Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
switching fuels
I wnet out today and was going to switch fuels. from top fuel 20% to trinity plantinum 30%, and it wouldnt start when I changed them. I first ran 2 tanks of the old stuff and then went to switch and it ouldnt start.

I heated the engine up with a hair dryer and still would not start up.

can it be that it is too cold to switch fuels.
if so should I wait till I get to the track to switch fuels?

thanks, kevin
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
it may be too cold for any fuel lol, u shouldnt have a problem getting it started just because of switching fuels.
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
put a new plug in
[Image: mich1iy1.jpg]
well I ran the rest of my top fuel which was 2 tanks, then I switched and it wouldnt start....

soooo I will just take it to the track and hope it starts or im screwed.
[/SIZE]
yea I forgot about that michowski.

ill do that either tommorow or wednesday when it is a little warmer.
[/SIZE]
well I changed my plug and it started up pefect. I started to tune it and I got it to my liking. then I temped it and it was 325 degrees.

it didnt run like it was lean, it ran good. what could it be, also it blew myplug too.
[/SIZE]
nevermind I figured it out.
[/SIZE]
what was it
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
well my slipper was to loose causing it to rev with litlle resistance and then the aluminum foil held the heat in.
[/SIZE]
so u try out the 30% yet??
looking for something new to buy.... like a lst2 or something let me know what u got..................
yep 30% trinity plantinum. get that man.

I used to run 20% top fuel and in the grass i couldnt do donuts, but that all changed when i switched to platinum 30% I would turn the steering and pull the throttle all the way back and it wouldnt stop doing donuts.

it seemed to take off a lot faster and more horsepower.
[/SIZE]
i use top fuel 33% now and i like it ill try trintiy 30% when i need to buy fuel
looking for something new to buy.... like a lst2 or something let me know what u got..................
thrasher now all u need to do is ditch the cheezy start and then get a new pipe, and reciver pack...
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
I will try the Trinity 30% for my next fuel I buy, also how much is it, and does Al's Hobby Shop carry it?
My R/C's:
T-maxx 2.5-front rpm a-arms, front/rear alluminum skids, pull-start, ofna failsafe, 5 cell hump pack
xmod red 1969 camaro with 6 cell conversion, stage 2 motor and body kit
xmod Red Toyota Supra-no upgrades.

xmod Silver Acura RSX-has green underglow lights, and blue LED exhaust, and body kit.-My parts car(as it is broke, and too lazy to buy part to fix it)
xmod Yellow Acura NSX-has body kit(sometimes put the RSX body on it)
Visit my site
Traxxas_Junkee Wrote:thrasher now all u need to do is ditch the cheezy start and then get a new pipe, and reciver pack...

once I buy a revo and have the revo all ready to race maybe with the extra money ill ditch the cheeeeesy start, get a pipe, and reciever pack...

im going revo babyBig Grin now rocco just needs to get one. hehe
[/SIZE]
mikecooper Wrote:I will try the Trinity 30% for my next fuel I buy, also how much is it, and does Al's Hobby Shop carry it?

mike it is 29.99 and LH carrys it so go get it from them if als dont have it.

make sure you get trinity PLATINUM 30%
[/SIZE]
ok thanks, can't wait until this top fuel 20% is done, so I can get the trinity platinum 30% and see the power change, also is it safe to run on a completely stock t-maxx?
My R/C's:
T-maxx 2.5-front rpm a-arms, front/rear alluminum skids, pull-start, ofna failsafe, 5 cell hump pack

xmod Silver Acura RSX-has green underglow lights, and blue LED exhaust, and body kit.-My parts car(as it is broke, and too lazy to buy part to fix it)
Visit my site
yup. its not a dramatic change in horsies but is enough to spin out your truck on short grass or pavement.
[/SIZE]
any little bit counts.
My R/C's:

Visit my site
yup yup...

well if your worried about your trans, spur, or you drivetrain stripping out then dont because this fuel weont strip that stuff out anymore than the 20% can
[/SIZE]
awesome, that is what i was worried about. I think I found my new fuel once my current can of top fuel is gone Big Grin
My R/C's:

Visit my site
sweeeeeeet I can almost guarantee that with a tuned engine you will see increase in performance.
[/SIZE]
runs cooler (yes cooler), idles better, more rpm, and it gets to rpm faster with 30%

There is no reason to run anything under 30% ever IMO.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Thrasher did you buy obsessive's other Revo?
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
Tex Wrote:runs cooler (yes cooler), idles better, more rpm, and it gets to rpm faster with 30%

There is no reason to run anything under 30% ever IMO.

unless ur running a .12 of course lol
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Switching Fuels Chicagojoe 9 1,640 09-02-2006, 05:38 PM
Last Post: kevinF