Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advise please
I posted one of my Revo's on RCU f/s and have recieved an offer on it. They guy who wants it wants me to send it C.O.D.

He say's that he was ripped off once before and his wife won't let him send payment out without knowing he's actually going to get the truck. I told him about buyer protection throgh PayPal but they do not have a PayPal account.

I have never sent anything out C.O.D. before. Is there anything to worry about here, or am I concerned for no reason?? :confused:

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies
I almost positive that with COD if they do not pay when they deliver it then they wont give it to them and send it back to you.
"I'm always amazed to hear of air crash victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?"
I wouldn't do it. Somebody will buy that beast soon.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Sounds like a scam to me.
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
That's what I'm thinking...something just dosen't settle right w/ me. I know that they have to pay for it before picking it up, but can they cancel payment or anything like that before I get paid??

Well dude, I think they only take Cash or money orders, no checks. and in order to cancel a money order they would need both the money order and it's receipt. Smile
paypal only and your problems are solved
[Image: mich1iy1.jpg]
If you have any weird feelings, back out, its your right. Besides I know that eventually that beast will sell!
Smile
If you use UPS-COD you have nothing to worry about. The receiving person will have to pay the UPS driver with cash or a money order. Then UPS will send you a check. Sounds like some extra work for you though and a couple of things to consider.
-May take 5-10 business days to get a check from UPS
-UPS will charge a COD fee of I beleive $5.00
-Also if the receiving person is not home or refuses the package then UPS will bring it back to you and you will not only have to pay the COD charges but you will be stuck with the UPS freight charges and a return package fee.

I would tell the guy to send you half or $100.00 to cover your expenses in case some thing does go wrong or he back out at the last minute when UPS knocks oln his door.

Supermaxx Predator Lite Race Maxx
Supermaxx Thunder Big-Block Race Truck
GS Storm SUT CE Native Racing Truck
Mugen MBX5T
Mugen MBX5R
Very good call with the "have the guy send $100 as a down payment, non refundable" MaxxGS...

I wouldn't do it ORC, sounds kinda fishy IMO.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Thanks, Tex. I would beware also, sounds weird.

Supermaxx Predator Lite Race Maxx
Supermaxx Thunder Big-Block Race Truck
GS Storm SUT CE Native Racing Truck
Mugen MBX5T
Mugen MBX5R
Thanks guys...I was feeling odd about it from the start. I'd hate to get burned with this.

I think I'll talk to my UPS guy that I ship from to ask him about the liability issues also. But I may just pass on it all together.

I wouldn't do it. I had a friend get burned selling $2500 wheels via C.O.D. The guy paid with a fake money order, and UPS said it was not their fault that the money order was fake. So my friend was out the money, but eventually the local authorities arrested the guy, because he was pulling the scam with other people.
Kanai K3
Kanai K2
LSP-R project
Ok then...thats the type of burn that I was worried could be possible. Thanks!!
Thanks to all of you guys actually!!