Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pics of my S-Maxx
Alright, I managed to shoot some pics yesterday and I uploaded them. So here we go:

[Image: maxx.jpg]

[Image: maxx_inside.jpg]

[Image: maxx_inside_close.jpg]

[Image: maxx_bottom.jpg]

[Image: maxx_head.jpg]

[Image: maxx_exhaust.jpg]

As you can see I didn't finish cutting cooling and exhaust holes, since I have no idea how to make it smooth. Do you know how can I cut it out?
Matas (Pronounce: Mátas)
you need some lexan scissors and cut with short cuts being very patient.
oh, BTW that maxx looks very sweet.
That maxx looks really nice! Try a dremel tool to make the opening smooth.
Nice looking truck but you really need to invest in a Dremel or something, lol.
ok, Dremel is what? Is it for making holes in walls, wood, and you can put screwdriver? I tried lexan scissors but its very hard and there is no place for scissors.
r0nd3L Wrote:ok, Dremel is what?

Dremel
Ohhh, so it's for smoothing corners? Thanks for the link.
yeah you can smooth corners with it.

I make all my cuts with lexan scissors. It just takes practice before you get good at it.
looks tight
Mr. Tune Wrote:Deruinked psosting is fun guys! Please don't follow me exwsample, I'm a bda influende.
:joy:
Quote:I make all my cuts with lexan scissors. It just takes practice before you get good at it.

I agree. I use lexan scissors, and will only pull out the Dremmel when i'm trying to finish it "Clean"

Occasionally, the scissors will leave you a little "out of round", and rather than fight it to get a nice cut, I'll use a Dremmel to finish.

BTW, Nice truck Rond3l. I'm sure you will have a blast with it.... One question. I remember you saying you ordered an S-Maxx. Did you order the S-Maxx, or the Sport-Maxx? I ask, because the S-Maxx comes with the 2-speed, and Sportttraxx tires, but yours has the Sport-Maxx/T-Maxx tires....
thenewguy821 Wrote:I agree. I use lexan scissors, and will only pull out the Dremmel when i'm trying to finish it "Clean"

Occasionally, the scissors will leave you a little "out of round", and rather than fight it to get a nice cut, I'll use a Dremmel to finish.

BTW, Nice truck Rond3l. I'm sure you will have a blast with it.... One question. I remember you saying you ordered an S-Maxx. Did you order the S-Maxx, or the Sport-Maxx? I ask, because the S-Maxx comes with the 2-speed, and Sportttraxx tires, but yours has the Sport-Maxx/T-Maxx tires....

LOL, yeah I ordered S-Maxx. I put my E-maxx tires while driving on pavement, so I get less traction and can keep sporttraxx for off-road.
Gotcha......

The sporttraxx tires hold up really well on pavement. I run a lot on pavement, and have barely worn down the sporttraxx tires on either of my trucks.
Still, they grip pretty good, so I don't like to run them on pavement. I love drifting! I'm not sure about my TRX 2.5, it just doesn't work good. It usually reaches 300F at break-in settings, so I have to run it richer than that. Do you think this is a sign of worn out engine, or something else? And btw, thanks for all compliments Smile
I use Dremel diamond tips to cut the body. And Dremel stone to smooth and cut holes. Works like a charm. Go the diamond cut idea from Fire.. Looks nice.
It Broke, I Freak Rolleyes
In the colder weather, you will have to run a richer setting than in the warm weather. I know the Traxxas book says to run no hotter than 270*, but mine ran the best at 280-290. I'm not suggesting that you run yours that hot. I was not running Traxxas fuel, which will help it run a little cooler. The biggest thing, watch the smoke. If you are running that hot, you should richen up a little, but watch (and listen to) the way it runs. Does it sound like it is "choking"? If so, you may be too rich. does it sound like it is trying to cut off? If so, you may be too lean. If it is running smooth, and there is a lot of smoke, you should be about right. Sometimes, if it is running GREAT, but hot, the High speed may be fine, but your low speed is too lean. Let it idle for about 15-20 seconds, then grab the throttle. Does it sputter, and spit, then take off? you are too rich on the low speed. If it won't idle for 15 seconds, and the RPM's shoot up before it dies, you are too lean. Hope this helps.

Anybody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Is this a good dremel to get, and does it include the diamond and other thing you mentioned? It's the same as NitroNoob mentioned, right?

Newguy: I'm running out now to see if any of the things you wrote are happening. I have no school today, so it's pretty cool.

Edit: Ooops, it's the second item.
This is all you will really need Basic Dremmel kit The one you mentioned is a very nice set, but there may be a lot of extras that you will never need. I usually cut out the holes with Scissors, then use the sanding drum attachment on the dremmel, to round out the hole better.
I just stopped by Menards and picked up thier house brand rotory tool. It comes with a lifetime warranty, so if I ever break it I just have to take it back and they give me a new one. Plus it was only like $30.00
thenewguy821 Wrote:This is all you will really need Basic Dremmel kit The one you mentioned is a very nice set, but there may be a lot of extras that you will never need. I usually cut out the holes with Scissors, then use the sanding drum attachment on the dremmel, to round out the hole better.

Same thing happened to my link. There is definately something wrong with home depot site.
The one on the bottom of the first page is the one I was trying to link to.

Any decent rotary tool kit will do the job. Dremmel is just a name brand, and you will usually pay a little more for the name. Home Depot carries Husky, as a store brand, and their rotary tool is very good as well. I'm not sure what Mehnards "House Brand" is, but it is a good tool as well. Black&Decker is good too. Little known fact, B&D tools are manufactured by Dewalt......
r0nd3L, the 2.5 trx engine can have picky tune settings. If it's running hot, richen it up until temps come down. If it's slow and running tooo rich, lean it out some.
Hmm, it looks like it's running pretty fine now. Didn't touch any needles.... Temps are about 250-260 while running on the grass. You think I should get GH cooling head just for better cooling? I'm also looking for a good pipe that will last, even if I buy new engine (which for now seems to be OS .18 TM.
looks good!
Ofna 9.5.. RB Concepts WS7 II -For Sale
Ofna 9.5 Roller - For Sale
Savage...ALL ALUM, bran new Mach427 -For Sale
message me, im, or email if intersted open to just about all offers.
OS motors are good. Make sure you get the new one coming out with rear exhaust.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some new pics from todays racing Gene 1 3,164 09-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Gene
  Anybody else here have onboard pics? BJoe 4 3,677 01-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Last Post: looker2756
  some pics of yesterday Gene 9 3,017 05-21-2009, 01:00 AM
Last Post: BJoe
  Vintage VW show pics Gene 0 1,609 05-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Gene
  When does adding 3 positive things together equal a negative? (SFW but bloody pics) Thirdgen89GTA 7 2,675 03-07-2009, 01:17 AM
Last Post: mikeh
  Thought it's about time I post some pics of the New Stuff Toughtrax 6 2,701 10-16-2008, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Tex
  did some flying saturday, some pics... stratcat 8 2,937 08-08-2008, 07:23 PM
Last Post: stratcat
  Motivational pics Michowski 32 7,321 07-27-2008, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  Pics of MY new ride Michowski 23 4,704 05-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Last Post: mikeh
  Pics of my new ride!! Mr. Tune 43 7,440 05-15-2008, 02:10 PM
Last Post: MX_KEVIN