Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what would YOU choose, and why?
im looking at 2 trucks...the savage x and the t-maxx 3.3, both are brand new and very up to date, as well as fast
i'm currently leaning toward the t-maxx because there seems to be more hop ups and support for it,
but which truck would you choose, of these two, and why?

thanks Big Grin
Personally, I'd go Revo 3.3, but out of the two you chose, I'd go Savage X. The T-Maxx is known for too much breakage. Savage is known tough, and most all of it's faults have been fixed.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Savage dude
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
From those picked, I'd take the savage.

The t-max is old technology, I'm not even sure why traxxas still makes it since they have the revo. The revo does everything the tmax does, and does it better.
Even though I don't really care for HPI and I like Traxxas alot if you are going to be bashing and maybe a little bit of racing I would say Savage. Sad

Tune, Yup Traxxas still makes it, and I've seen a few people getting new ones from LH in the past few months, and I've seen new ones on the Traxxas "Surfers Rides"
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
im only going to be bashing...i might race some friends but nothing too competitive
The savage it the King of bashing dude....
Then I would say the Savavge, if you are looking to upgrading to a better motor in the future, then you have to go with the savage, I KNOW the drivetrain is alot better than the Maxx's. But I think the T-Maxx has more hop-ups for it, the only week part that I have found on the Maxx are the Bulkheads.

my maxx has aluminum bulkheads and rpm arms nd it barely breakes now... I have done kartwheels for like 10 feet and it doesnt break
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
Traxxas_Junkee Wrote:Even though I don't really care for HPI and I like Traxxas alot if you are going to be bashing and maybe a little bit of racing I would say Savage. Sad

Kyle is starting to like the dark side!
Big Grin
yeah, i had aluminum bulkheads, from you lol, I didn't like them, they worked fine, just something I didn't like. I have RPM stuff on the truck all over, wheels, arms, shocktowers, and it never breaks. The only that has broken isd the bulkheads. (which suck to replace).

Revo2k Wrote:
Kyle is starting to like the dark side!
Big Grin

Just remember you roots, T-Maxx, E-Maxx, then what, Savage? then the RS4 and now what are you back to? HMM TRAXXAS! LOL.

traxxas thrasher Wrote:my maxx has aluminum bulkheads and rpm arms nd it barely breakes now... I have done kartwheels for like 10 feet and it doesnt break

With a savage he wont have to buy 40 bucks of arms and 40+ of bulks to survive that..
.... No offense
Savage.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
is the savage x made out of some kind of metal or like that carbon/plastic material stuff?
b/c i know that the maxx is made with the carbon plasticy stuff, which i have on my t4 and it breaks for no reason
rocco79 Wrote:With a savage he wont have to buy 40 bucks of arms and 40+ of bulks to survive that..
.... No offense

Mine has survived that when stock. I dont know about how much more it could have taken but...

tough call.. I'd NOT count thet-maxx out. FYI the 3.3 t-maxx has a LOT of upgrades.. the driveline is as tough as the Revos now.

# Adjustable wheelie bar.
# OptiDrive™ electronically controlled transmission.
# EZ-Start™ push-button electric starting.
# Revo-spec state-of-the-art transmission
- Two-speed forward/reverse transmission.
- Ultra-compact, fewer moving parts.
- Low rotating mass for quick, high-revving acceleration.
- Autoshifting two-speed is simple, reliable, and easy to adjust.
- Constant drive engagement is smooth and instantly responsive.
- Sealed case protects the gears and two-speed from track debris.
# Revo-spec sealed driveshafts.
# Revo-spec powerful semi-metallic brake pads.
# Revo-spec axle carrier.
# Torque-Control™ slipper clutch.
# Pre-glued Talon™ tires with foam inserts mounted on 3.8"
mirror chrome Split-Spoke wheels.
# Precision adjustable turnbuckles.
# Adjustable body mounts.
# Sealed pivot balls.
# Oil-filled Ultra Shocks™.
# Strengthened bulkheads and differential housings.
# Strengthened engine mount.
# 4mm thick 6061-T6 chassis.
# Metric hex hardware.
# Aluminum antenna nut.
# Rubber-sealed bearings.
-- John --
1:1.. 01 Z28 Camaro A4 Sure.. its stock.
1:8's.. K3, Inferno GT, and a straight line beater car
1:18.. RC18t Mamba and 3s lipo
they still dont have the upgraded diffs.

I would llike to see these "upgraded bulkheads..."
Revo2k Wrote:I would llike to see these "upgraded bulkheads..."

+1
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
I wouldn't mind getting my hands on those "upgraded Bulks" Smile
so, what are the pros and conns of each truck.
now im really thinkin about the savage x, just stinks there's not a lot of them on ebay yet, and they've been out a while

which is more durable, which is faster, which will be easier to fix, and which will be easier to tune/adjust?
Savages are not the indestructible monsters that many people say they are. I've seen all kinds of savages breaks diffs, crack Gas tanks, bend shock shafts and break all kinds of parts. Plus the Savage X has lighter arms with less material in them so its unknown if that weight reduction has compromised the strength of the savage arms. bottom line is if you crash into fixed objects they will break. Unless its a full supermaxx.. lol.. in that case it will probaby break whatever it hits.

Also consider this.. the t-maxx has always been a good deal lighter than the savage and with the power output of the 3.3 the tmaxx will have a much better power to weight ratio than the savage.

the new Maxx bulks...
From looking at the exploded views and pics the new bulks appear to have extra material around where the chassis bolts to the bulks plus they eleminated the pockets on the bulks opting instead for just some minor webbing, as well as a diferent material. It should be stronger than the old bulks but who knows.

I think you should buy both.. then crash them into the same objects at the same speed repeatedly and see what breaks. lol!
-- John --
1:1.. 01 Z28 Camaro A4 Sure.. its stock.
1:8's.. K3, Inferno GT, and a straight line beater car
1:18.. RC18t Mamba and 3s lipo
i can't afford both (unfortunately)
i have about $600 (im 14) and only want to spend MAYBE 400.. tops
this is just the cost of the truck...not everything that breaks so i can't get both Sad
and i only know 1 other person that lives by me and is in the hobby, and he's getting a revo on thursday, so that's useless

anybody have/have driven both trucks?
revo2k had the original maxx and had the savage .25

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  help me choose scale!!! kevinF 26 3,260 08-13-2006, 09:40 PM
Last Post: kevinF
  Choose a name for the new Spyder RCDad 18 2,669 10-04-2005, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Tex