Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LST Vs. Savage?
Just wondering what you guys think is the best Monster truck. I want to get a car to bash and I heard either the savage or the LST. Which one would be the best one to buy?
I would say savage for bashing, or if you are looking into eventually racing get a REVO.
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
Traxxas_Junkee Wrote:I would say savage for bashing, or if you are looking into eventually racing get a REVO.

+1
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
I never thought about a traxxas. What makes this better for bashing than the LST?
I've seen a few problems with LST's...I cant remember exactaly but something would strip in the diffs really easy and the arms break alot. The savage, if you don't have the DD brakes, then you won't really have a problem.

Revo is completely different in motor size, racing capabilities, suspention, everything lol....
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Indeed... If you will be racing ever I would say to get the Revo. It is a pretty good basher (Mine rarely broke unless I did something really stupid) and is an awesome racer right out of the box. If you will only be bashing then by all means go for the savage as it is still the best basher. IMO Just my $0.02. If you have a good deal of money that you want to throw at it I do love the LST but it will take a little more $$$ than the otheres. (But when finished I like the look of it best).
In a heads up match for bashing, I'd take a savage hands down over an lst. Those trucks can take a beating like no other. A savage was my first nitro tuck. I've landed that sucker on it's lid from 20 feet in the air. Go flip it over and continue driving. Endless cartwheels, rolls, bounced, hits, etc. Never even broke an arm on that think. Bend a shock? Just bend it straight and keep on trucking. When I was bashing it, breaking was minimal at best.
Savage, especially the new one with the 4.6 motor, or the Savage-X.

But for the record, my Revo never broke an arm or shock landing on it's lid, either....Big Grin
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
Just watch that stock motor... I have heard random cases of bearing issues and problems with the factory rotostart...
hey guys thanks for your replys! I appreciate it. Too many to choose from it is overwhelming. I haven't been in RC cars for about 19 years and all of a sudden I am again. Not sure about the racing aspect, but I know its fun from when I did it back in the day. How many people actually race nowadays? Is leisure time the best one to go to?
Average nitro day at Leisure gets 100 entries across 4 classes (but that's multiple entries per guy...around 70 guys, maybe????). LHR is the closest indoor dirt for me, so it's the best I know of. In summer there will be more options for outdoor dirt racing, including LHR's new dirt track (huge!).
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
How much is it per entry for racing? So I will take it there is a monster truck class?
Yeah... Stock MT class with the Revo is a great way to get into racing fairly competatively and fairly cheap. Buggy is the largest and IMO most competative followed closely by the growing unlimited monster truck class. 1/10 scale is the smallest but still has some very talented drivers. IMO the Revo is the best of everything and the best way to get into nitro right now. Plus it comes with a ton of extras.
And it is $15 for 1 class.
http://www.leisurehoursraceway.com for all the details....

Racing is $15 for first class, and $10 for each after that.
Standard Monster Truck (SMT) is a class for Savage-Revo-LST type trucks that don't have center differentials. Everything else runs in Unlimited (or Arena) MT....truggy...class. LSP-Hellfire-X1CRT-buggy conversions, etc.

Then there is also 1/8 scale buggy and 1/10 scale stadium 2wd truck.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
Sounds like a lot more people are into this than I thought and sounds cheap to race...minus the cars and parts. You said watch out for the stock engine? Is that the LST,SAVAGE, or REVO engine?
Also, what about going all aluminum(a arms, shock towers, etc) on one of these trucks for bashing reasons. Would you notice a difference in handling because of the weight factor? No diff? Too expensive?
Don't go alu! Unnecessary weight. Any of these trucks can take a good bashing in stock form. You'd be slower off the line with all alu, and it's a waste of money.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Too expensive. I was going to do it on my revo but it is not worth the price and weight. It is much cheaper to replace the occasional stock one. If you are looking for a revo PM Obsessive RC on here. He has a few nice ones... The bearing issues in the motor were only in the savage that I have heard of but in very few cases.
heimchr Wrote:Also, what about going all aluminum(a arms, shock towers, etc) on one of these trucks for bashing reasons. Would you notice a difference in handling because of the weight factor? No diff? Too expensive?

The only full aluminum truck thats worth while is a supermaxx. Very expensive.
SOLD: BCE Pro X1-CRT Truggy, Dace Predator/Unlimited Engineering towered VBS Supermaxx
Current: Nitro Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4, Nitro Traxxas Slash
savage dude
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
A lot of people say the savage. So if comparing the LST price tag to the SAVAGE price tag you are basically paying more money for nothing? Do they perform the same?
LST's come with a nicer fm synthesized radio. Which is nice.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
The added cost of the LST is mostly due to the JR XS3 FM radio gear which is much better than the stock am radio that most RTR's will come with.
Ahh, ya beat me to it Dave..LOL.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Savage hansarvin 3 1,301 03-04-2007, 03:18 PM
Last Post: mikeh
  Building a new Savage basher. mikeh 20 3,115 02-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  E-Savage north_shore_racer 13 2,239 01-05-2007, 08:57 AM
Last Post: mikeh
  Savage Questions Chicagojoe 10 2,910 09-15-2006, 11:22 AM
Last Post: SLOW REVO
  Savage X or Hellfire redzebra24 9 1,974 04-15-2006, 10:29 AM