Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My new body clips
I was in need of body clips yesterday, and my mom suggested bobby pins, and they worked perfect after taking the little rubber end off. They are cheap(I think she said 100 or so for $1 at the dollar store) and stay on very well, you just have to twist them a little. Here are some pics I took of them on the r/c.
[Image: newbodyclip1.jpg]
[Image: newbodyclip2.jpg]
My R/C's:
T-maxx 2.5-front rpm a-arms, front/rear alluminum skids, pull-start, ofna failsafe, 5 cell hump pack
xmod red 1969 camaro with 6 cell conversion, stage 2 motor and body kit
xmod Red Toyota Supra-no upgrades.

xmod Silver Acura RSX-has green underglow lights, and blue LED exhaust, and body kit.-My parts car(as it is broke, and too lazy to buy part to fix it)
xmod Yellow Acura NSX-has body kit(sometimes put the RSX body on it)
Visit my site
Some guys use paper clips as an alternative to body clips. You just have to be careful because if they flip stright up on the post, the body can still slip over them. That's why the real clips have the bump in the middle of the clip, so it stays flat against the shell.

It's cool that your mom is into RC and thinking outside the box for you.
she just thinks buying the body clips is a waste of my money, which is why she told me to try these.

also about flipping straight up, that is why I have them bent outwards at the end, so that can't happen. except on the front left in the pic, but I noticed that and bent it outwards right after the pic.
My R/C's:
T-maxx 2.5-front rpm a-arms, front/rear alluminum skids, pull-start, ofna failsafe, 5 cell hump pack

xmod Silver Acura RSX-has green underglow lights, and blue LED exhaust, and body kit.-My parts car(as it is broke, and too lazy to buy part to fix it)
Visit my site
When you start crashing on the track, they'll flip stright up. They'll freakin' disappear and you won't be able to figure out how. Racing is like entering the Bermuda Triangle...weird stuff just starts to happen for no reason. It has something to do with the fact that there's 50 other guys watching everything all the time. Like when a wheel comes off, everyone goes OOOOOhhhhhhh. But it's still fun!!!
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
haha ok, I had a wheel come off yesterday, it was quite funny.
My R/C's:

Visit my site
good idea, but too bulky and unstable. I wish body clips were super cheap.
________
Vaporizers info
I am thinking of forming my own body clips out of paper clips, just bending them with a couple pairs of pliers, the big paper clips, not the small ones.
My R/C's:

Visit my site
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:Like when a wheel comes off, everyone goes OOOOOhhhhhhh. But it's still fun!!!

Fun for everyone else except whoever it happens to.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
Steve, you quote me out of context....

racing is fun
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRP-5295-Heavy-hitte...dZViewItem

50 clips shipped for $7.50

or

go for this style that can't fall out....

[Image: bodyclips.jpg]
but I only have $5.00, and i need to buy some lug nuts and a glowplug. so that would be a problem. I don't get payed until next thursday.
My R/C's:

Visit my site
Good luck with getting nuts and a plug for 5.00 I saw Mccoys went up to around $5 now
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
yep a Traxxas 3232 is $4 at Hobbytown.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
damn guess time to go to the garage and find a nut to fit as a lugnut for now(out of the about 3,000 out there), I will just buy a glowplug.
My R/C's:

Visit my site
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:Steve, you quote me out of context....

racing is fun

Yeah it is fun and yeah it is funny when a wheel goes flying, but if your in the middle of a race and doing good then it's not so funny for the guy it happened to. That's what I was trying to say.

I use a locking body clip on the house transponder when I race. I still lose front body clips. Not that big of a deal.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
Take a wheel nut to the shop teacher and ask him for more like that....or get Dan to throw a glow plug your way...
make sure it has the nylon threads, so it wont vibrate lose.
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
UE-Maxx Wrote:Yeah it is fun and yeah it is funny when a wheel goes flying, but if your in the middle of a race and doing good then it's not so funny for the guy it happened to. That's what I was trying to say.

I use a locking body clip on the house transponder when I race. I still lose front body clips. Not that big of a deal.

reread what I was saying. bad things happen when the whole place is watching....but still fun to race....not fun when it tanks....but if ya can't laugh at yourself, you take yourself too seriously.
I know i was laughing like crazy when I was turning yesterday, and my wheel came off. Also why would I go to the shop teacher, when I have tons of nuts in my garage, my dad being a mechanic, there are 1000's of every size and threading.
My R/C's:

Visit my site
Mike, I guess I thought you were joking about the amount of hardware in the garage!!!
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
nope lol we have tons of it.
I found one that fit perfect.

This pic is the bolts/nuts drawer
[Image: nutsandsuch1.jpg]
Here is another one of the drawers.
[Image: nutsandsuch2.jpg]
Here is a pic of the drawers, all filled with random parts, each categorized.
[Image: nutsandsuch3.jpg]
This is just a random pic of the back of the garage, you can see the old buggy up top on the wooden thing.
[Image: nutsandsuch4.jpg]
My R/C's:

Visit my site
Good luck finding a metric flanged nylock in there, Mike!!
I found one, and it fit perfect.
My R/C's:

Visit my site
Cool! j/k wit ya before.

Never saw a truck that wheelied in reverse as good as yours!
haha, I was having fun on the ice today Big Grin and as usual had lots of reverse flip overs due to wheelies in reverse.
My R/C's:

Visit my site

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Body wraps Briguy 6 6,005 08-28-2008, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Briguy
  CrT rear body mount pwnzor 8 1,795 01-19-2007, 01:42 PM
Last Post: pwnzor
  New Aston Martin DBR9 body for the Inferno GT.... Thirdgen89GTA 14 2,435 01-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Last Post: AddictedtoNITRO
  Unpainting a painted body? Ponch 10 2,357 05-09-2006, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Obsessive R/C
  What Body... FreeRideFrosty 24 2,829 03-06-2006, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Michowski
  Jeep Body Jeepguy 4 1,486 01-22-2006, 09:44 PM
Last Post: Jeepguy
  Revo Body FreeRideFrosty 5 1,777 01-19-2006, 02:03 AM
Last Post: FreeRideFrosty
  What do you guys think of this body? RCDad 17 3,804 11-28-2005, 08:21 PM
Last Post: BottledBeast
  HPI's new 68 Camaro body SixVi6-Camaro 15 2,557 11-16-2005, 03:02 AM