racing, and i still know next to nothing about cars and i cant race for chit lol
Yeah... I needed a small 1/10 scale to run over. LoL

(PM me pics of that RC you were telling me about in metals today if you have some...)
i would but i dont have a digi cam u know my casa is only like a mile from urs, i know this may sound crazy and all but u could just come over and look at it.

and dont worry give me time im gettin faster and faster ill have no prob out running u pretty soon
I'm 28, been in and out of RC my whole life. I've been really serious about RC since 2002 and I'm a die hard racer now. I only bashed up until 2004.

This year I'm racing a revo. Next year I'll try something else.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
im 33, been racing 2 years in april. had a car or 2 for a few months before i went racin. think i came a long way in a year and a half or so. :-)

now i def eat sleep and breathe RC... it is a def sickness for me.
I have been racing for a month now....and like slim I breathe eat and sleep nitro, only some guys think im weird so I never bring it up to talk about unless they do.

but I figure screw the guys who think im weird because I enjoy this and at least im not doing drugs or getting put into jail......you know.
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
I'm 27. I got into rc in the spring of '04. Opened this site in june of '04. Started racing in november '04 and been racing since!

I was a racing fan before I even got into rc. When I found out people race these things competatively instead of driving them around the house, it was all over for me. I've since dropped more cash than I every thought possible on a remote control toy truck, lol.
I'm 23 I have had rc's all my life, i always remeber asking on my birthday and christmas i want an r/c car im talking when i was 6 or 7 years old. I raced about 4-5 times last year with my revo, and I just got back into racing, soo i think i will stick with it this time.
Mugen MBX5T Prospec
RB C6bb/O.S. Speed
Hitec 5955
Futaba s9351
Jr Z-1
http://www.frontlinetec.com

Soo easy a cave man can drive it Mooooooooooogen
Common thread here....RC is a disease cured with cash.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
I'm 35. bought my first truck,a thunder quake(bigg peace of ****) 6years ago for no reason.originaly i went out for the biggest gas powerd rc i could get. but the guy wouldnt sell me one.
stumbled across a track in bristol wi. and descoverd racing rc's.
6 mo later pu a xxxnt and started raceing thare
then later pu a buggy ( love racing them)
ben racing ever sence,mostly durring the summer on the weekends.
now i'm trying mt class for a little.
Gary Wright
President
http://www.midwestnitro.com
"Keeping Racing Simple"
18, I got my first Nitro about 5 years ago (duratrax Max ST piece of crap) Then I got out of it for a while then started building the tamiya's then re-built the Max ST which is the monster I have now. Big Grin
I'm 33 this May. I just got started in this hobby last August, I'm what you would call a "dye in the wool" newbie. But damn its fun. I have always been into racing. My father and I would make pilgrimages to Road America and the Dragstrips every year when I was a kid. Since I cant afford and am to old to start racing (except for carting, which I dont have the money for anyway) this was the next logical step.
I like mechanical things, I love RC airplanes ,my Grandfather and I built balsa wood flyers when I was a kid and flew them on our family land in Michigan City, Ind., but I'll get into RC airplanes when I retire along with opening a hobbyshop. I really got into this so my son(who is 12) and I could have something to do together that was fun. His interest has wained somewhat but I'm hooked. Plus it's one of those things you always wanted to do as a kid but didn't have the cash for and now I have the cash, sort of...
couple of months ago RC10GT.
The worst dirtbiker is always one step ahead of even the best quad rider....

Tex Wrote:WTF, racing ranger 2?????? and racing ranger 1???? #2 needs his ass kicked for taking someone elses name.
Racin' Ranger1 Wrote:couple of months ago RC10GT.

I have an RC10GT too, I'm thinking of getting rid of it in favor of a Traxxas Jato. Ranger have you checked out Crescenzi Racings website yet?

Link--->http://www.rc10gthobby.com/